Over-Priced 10W40 Oil At Kahuna Kawasaki - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over-Priced 10W40 Oil At Kahuna Kawasaki

Re: Over-Priced 10W40 Oil At Kahuna Kawasaki

-
    You guys have sold me out, I'll give that Motul oil a try even though I changed my bike's oil just last week, I guess I will empty the new oil and swap it for Motul.

I'll come to this thread to report changes, if any take place that is. My bike's gears are rough and sometimes they get stuck in 2nd, can it be because I'm using normal 10W40 car oil from Wal-Mart?

Try the XD-3 first. It felt smoother than the Motul semi and even Rotella 5w40. I'll probably switch over to it once I run through all of the Rotella I stockpiled. It's made of Type IV base stock, so that's as good as they get.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

i remember a oil called produ-max which was really silcoline which was really really castrol...
    buy a case of castrol (12L) for 31.00
    buy a 6L silcoline 35.00
    buy a 4L produ-max for 45.00
    get it

What about Amsoil? I know we're discussing the best bang for the buck here, but is Amsoil not considered the best motorcycle oil (andmost expensive) ?
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

Motul 300v is pretty much the best stuff you're going to get.

Amsoil study of motorcycle oils Oct 2005

http://www.oildepot.ca/complete-prod...hite-paper.pdf

I don't pretend to understand it. Naturally Amsoil came first; Motul was 2nd.

Found it by accident while trying to find online sellers for oil, filter and crush washer all online e.g.

http://www.oildepot.ca/complete-prod...-line/mcf.html
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Motul 300v is pretty much the best stuff you're going to get.
    You got cheap ***** complaing about $25 oil changes, and here you go reccommending $50 oil....Good luck with that..LOL

PS RC has this oil marked down pretty good, back in the day I used to pay about $80 for 4L of the Factory Line 300V....

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    i remember a oil called produ-max which was really silcoline which was really really castrol...
    buy a case of castrol (12L) for 31.00
    buy a 6L silcoline 35.00
    buy a 4L produ-max for 45.00
    get it

Silkolene has never re-branded Castrol oil.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I am simply making the point that there are some things that need attention when you are taking this route.
    i hear ya.

Quote Originally Posted by thislilfishy View Post
    ...and the motul full synth makes me crave banana's!

Oh, and I noticed a substantial improvement with shifts, and a quieter valve train immediately after switching from dino out to the motul. So there must be something to it.

Sure you're bike will run fine with regular cheap oil...but some people want every little improvement they can get. I also noticed the oil seemed to froth less...when guys like me are spending a lot of time near the rev limit, they like to make sure that EVERYTHING is top notch..not just good enough.

Ian
    in some cases there are benefits to using synthetic oils.

personally, if my bike was a track bike, then thats all i'd use due to the extremes that you put the bike through.

[QUOTE=JohnnyP636;568902]You got cheap ***** complaing about $25 oil changes, and here you go reccommending $50 oil....Good luck with that..LOL

Good one !!!
    Ride Safe
    Hammersfan

Now here comes the next question...... where to get Motul oil for cheap???

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Motul is worth the money, it's a real esther-synth, it felt like I had a tranny overhaul switching from Yamalube to Motul it shifts that nice in my wet clutch bike, and $25 is the going rate so don't blast a dealer selling it for the same price as everyone else (th'd title edit?).

The full synthetic ester motul is $25 ?????

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post

do you really think that the extra detergent in teh "high mileage" oils really makes that much of a difference?? the fact is, bmw says that their cars only need an oil change once a year or 40 000 km's with their oil. if their oils can do that ( obviously they're using something like mobil 1 synthetic) then why couldn't bikes run on the same oil for 5000 km's before the oil change.

our bikes have internal combustion engines that are much like the ones in cars and work on the exact same principles. There isn't some nuclear fusion reactor in there that you need to keep lubricated, and there isn't some special material in that engine that car manufacturers don't already use in their engines. the only concern that you should have is regular intervals of oil changes and using an oil without moly. thats pretty much it.

is.
    The car transmission isn't lubed by the engine oil.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I do believe thats the price for the semi-synth. I believe the full synth is more than double that price.

I only run full synth in my bike so I usually go with either mobil 1 or Amsoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    I do believe thats the price for the semi-synth. I believe the full synth is more than double that price.
    I paid $35 + tax at gp the other day for 2 L, Thankfully My bike only takes 2 L. But I noticed a huge diffrence, it revs better, Shifts smoother, and I feel more comfertable riding up at redline ( I need to, Little bike, Like to beat on her). I did trip out though, I didnt realise it was green, and thought I had a major coolent leak.
    Also, comes with a nifty pour spout.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Nah the 5100.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    -
    A jug containing 4 litres of oil costs $24.99 at Kahuna Kawasaki.

Can anyone tell me why I would buy that (at $6.24/litre) when I can go buy oil at Wal-Mart for $2.50/litre or even thief-operated, over-priced Petro-Canada for $5.50/litre?
    what about 20W40?
    Last edited by ajaxguy; 04-25-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenfiddy View Post
    Now here comes the next question...... where to get Motul oil for cheap???
    Riders Choice has best price on Motul in the GTA that I have seen so far...

I dont know about leaving any oil in a shared sump motor for over 4k, with the oil being chewed up by the trans and timing chain I worry about it shearing down too much, thats why I change at 1500.
    "whatever the cost may be...."