Bmw Hp2 Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmw Hp2 Sport

Bmw Hp2 Sport

Ok ladies and gents I know I am being lazy here but are there any BMW enthusiasts out there that know if there are any dealers that have a BMW HP2 SPORT on display? I did speak to a BMW rep and got a little holeyer than now attitude that "no if your serious you just have to order one sight unseen" I didn't realize I was ordering a book! Customer Service is priority one for me, I give my customers the service I expect myself. Anyway I digress that put me off a little, even though I bought the KTM sight unseen, I'm not prepared to do that this time. My short list is the RC8, 1098 and HP2 Sport. I’d like to see the HP2 in person first before I dismiss it or seriously consider it. I am not liking the GSXR750 old school front end I feel they could have gone more dynamic for example with an offset single round light as per 24 hour endurance. Anyway I am not that up on BMWs so I thought I’d post this to see if it offered any value added.

Re: Bmw Hp2 Sport

I think Wolf BMW in London has one in stock, I was just there a few weeks ago and almost 100% sure I saw one, probably best to give them a call before heading down though. I have been very happy with them, great customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    I did speak to a BMW rep and got a little holeyer than now attitude that "no if your serious you just have to order one sight unseen" I didn't realize I was ordering a book!
    Only 300 coming to North America this year. They can afford to be dix... (not really, but they'll think so).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    Only 300 coming to North America this year. They can afford to be dix... (not really, but they'll think so).
    Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I think Wolf BMW in London has one in stock, I was just there a few weeks ago and almost 100% sure I saw one, probably best to give them a call before heading down though. I have been very happy with them, great customer service!
    Thank you kindly I will give them a shout.

Calling might get a better response, but whatever works I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post

what happened to all that great customer service???
    I guess i will continue to be a dix right back. When I was in my last year of University for Engineering I went to a car show with a few of my friends, there were a couple of older gentlemen sitting in BMW M3 and my friends and I were hanging around the car and would of sat in it but when the gentlemen were done the BMW rep locked the doors and walked away knowing we were next. A few degrees and jobs later (one teaches at Oxford, another teaches at a Candian university) we won't be buying any BMW's .

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I guess i will continue to be a dix right back. When I was in my last year of University for Engineering I went to a car show with a few of my friends, there were a couple of older gentlemen sitting in BMW M3 and my friends and I were hanging around the car and would of sat in it but when the gentlemen were done the BMW rep locked the doors and walked away knowing we were next. A few degrees and jobs later (one teaches at Oxford, another teaches at a Candian university) we won't be buying any BMW's .
    If what happened to you was consistent with all BMW dealers then I would not buy, but I would not judge them all based on one person. Of all the bike dealers I have been in (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha) I have found BMW and Harley to be the best, very friend sales reps, who seem to love just talking about riding and not just making a sale. Maybe the car dealers are different I dont know, but again would not judge BMW based on one person.

If what happened to you was consistent with all BMW dealers then I would not buy, but I would not judge them all based on one person. Of all the bike dealers I have been in (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha) I have found BMW and Harley to be the best, very friend sales reps, who seem to love just talking about riding and not just making a sale. Maybe the car dealers are different I dont know, but again would not judge BMW based on one person.
    well one of the above posters said they can afford to be dix, so its not just me or one dealer. I went to a car dealer one more time with the wife many years later and she couldn't believe the attitide......that's enough for me.

If I found it that way and it was repeated I would be gone as well. Plenty of other cars/bikes out there to buy.

That's what give them a shout means . I will call them

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I wouldn't let an isolated incident stop me from buying what I want... but I wholeheartedly agree that good customer service is very important. I would love to have a BMW car someday, (problem is that I spend all my $$$ on this motorcycle hobby!).

Speaking about customer service, I've been loyal to a certain dealership for years simply because of the great staff they employ, (Snow City: Roger & Sandy). If there was ever a problem with an order, (-an extremely rare occurrence), they never made me feel like it was my fault and did their best to fix the problem, ( --it's so refreshing to deal with professional people in a city that in many ways has "gone to the rats," IMO) I've seen some pretty rude customers in my travels, too, so kudos to anyone in the business--it doesn't look easy...

Personally, I don't like the front styling of the HP2--other than that it looks like a neat bike. The RC8 looks tasty too, but if I were in the market for a sporting twin, it would have to be the 1098S. Ducati is on a roll...

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    That's what give them a shout means . I will call them
    guess I forgot to click the sarcastic tone button

I agree.

Reminds me of when I visited Rev Cycles a few months back, (they had Lambos of the ground floor!). Very friendly sales staff that just liked to talk about bikes. Nice experience, (and nice bikes...especially the 848 in white).

Open Road in Newmarket has a formal launch of the HP2 Sport and their new 450 machine at the end of this month. April 28th seems to stick in my head for some reason. Call them and ask for either Paul Nixon or Mike Rocco for details. It might not be open to the public. I got an email saying if I was interested to RSVP them.

Are you really "English J?"

My take is we live in a world were customer service makes the difference. I'm with some others on here I will look at alternative brands if I don't like the attitude of the sales staff or I don't receive the service I would like, although i always give people the opportunity to redeem themselves.

I am not a brand snob. Hence I always buy VW cars, not because they are particular good cars but because my dealer is so damn nice and treats me so well I will continue to give him my business because he deserves it. I am very loyal like that. Unfortunately in the bike industry I haven't found that yet so I don't feel a sense of loyalty although KTM are on their way. Ducati are improving I believe. Triumph now have more exposure and BMW I am not sure about so at least the choices for me are expanding.

It's hard to find a bike the stimulates the senses, is unique, has the performance, is reliable and is backed up with great service. Those for me are key... Now back to the HP2

Quote Originally Posted by spawnx66 View Post
    Open Road in Newmarket has a formal launch of the HP2 Sport and their new 450 machine at the end of this month. April 28th seems to stick in my head for some reason. Call them and ask for either Paul Nixon or Mike Rocco for details. It might not be open to the public. I got an email saying if I was interested to RSVP them.
    Thanks for the info.

GP bikes is having a Triumph demo next week, too, (I'm going to ride a Daytona 675).

Quote Originally Posted by spawnx66 View Post

Great news thank you. Will ring them.

Conversely, bad customer service

In my experience, the worst customer service I've ever had came from the dealership where I bought my Yamaha, (Sommerset Yamaha). I believe they don't sell motorcycles anymore. It was a shoddy operation, to say the least, from sales to after-sales service, (--but I was dying for a silver FZ1 and they had one on the floor).

Then my FZ's motor had problems, (after warranty), and Yamaha wouldn't help me out, either, (needless to say, I will never buy another Yamaha again).
    You can't win them all....

I've got no problem with people that are passionate about their motorcycles. But I dislike the outright "brand-bashers." I'll never forget that "Why buy a Honda?" thread. Such outright hatemongering.

As far as Japanese bike makers go, I'm a firm Honda fan, (having owned two of them in the past), but I had three Kawasakis and loved them, too. I had a Katana 600 in '88--which was fun.