Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203 - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203

Re: Who has beat or fought HTA 172(1) Bill 203

Yeah, I agree. It's a stupid application of the clause, but fits closest to the charge description that he was given. Someone mentioned it in one of the previous threads on this topic that this really should have been a "Failing to share the road - 2 points" ticket.
    WeeStrom!

But I don't think that would apply either. That's for someone hogging the left lane. He was doing the opposite. He was sharing the road with EVERYONE.

Like I said before... there really is NOTHING that says you can't specifically lane split.

I really hope the JP frowns heavily on the cop. I wonder if the crown will even try to carry this thing through. If they do and it backfires on them, I say you sue them and the officer... and get back your impound fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    But I don't think that would apply either. That's for someone hogging the left lane. He was doing the opposite. He was sharing the road with EVERYONE.

Like I said before... there really is NOTHING that says you can't specifically lane split.

I really hope the JP frowns heavily on the cop. I wonder if the crown will even try to carry this thing through. If they do and it backfires on them, I say you sue them and the officer... and get back your impound fees.

Agreed, at least look into filing a lawsuit. Look for a lawyer or civil liberties organization which might take this case on free of charge. You might not get any money out of it but it can set a precedent!

also, if you're acquitted talk to your MPP (if he's opposition it'll help out more!)
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It's a stupid application of the clause, but fits closest to the charge description that he was given. Someone mentioned it in one of the previous threads on this topic that this really should have been a "Failing to share the road - 2 points" ticket.
    Or "improper driving where the road is divided into lanes" - 3 points.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Or "improper driving where the road is divided into lanes" - 3 points.
    In the end no one was injured and in the worst case scenerio nothing but a minor accident would have happened. Does the punishment justify the severity of the offense is a question every court case should be scrutinized under. The answer in this case is clearly NO and I hope justice is done by recognizing that fact.

My legal rep pointed out the same thing, saying I wasn't intentionally traveling as close as possible, and I wasn't traveling at high speed.

I spoke to him about sue'ing and such, and he said he wouldn't take on the charge pro bono, he asked me how much money I had so he can see how far we could take it, regardless of a conviction or not, he thinks we can make this whole case public. Sounds like a hassle, but if it's for the good of riders and to teach the government a key lesson, taht the general public is stronger and larger than those that make the laws that govern them, I will take them to war. Unfortunately I can't afford it. Maybe we can pitch in all as a community and make a case.

Just a thought. I appreciate all your help gentlemen, wish there was a way I could show you all, but a thank you will have to do for now.

Rob, are you and or have you been a lawyer/paralegal in the past or present? Or is it just self representation over the years.

That MacLennan guy must be a cop... or a lawyer... or a motorcyle journalist.... Sorry Rob, could not resist...

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post

Rob, are you and or have you been a lawyer/paralegal in the past or present? Or is it just self representation over the years.
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

G4, if the facts of your case as presented in court make it worthwhile, you will have my support. BUT ... First things first ... get through the court case you have in front of you right now. Don't make any of the facts public until they become part of the public record, so let's leave the discussion about lawsuits until later.

Sounds like a plan, I'll let the issue rest for now. I'll repost a new topic after my court date.

Again, thanks to all.

GO RIDE! ITS 10 DEGREES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    G4, if the facts of your case as presented in court make it worthwhile, you will have my support. BUT ... First things first ... get through the court case you have in front of you right now. Don't make any of the facts public until they become part of the public record, so let's leave the discussion about lawsuits until later.

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    That MacLennan guy must be a cop... or a lawyer... or a motorcyle journalist.... Sorry Rob, could not resist...
    You forgot professor. I work at a university, so I MUST be one, right?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    ditto......

I am guessing no one here has enough money to sue the government with regards to this.

I don't think you would find a lawyer that would take it on with no guaranteed pay. And the gov't lawyers would tie it up in court so long, you would go bankrupt trying to keep up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    I am guessing no one here has enough money to sue the government with regards to this.

I don't think you would find a lawyer that would take it on with no guaranteed pay. And the gov't lawyers would tie it up in court so long, you would go bankrupt trying to keep up with it.
    Those conditions are usually what causes the creation of a class action suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post

I was just reading a book on Dudley George (ipperwash) and it was amazing the way the gov't mocked his family for 12 years! First they didn't give him any disclosure, and after 4 years and repeated pleas by the judges they finally made disclosure 122,000 documents and gave them 5 months to read thru all of it! That with only 2 lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post
    I spoke to him about sue'ing and such, and he said he wouldn't take on the charge pro bono, he asked me how much money I had so he can see how far we could take it, regardless of a conviction or not, he thinks we can make this whole case public. Sounds like a hassle, but if it's for the good of riders and to teach the government a key lesson, taht the general public is stronger and larger than those that make the laws that govern them, I will take them to war. Unfortunately I can't afford it. Maybe we can pitch in all as a community and make a case.
    don’t worry about the money. If you win at court we can hold a ride to strike 203 even of some sort. And I don’t just mean bikes, I mean car enthusiasts too.... after the whole skyline event im sure a whole bunch will be more than willing to participate a protest / money pooling event.fficeffice" />>>
    >>
    Keep us updated. >>
    >>

Quote Originally Posted by weldingglover View Post
    I'm under the 172 act to, still going to court your impound fee was large compared to mine, around 400 bucks mine was 7 1/2 days,
    i'm just mad that the impound fee's are non refundable , this is a joke thats all i got to say.
    and people wonder why i run....ran 3 times on the weekend and guess what ...no impound fees
    don't know what they wanted in the first place but then who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ManoWar View Post
    I was just reading a book on Dudley George (ipperwash) and it was amazing the way the gov't mocked his family for 12 years! First they didn't give him any disclosure, and after 4 years and repeated pleas by the judges they finally made disclosure 122,000 documents and gave them 5 months to read thru all of it! That with only 2 lawyers.
    yes but the moral of the story is karma a ***** and now kenneth dean is now a good cop
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 04-11-2008 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    yes but the moral of the story is karma a ***** and now kenneth dean is now a good cop
    Sadly i dont think he was really that guilty. The people that sent him in there are!
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 04-11-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    and people wonder why i run....ran 3 times on the weekend and guess what ...no impound fees
    don't know what they wanted in the first place but then who cares.
    I wouldn't had stuck around either.

So you guys are telling me that any sherrywood cop can charge you with "stunting" for simple lane-splitting? C'mon, enough with this fascist province.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    I wouldn't had stuck around either.

So you guys are telling me that any sherrywood cop can charge you with "stunting" for simple lane-splitting? C'mon, enough with this fascist province.

It's worse than that...
    They can charge you for "Stunting" even if he/she only though you were lanesplitting, or anything else for that matter.