2008 Icon Airframe

Thread: 2008 Icon Airframe

2008 Icon Airframe

ok so i posted a while ago to ask if anyone had this helmet.. and no1 did

i bought it anyways so i'll share my review.

First off, i was hoping for some stellar venting. lol the helmet does not have stellar venting in my opinion. having said that, i have never experienced any kind of venting on the 2 helmets i own. i own a shark s800 and this one. maybe its my hair or the way i'm wearing it, but i can never feel any wind in my hair, vents open or closed. maybe i'll figure it out some day, but in my opinion i dont feel any air flow

comfort-wise i like it. its very comfortable and fits nicely to an oval head. The chin strap could use some extra cushioning but nothing to cry over.

the stock visor is great, didnt fog up once when i rode it today and it was only around 10 degrees. that was pretty neat, probably a bonus that its brand new but still, no fog.

i also bought their rst blue mirrored proshield. This thing looks sick, i love it so much . the visor system really snaps in confidently, which is a huge thing (especially compared to that crappy shark system). You lock it in and don't have to worry about it. The graphic sideplates lock in really firmly too, so those are no issue for concern. Great visor system.

the blue visor does fog really easily though. Today was exceptional, though, being colder than summer temperatures and with no sun. Basically, im sure the visor will do fine in summer temperatures, which is what it was made for, but watch out for fog when the degrees get lower.

all in all, i like the helmet, feels great, looks sick, nothing too fancy though, worth the money in my opinion. i picked it up for about 270 before taxes (thanks to snow city 20% off), so that made it that much more attractive.

my (limited expertise) opinion: go pick one up

Re: 2008 Icon Airframe

OH one more thing. The "wind splitter" they have is sweet. not sure how other helmets are, but on my shark when i opened the visor just a crack (for anti-fogging), the air would hit me RIGHT in the eyes. on this one, i feel absolutely no wind on the eyes, and it defogs the shield magically. it'll also help you on those days when you ride with it 1 crack open cause traffic is slow. no more super blast of air in the eyes.

one of the most useful things imo.

Re: 2008 Icon Airframe

I had a mainframe before upgrading to a Shark. Icon makes decent helmets for affordable pricing. you won't get stellar venting like in Arai or Shark, but they are pretty light.

my only issue with it is how they use clips and buttons to hold the helmet liner in with the shell. after a while i found that it would constantly come off when i removed the helmet. unless they went back to velcro with the airframe, but if they didn't.... don't de-clip the padding/liner or remove it unless absolutely necessary.