Cycleworld Superstore

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycleworld Superstore

Cycleworld Superstore

Biggest joke EVER!!!!!!!!!! I ordered chain and sprockets for my 929rr and they only listed 1 set of sprockets that i was looking for, so the guy orders my stuff and says they'll call in a few days when it comes in. I live 2 hrs. away and when i went there to get the stuff they said the chain was wrong but it would take 4-6 weeks to get a new one but they had my sprockets. I took the sprockets and left. Went to install them yesterday and they weren't the right bolt pattern. The part wasn't even for my bike. So i call them and it's a new guy who knows nothing about it. The manager calls me a couple hrs. later and says to hurry up because it costing them long distance and that i should have checked the part before ordering and then he wondered why i ordered parts from toronto if i lived 2 hrs. away. This place is a joke and has anybody wondered why all the used bike he has are from the "states" and that he won't take trade in from here ? For being new you would think cust. service should be a priority but i guess not. They never offered to order new sprockets and they said just to come get a refund.

Re: Cycleworld Superstore

Different name, same ppl. I had my experience with them and they are a joke.

I visited this place last Saturday and talk about a dump.

Half the shelves were empty with some of the rows blocked with boxes and other junk.

The area that has the counter for parts and service is a complete mess with stuff all over.

As for appearal, well not a hugh selection and the jackets I looked at were dirty and all scuffed up.

I would not reccommend this place at all.

They are not exactly new, and have always been rough around the edges.
    It was the same on River St.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Bit of a "pack rat" place.
    I've bought some things from them over the years.

It's not a dealership so don't except A-list products.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Wow, I spoke to these guys at the bike show a few weeks ago and they bragged about all the great changes they have made to the place!!!! LOL!!

Cool Re: Cycleworld Superstore

I went there 2 weeks ago and asked if they had any swing arms spools. The guy I was speaking with didnt ask me what bike I had and then proceeded to flip through a parts catalog. Then this conversation took place:

Guy: What stand do you have?
    Me: Hindle
    Guy: Should'nt you get hindle spools then?
    Me: I think the spools are universal but the bolts are bike specific
    Guy: Come back in a few weeks we should have some stuff

There were customers in line so I guess he didnt want to deal with me but after that conversation, I didnt really want to deal with him lol...and I admit im not the most knowledgeable regarding bikes....but I dont work in a motorcycle store.

They had some nice new stuff there but there was alot of stuff that looked used/old stock (i.e. Helmets, Gloves, one peice suits). Some had original Cycle World tags on them, so I dont know what the deal is. I may give them another chance cause its not like I got screwed or anything but I will be very selective. I think you need to know specifically what you want when you walk in there.

On a positive note, other than the brush off, overall their staff was very nice.

So Motorcycle superstore is now called Cycleworld superstore??
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Yep. Unfortunately.

it doesn't look pretty but I dont' care cause their prices are lower then other stores, at least on the gear I was checking out

Andrew - Scarberia

They have just moved into that building and they are still unpacking ****!
    They do have a huge selection of stuff and cheap prices too!
    Give them a few more weeks!

For service : NEVER AGAIN..........even though I heard they changed wrenches

When I still had my 04,took it in for new rubber when they were on River,
    nice new rubber and a big *** SCRATCH on the right side fairing that was a BONUS,no charge for that baby ofc!

i just got back from there. got a passenger helmet and gloves for cheap. they are still unpacking and really busy with the new season so its a bit less tidy than others. but for the prices they have, i would rather they spend the time with the customers than stocking shelves. not sure about the parts side, but for gear and prices i give it x2.

k.

shonda_rider

I had my new tires put on 3 weeks ago at Cycle World Superstore...no problem - did the work while I waited - I was happy with the 20% discount from the list prices as well plus the tires I wanted were in stock - no ordering and waiting in my case.

Ordered new Alpinestars boots from them - the sales staff was great - spent time with me looking through catalogues and pointing out several options.

Lots of current 2008 ICON and Alpinestars jackets in stock so the lies about having old dirty inventory should be retracted.

The lie about them not being a dealer should also be retracted - they are a dealer - it's called being an INDEPENDENT dealership but a dealer none the less. They have 100% access to all the same Canadian powersport distributors that a franchised dealership does.

Ooops...almost forgot, drove by on Sunday when they we're closed and needed an oil filter, Trysh and Keith were unpacking more things but still opened the door to me - picked up my filter quick - no problems. And then they served other "drive by" customers as well. At other dealers...closed means closed...period.

I've been in the showroom in the back building a few times and it's 50000% better than the old crappy Cycle World so the lies about them not making the place better appearance wise are false.

When they worked on my bike, I noticed the service area (which was also gutted) was cleaned up and all their service bays are open.

Damn…just another bunch of whiners using the internet to post lies about GTA dealers. It seems that’s all this forum is about, a place where people be anonymous and post any lies they want.

Dealer A did XYZ to my bike – don’t go there.

Dealer B didn’t have the item I wanted in stock – don't go there.

Dealer C had a parts person that didn’t know anything about the obscure item I was asking about – don’t go there.

Dealer D had the nerve to charge me tax on an item I paid cash for – don’t go there.

I own and operate my own small business and moving locations (which I've done twice) is an absolute killer process with unforeseen challenges. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work it must have taken to make the move from River Street to Sheppard Ave. Will there be growing pains...sure. Will they piss off a customer here and there...yep...that'll happen as it would in ANY business. Will I still continue to spread my money around at a few places...sure...why not...it just makes sense. But what I won't do is post flat out lies about any GTA powersports dealer because, we all know, there's always two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Regards.

Jack.

Give em a break, they're setting up a new store from an old one "river street" and trying to hire new staff, week by week it's getting more organized.

On another note, drive around the GTA for a day and see how many bike shops are still open, not many........support your local shops.

To the person who said my review had lies in it, you are apparently oblivious on two accounts.

1. I did say they had new gear in the store which was pretty good but they also have a lot of what looked like old gear. (In many cases this gear was dirty as well)

2. When you did your little drive by you must not have noticed the piles and piles of gloves with no packaging, old looking helmets and a rack of one peice suits, many of which were dirty.

I did also say that I would give them another chance and go back and when I do I will write another review based on what I see.

I see no problem with them trying to get rid of their old stock, and I have no reason to lie, I just made an astute observation, you should try it sometime.

i have 500 bucks worh of cycle world money, are they out of business? or did they almagamate with motorcycle superstore?

Fonzy, I'm with you - the place is a dump! They've been in there since March, how much freaking time do you need to unpack your s***! The whole layout of the store doesn't make much sense either. The staff I talked to were not friendly at all (I'll spare you the details). Don't go there - it's worse than Cycle World.
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

i went there first weekend they opened, and i went there last week, nothing's changed. i went to look for boots and they didnt even offer to look through catalogue, they just said whatevers on the shelf is all they got. i only had positive experience with cycle world, but these guys are ruining their own business right now, when they have a chance to make a good name for themselves as they're new and all.

wont go there again, waste of time.

- kons
    99 Busa, 159rwhp/97rwtq, 10.1@142mph ( old time, with 153hp )

Jack, though I enjoy reading your posts I disagree with you on Superstore being a dealership. They do not sell new motorcycles directly from the manufacturers so Superstore cannot be called a motorcycle dealership by my definition.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40