Will my bike pass safety?

Thread: Will my bike pass safety?

Will my bike pass safety?

Hey, I have a 2006 R6 with only 2000km, all stock except for an undertail kit. Ive been itching to ride now for a while, but am still in need of safety certification and am worried that the undertail will result in a fail , ie. needing to revert the bike back to stock and then redo-ing the undertail afterwards if wanted. Anybody have some insight on this, or know of anyone good I could go to preferably close to the Newmarket area? Thanks, all help appreciated, I just can't take not riding for much longer!

Also, Ill try to get a pic of the undertail job later on... thanks again.

Re: Will my bike pass safety?

you will pass... as long as the brake light, and the signals all work and are visible you will have no problem passing a safety

Just be careful who you take it to for a safety, some shops are more lenient, others are quite anal. It helps to know people.

My F4 failed a safety at Rider's Choice because they felt the brake light was not bright enough (aftermarket undertail with LED's)... they told me to take it elsewhere and didn't even charge me a cent. I respect their integrity though, great guys and a quality shop.

Does it have a license plate light?
    If it does, and the tail lights are bright enough, and everything else is in good working order, you'll be fine.