Forks Detour

Thread: Forks Detour

Forks Detour

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI as I saw lots of bikes out this weekend, forks of the credit is open however you CAN NOT access it up mississauga Rd, i live in belfountain off mississauga rd and can verify this isn't one of those signs where local traffic means everyone (there is a road block simillar to forks last yr). Best bet is to take winston churchill up to bush street make a right and go into belfountain/forks that way or Hwy 10 to forks directly. You will see a road closed sign at old base line and mississauga so go left / right there, you can go to the next sign at grange sideroad and mississauga but that road is half dirt and bumpy as Fk, thats as far as you will be able to go unless you feel like turning around. Have a great yr out there, i miss my baby so much but got a fishing boat instead now!

Lata!
    KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE EH!!!

Re: Forks Detour

PS - this is supposed to be finished by June 2008, but i seriously doubt this they have a lot of work going on, i will keep ya posted.

Man whats this year #2 for this construction? So as of this past w/e its still not open all the way thru to Belfountain? And the store with bike parking in Belfountain is closed as well? Sux

Great ride in that area. Next sunny Saturday I will do that.

Greg

Milton Ontario

2012 ZX14R
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

no the forks of the credit is OPEN thru to belfountain and the store / lot is OPEN also... i was just saying a lot of people head up that way along mississauga rd and may see the road closed signs and go home or think they can just ride through anyway only to find a road block right before the store and have to turn around. Just trying to save some time / frustration ats all since i have to deal with it everyday going home from work!

Have fun!

Oh ok thx cowby
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR COWBOY View Post
    no the forks of the credit is OPEN thru to belfountain and the store / lot is OPEN also... i was just saying a lot of people head up that way along mississauga rd and may see the road closed signs and go home or think they can just ride through anyway only to find a road block right before the store and have to turn around. Just trying to save some time / frustration ats all since i have to deal with it everyday going home from work!

Have fun!

MarcF650R

Yesterday (Monday April 21), the Belfountain Store was closed. Decided to hang out at the Shed and grabbed an overpriced hot chocolate and my gf had an overpriced moccha. They were good, but way to small for the price you paid. Then we headed over to Hackley Valley and had lunch there....

Winston Churchill is bumpy and has some craters to deal with. Wonder if it will get a big facelift too because it needs it

I was there yesterday evening riding.
    If your gonna do stupid stuff you better be tough

Thumbs up Re: Forks Detour

We rode out there last night and the Forks road was open from #10 through to Bellfountain. It's Mississauga Rd that closed south of Bellfountain. It's nice to have it open again.

Ya, I didnt believe the road closed sign either. After all, I ride a dual sport, this is the kind of challenge I live for Had to turn around under the glaring stare of a local. What? Never seen a bike before? Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Ya, I didnt believe the road closed sign either. After all, I ride a dual sport, this is the kind of challenge I live for Had to turn around under the glaring stare of a local. What? Never seen a bike before? Dick!

I did the same thing on my dual sport, but instead of following the detour signs, there are a few dirt roads that are also "closed" in that area that are tons of pot holes and mud just watch for people on horses and stop, kill the engine and let them past.

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    I did the same thing on my dual sport, but instead of following the detour signs, there are a few dirt roads that are also "closed" in that area that are tons of pot holes and mud just watch for people on horses and stop, kill the engine and let them past.

for sure i dont mind being considerate to the horsey crowd or hikers when mountain biking....i'm not that big of a jagoff!

Hey,

The map isn't helping me out much here.

So can I go:

1. up winston churchill
    2. turn right at old base line
    3. drive till hurontario
    4. turn left onto hurontario
    5. drive north till the forks

Is there access this way? I've never been there. Thinking of going there during the week day to avoid traffic.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Don't worry about it, the road is now open.

Yes it is, to my surprise the road is now open all the way through! Have fun guys!

Really? Finally? About time!!!!! Whats the hairpin like ? Is it still there?
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR COWBOY View Post
    Yes it is, to my surprise the road is now open all the way through! Have fun guys!

Nope, it's gone.
    It's now a nice straight line to the bottom.

Just kiddin'!
    That section has been open since last fall. We're talking about the Mississauga Road closure south of the village.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Really? Finally? About time!!!!! Whats the hairpin like ? Is it still there?

Ya had me there for a minute. Nice ride BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald94 View Post
    Nope, it's gone.
    It's now a nice straight line to the bottom.

Just kiddin'!
    That section has been open since last fall. We're talking about the Mississauga Road closure south of the village.

I was at the forks this wknd, its not bad but wayyy too many cagers coming over the center lines! beware!

If you are from Toronto you are still better going an extra hour up north and get some nice twisties with less traffic
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

I'm just going to go on a weekday. Early afternoon or something like that.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!