Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203 - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203

Re: Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203

Quote Originally Posted by ManoWar View Post
    Sadly i dont think he was really that guilty. The people that sent him in there are!
    sure to a point..but dean deside to pull the trigger on a unarmed man at over 30 feet away..and shot him 2 more times when he was down.
    then lyed about it to cover his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    It's worse than that...
    They can charge you for "Stunting" even if he/she only though you were lanesplitting, or anything else for that matter.
    Does this include city streets? Or if you drive a small car and decide to squeeze in and turn right at a light?

P.S: This "stunt law" is the stupidest thing around, now NO BIKER has the incentive to stop so his bike can be impounded and his licence suspended simply because he squeezed in the same line as a car, this will only encourage me (or any other biker) to take off and lose the cop. Nice going Einsteins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    Does this include city streets? Or if you drive a small car and decide to squeeze in and turn right at a light?

P.S: This "stunt law" is the stupidest thing around, now NO BIKER has the incentive to stop so his bike can be impounded and his licence suspended simply because he squeezed in the same line as a car, this will only encourage me (or any other biker) to take off and lose the cop. Nice going Einsteins.

Tell me about it..

I've heard stories (unsubstantiated), that you can be impounded/suspended based solely on a third party phone call, if the caller has your license plate number, even if the cop doesn't personally witness the "offence"...

I haven't botherd to search if it's a true story, cause I pray that it's just a rumor.... please let it NOT be true.

There are a lot of "expert" witness's out there. I've been "lectured" about speeding on my own street while I was doing under 40, in a 50 zone. The "expert neighboor" of mine has the ability to associate 1st gear sounds with dangerously high rates of speed, even though I actually go 10 under the limit on my street!

She ran out into the street, and I stop 15 - 20 feet in front of her (clearly I am at a safe speed), and she proceeds to yell at me about "the children"... the IRONY here is that she was swearing at me..... (yes there were tons of kids around listening to her verbal smut). I kindly pointed out how irrational she was being, and requested calmly that she not swear in front of the children as they will mimic her, and that my riding 10 under the limit was a perfectly safe practice..

There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.
    That was one unhappy woman I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Or "improper driving where the road is divided into lanes" - 3 points.
    I agree it seems like the cops are upgrading minor tickets into 203 charges as long as it involves a bike or some kind of performance car it's just as figured they have their loop hole now their using it to abuse the public

Tell me about it..

I've heard stories (unsubstantiated), that you can be impounded/suspended based solely on a third party phone call, if the caller has your license plate number, even if the cop doesn't personally witness the "offence"...
    I'd be interesting to know that if charged this way and the charges were dropped could you sue the "caller" for damages. Because even if the charges are dropped your still screwed for the impound and towing fee's.

Quote Originally Posted by woobie View Post
    I'd be interesting to know that if charged this way and the charges were dropped could you sue the "caller" for damages. Because even if the charges are dropped your still screwed for the impound and towing fee's.
    I wonder this as well.
    But would they tell you the details of the caller? or is the calkler protected somehow? Like an anonymous caller.

I wonder this as well.
    But would they tell you the details of the caller? or is the calkler protected somehow? Like an anonymous caller.
    I would think they would have to. In court, you are allowed to cross examine those that are charging you and their witnesses.

You can't be convicted of something based on a third-party report, without that third-party being present at trial. No witness = no evidence of wrong-doing.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by woobie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    You can't be convicted of something based on a third-party report, without that third-party being present at trial. No witness = no evidence of wrong-doing.

So what if.....

What if you are charged based on a third party caller, the evidence is extremely week at best, and doesn't really even make it to trial. Charge gets reduced or even dropped prior to trial.

Then I suppose you are just a victim, with no re-course?

So what if.....

What if you are charged based on a third party caller, the evidence is extremely week at best, and doesn't really even make it to trial. Charge gets reduced or even dropped prior to trial.

Then I suppose you are just a victim, with no re-course?
    Based on the way that 203 is written, you're screwed with sand in the lube.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I've been "lectured" about speeding on my own street while I was doing under 40, in a 50 zone. The "expert neighboor" of mine has the ability to associate 1st gear sounds with dangerously high rates of speed, even though I actually go 10 under the limit on my street!
    haha i've had that happen before a couple times. just impressing little kids by revving my 250 to show off its lawnmower-like power and their mommy runs out screaming bloody murder.

more on topic, +1 for bill 203 sucking. i don't have any experience with court, having paid my first and last ticket like a sucker. good luck with your court date.

i was perusing the 203 bill and turning right in front of oncoming traffic is listed as one of the "stunts." does that include a couple too many cars squeezing through an orange advanced left-turn signal? cuz then pretty much everyone is guilty...

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    i was perusing the 203 bill and turning right in front of oncoming traffic is listed as one of the "stunts." does that include a couple too many cars squeezing through an orange advanced left-turn signal? cuz then pretty much everyone is guilty...

Based on the wording in this bill along with the concept of officer discretion, everybody who drives has already been guilty of some infraction under this law.

For example, if you outpace a car, which would mean you simply accelerated more than the car beside you at a stop light.

Or how about spinning your tires this winter in one of the many snow storms,

etc.etc etc.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_21667.aspx

wonder if this cop was street racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post

Dunno. Did he INTEND to lose traction?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post

I heard this on 680 news this AM on my way into work...

They said
    " It's unclear if he was responding to a call or not "

How could this info not be available.

R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I was out riding today in London and @ 2:07pm was lane split by a LTC(London City Transit Bus)# 428 on Horton ave. heading west so are the cops looking for these aces or just us bikers!!!! our rights are being stepped on!!!!!!!!!!

And with the cop and his Charger was he reponding to a call or just careless driving? excessive speed on a on/off ramp(bill:203)stunt driving?

Quote Originally Posted by baked View Post
    I was out riding today in London and @ 2:07pm was lane split by a LTC(London City Transit Bus)# 428 on Horton ave. heading west so are the cops looking for these aces or just us bikers!!!! our rights are being stepped on!!!!!!!!!!
    Place a formal complaint. Seriously.

just lurking a local import car site and saw this thread

anyone have any contacts at Centennial????.......would like to validate this and find our more.....apologies for the young dude's lack of info

http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/s...ead.php?t=4285

The fight against the man

Well yesterday at centennial college my teacher told me that he will be going to court to try and do something about the new stunt driving law. Remember this info is from the top of my head I don’t remember everything he said. Well what he said was there is a law that tells you how much you would be fined for going over say 10 over the speed limit, going 50 over would cost you 9$ and something cents. But how can this original law exist when the new law saying you will have your car impounded and your licence suspended at the same time. As well he said that traffic laws like speeding can’t be fought but if your freedom is at stake you can take it for a court and fight it. He said that he will be going to court in august this year to try and do something about this stupid law. Again this is just off the top of my head I don’t remember everything he told me. Thought you guys might like to know. His name is Mr. Brown