Motorcircle.. thumbs down! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcircle.. thumbs down!

Re: Motorcircle.. thumbs down!

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    I'm not sure but it's not even a real dealership.. it's like a plaza and it's one of the units with all the bikes lined up inside beside some furnace store.
    ok that's def. not what i was thinking of then, the kawi dealership that used to be up there, was pretty decent size but in a plaza ... showroom was about the size of the old cww showroom

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

Hey,

Wish I saw this thread before I bought my bike there... the price was decent but everything that came with the bike was way more trouble than it was worth!!! Having personally dealt with Vital, I can honestly say is be very cautious when dealing with him. He sold me my bike saying that it was in great condition and had absolutely nothing wrong with it and that the only thing that needed to be done was the carbs needed to be cleaned. I said I would take care of it myself. Only problem was that when I took it to get the carbs cleaned, it turned out that I had to get all the needle valves on the carburetors replaced! I called Vital right away, he said that it's a small job and he would split the cost of the parts and labor with me. That's when the **** storm started! I told him that I agreed to get the carbs cleaned and if I had know that I had to get new parts I would have never bought it. He danced around it for about three weeks until finally he gave in and order the parts and paid for them. The best part about the whole situation is that considering that I bought the bike and I had the issue with it whenever Vital had to discuss anything with regards to it he would call my boyfriend. I thought that was pretty rude too!!! He installed the parts himself and said that the carbs needed to be balanced and that he couldn't do it because he didn't have the tools. The funniest thing about the situation is that he didn’t even know how to install the damn things! My boyfriend had to print out the instructions of the internet for him. In reality I don’t think he knew what he was talking about! My bf a look at it and said that everything seems to be okay now. I took the bike out yesterday and it was running great. I wouldn’t recommend buying anything from there or having any dealings with Motorcircle whatsoever. I realize my opinion may be tainted because of the type of service I received or therefore lack of. I’m sure some people have had good experiences there and have no complaints. I just want to voice my opinion about this particular incident! But I believe that if your gonna run a business you should at least know what your talking about! He clearly does not! Now that everything is over and done with I can honestly say that I am never going back to Motorcircle ever again!!!!!
    YZFoxxy
    keep your heels, head, and standards high

Sorry to hear that Anna, but just by talking to him you get the vibe of those stereotypical used car sales men that don't care about the product they sell.

I'm sure you and I aren't the only one with problems with the place and reviews/input like these will help others to stay away.. even if the deal is good because customer service goes a long way.

I especially love the sales guys that stop and talk to you like a human being and the conversations last a good 15 minutes.
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

I'm not all that upswept it happened I learned my lesson and at least my bike is running well now! I just wish people weren't such snakes!

Like I said earlier I don't wanna bash the guy... I just don't think its right to treat people like that!!! Maybe that's why he had to change the name of his shop and move... lol!

Oh well... you live and you learn!

Are you still looking for a YZF 600? I think my boyfriend might be selling his... if you’re interested.
    YZFoxxy

Vital is an A$$hat, all his bikes come from the states. I have to say tho..he sure knows how to pollish a turd.

Thumbs up Re: Motorcircle.. thumbs down!

Every used motorcycle dealer out there knows how to polish a turd!!!LOL It's nothing new, and it's how they all make their living and it's just part of the business. Usually when you buy from a dealer, you are buying with a bit more confidence that the bike won't blow up on you as you ride off down the block. Most bikes are sold through dealerships Certified and ready to ride, unlike "as-is" deals from local sellers that require a little bit of work or maybe a lot of work (who knows)!

Motorcircle is a small used bike dealership that just had it's 1 year anniversary and is slowly growing. They cater to mostly the Japanese cruiser crowd, but also have a few sport bikes and the occasional dirt bike and quad! The owner has some gear and accessories available, but is waiting on a shipment of more Icon, HJC, etc... to be delivered in the next few weeks as I am told.

The riding season is only now just getting started and prior to this, Motorcircle didn't have a resident mechanic to serve the needs of customer's bikes. This would explain why some got upset at the lack of service from their recently purchased bikes. However; Motorcircle now has a resident mechanic who is able to service all their sales bikes as well as any and all customer bikes. They are equipped to handle all general servicing such as, tune-ups, oil changes, tire changes, brake jobs, chain/ sprocket changes, etc......
    They are not a specialized engine re-builder/ tuner/performance shop, but can handle the majority of customer's needs for both Japanese cruisers and sport bikes alike.

Their shop labour rates are comparable with other local bike shops. If you prefer to deal with smaller shops like Motorcircle, then you'll enjoy the personal attention to detail that most of the larger dealers seem to over look when servicing your bike. It seems that with most large dealerships gone these days, that the smaller bike dealers are moving in on handling all of the customers wants and needs with a personal touch. Looks to me like the smaller motorcycle dealerships are here to serve the public and are here to stay.

Just my $0.02 worth....... but don't listen to me! Decide for yourself by dropping on this place and seeing what they have to offer for you.

Cheers.........

Quote Originally Posted by sklein25 View Post
    Their shop labour rates are comparable with other local bike shops. If you prefer to deal with smaller shops like Motorcircle, then you'll enjoy the personal attention to detail that most of the larger dealers seem to over look when servicing your bike. It seems that with most large dealerships gone these days, that the smaller bike dealers are moving in on handling all of the customers wants and needs with a personal touch. Looks to me like the smaller motorcycle dealerships are here to serve the public and are here to stay.
    Did you even read the thread?

Vital, Vlad, whatever the hell his name, has no customer service skills. He completely lacks tact. The whole point of my review was to warn people to AVOID purchasing from him.

You sound like a relative, but I'm not the only one that's had a terrible experience there. Why would anyone want to take their bike there when they don't even pay attention to their customers?

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Did you even read the thread?

Vital, Vlad, whatever the hell his name, has no customer service skills. He completely lacks tact. The whole point of my review was to warn people to AVOID purchasing from him.

You sound like a relative, but I'm not the only one that's had a terrible experience there. Why would anyone want to take their bike there when they don't even pay attention to their customers?
    Your allowed to have your opinion. Thanks

I walked into Motorcircle five minutes after you walked out and Vital said you were obnoxious, over opinionated and argumentative. He said you were the worst customer he ever had and wouldnt deal with you if you were the last customer on earth. He explained to me his side and as all things in life, there is your side, his side and the somewhere in the middle the truth.

You've said your opinion and thats fine but you havent bought anything there, or done any business with him. So move on and buy somewhere else. You have voiced your opinion. Thank you.

I myself bought a bike off Vital. He cut me a great deal, talked for over a half hour, transaction was flawless. He even let me watch his shop for a 20 minutes while he left and got the paperwork done. Was a seamless and so far excellent purchase.

I also walked into 4 other dealers and with the exception of Sturgess Cycle was ignored, looked away from, actually asked to move out of the way while they showed a bike to a 16 year old kid, and was treated as if I wasnt there. Four motorcycle shops did this to me.

DId I go back to the net to write scathing reports? Nope! I bought from someone who took the time and patience to actually say, "How can I help you!"

So thank you and good luck in your bike purchase, but lets move on and let the people speak with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by rev11 View Post
    Your allowed to have your opinion. Thanks

I walked into Motorcircle five minutes after you walked out and Vital said you were obnoxious, over opinionated and argumentative. He said you were the worst customer he ever had and wouldnt deal with you if you were the last customer on earth. He explained to me his side and as all things in life, there is your side, his side and the somewhere in the middle the truth.

You've said your opinion and thats fine but you havent bought anything there, or done any business with him. So move on and buy somewhere else. You have voiced your opinion. Thank you.

I myself bought a bike off Vital. He cut me a great deal, talked for over a half hour, transaction was flawless. He even let me watch his shop for a 20 minutes while he left and got the paperwork done. Was a seamless and so far excellent purchase.

I also walked into 4 other dealers and with the exception of Sturgess Cycle was ignored, looked away from, actually asked to move out of the way while they showed a bike to a 16 year old kid, and was treated as if I wasnt there. Four motorcycle shops did this to me.

Did I go back to the net to write scathing reports? Nope! I bought from someone who took the time and patience to actually say, "How can I help you!"

So thank you and good luck in your bike purchase, but lets move on and let the people speak with their wallets.
    I'm not the only one with a bad opinion of that place and that's coming from someone that did buy a bike from there.

Yes, I've moved on and found a great deal.. but it's all the way in Sudbury Two more weeks! Woohoo!

glad you got a deal!............SUDBURY???????????????

Enjoy!

^ Give it up jay-d, Vitali's friends are posting now! lol!
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

If I were to walk into a dealership, and the owner / sales guy / any employee bad mouthed his last customer to me, saying he was "obnoxious, over opinionated and argumentative.The worst customer he ever had and wouldnt deal with you if you were the last customer on earth." I would get a bad feeling about the place. It would make me wonder what he would say about me after I left.

Bottom line:

Thanks Jay and Anna. I sure wont use that shop! Why risk it, when i live 3 mins from GPBikes. HAH!

I'm surprised at the level of controversy in this thread. It is quite obvious that Vitals friends (if not Vital himself) have started posting here. I did after all tell Vital that i was going to post an honest review that wouldn't reflect his shop in a positive way. That was only after he refused to give me a working battery for my gf's bike that i was picking up. The bike was orriginally delivered with a cooked battery which he demanded only needed to be charged. "I assumed you were going to charge the battery" he exclaimed, when i called him shortly after the bike was delivered and i found it wouldn't turn over. When i told him about giving him a bad review..he offered to give me a battery at cost. I just finished strapping down the bike and drove off completely fired up. Luckily with his minimal help, and a little more unexpected service...the bike is finally on the road and my gf is enjoying it after paying a total of about $6500.00 for a 2000 yzf600R. I look at the adds every day and shutter to whitness all the great deals we could have had if we just bought privately or from a more reputable dealer like GP bikes. I recently picked up a 2001 R6 with the dreaded 2nd gear prioblem. GP took it back immediately and as we speak they are pulling the engine to fix it. Motorcircle would have left me hanging in the breeze if i had baught it there. Stay away from the 99 R6 he currently has there...unless he'll let you test ride it..which i doubt.

Good luck with your business vital, i dont wish ill to anyone...but karma is a B!t(h.

Lol, after posting that and feeling the negative vibrations from reliving the experience.....something really got my goat that i had previeously forgotten.... I donated a whole set of pneumatic tools to Vitals sorry excuse for a shop which is really just a back room with a bike lift and a mish mash of stripped screw drivers and rusty wrenches. Why anyone would take their bike there for service is beyond me. When i took my gf's bike back to him to have his "expert mechanic" fix it...he gave me some sob storry about having a falling out with the guy so i had to wait until he could find someone else to work on it. I even tried helping him out by posting an add here on gtam in the classifieds section looking for someone to do the work for him. After weeks of waiting and argueing over the phone about who was respeonsible for what, he finally ordered the parts the bike needed and i believe put them in himself. After i delivered an exploded view of the carbs and pointed out exactly where they went. I'm sorry, i could have done it myself but after already spending too much time and money on this thing...we felt that he should take care of it..i nolonger wanted anything to do with it. But in the end..i still drove away with a betteryless bike...and he had a nice new shiny set of air tools. Thanks man....
    Last edited by T~Bone; 04-14-2008 at 11:33 AM.

First of all... It seems like quite a coincidence that you walked in five minutes after he walked out! Are you sure that you’re not a friend or a relative of Vital's??? Sounds to me like you’re just trying to defend him! He was just voicing his opinion about the lack of knowledge and sales skills of the owner… which I think we can all agree are important qualities in a sales person when you’re dealing with them with regards to a large purchase! Also, if you are in fact “jus a customer” I think that it was pretty rude and completely unprofessional of him to discuss other customers with you like that! Just imagine what he said about you when you left!!! If jay-d was in fact obnoxious, over opinionated and argumentative I’m sure it’s cause he actually knew what he was talking about when it came to the bikes! Unlike Vital who obviously has no clue!!!

You've said your opinion and that’s fine but you haven’t bought anything there, or done any business with him. So move on and buy somewhere else. You have voiced your opinion. Thank you.
    As for doing business with Vital… I have… and I can honestly say that it was the most horrible experience I have ever had! This website is designed for discussion and advice. I think that it’s great that we can voice our opinions and save someone else from going through the same problems that we went through! After all is this what this website is for? To meet people that you share the same passion for riding as you, to make new friends and to look out for one another? Rather than putting people down for voicing their opinions… why don’t you try to be a bit more positive and supportive! If you have something positive to say then write a review describing it… don’t use our reviews to big up that joke of a business!!! You’re right… we are entitled to our opinions and that’s why we decided to voice them!!!
    YZFoxxy

Dont get me wrong...he has on occasion some good looking bikes with low km's that look like they were well taken care of. Just be a wise consumer and if possible..have a third party inspect it before you commit to buy. He makes a point to put AS IS on his bill of sale and offeres no warranty period like most other dealers do. In the end i sum my dealings with motorcircle up to a learning experience. I'm sure both my gf and I will be a lot more careful in the future and not let our excitement to get on the road and ride cloud our judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFoxxy View Post
    First of all... It seems like quite a coincidence that you walked in five minutes after he walked out! Are you sure that you’re not a friend or a relative of Vital's??? Sounds to me like you’re just trying to defend him! He was just voicing his opinion about the lack of knowledge and sales skills of the owner… which I think we can all agree are important qualities in a sales person when you’re dealing with them with regards to a large purchase! Also, if you are in fact “jus a customer” I think that it was pretty rude and completely unprofessional of him to discuss other customers with you like that! Just imagine what he said about you when you left!!! If jay-d was in fact obnoxious, over opinionated and argumentative I’m sure it’s cause he actually knew what he was talking about when it came to the bikes! Unlike Vital who obviously has no clue!!!

As for doing business with Vital… I have… and I can honestly say that it was the most horrible experience I have ever had! This website is designed for discussion and advice. I think that it’s great that we can voice our opinions and save someone else from going through the same problems that we went through! After all is this what this website is for? To meet people that you share the same passion for riding as you, to make new friends and to look out for one another? Rather than putting people down for voicing their opinions… why don’t you try to be a bit more positive and supportive! If you have something positive to say then write a review describing it… don’t use our reviews to big up that joke of a business!!! You’re right… we are entitled to our opinions and that’s why we decided to voice them!!!

Im not his friend and you missed my point.

THE POINT WAS: the truth is usually a mish mash of different facts and experiences. I dont didpute that you had a bad experience. I dont dispute that anyway had a bad experience. I was merely pointing out that I had a good experience and that the fellow Jay-D was obviously put off and didnt get along with Vital. So what? I dont get along with everyone and I dont certainly race back to the net to post about how I dont get along with someone.
    I would post if I had a bad experience such as yourselves.

That being said, there is always two sides to the story. I dont disbelieve Jay-D, nor do I disbelieve Vital. I simply recognise that these two individuals do not get along. So what?

I also dont negate the fact that you had a bad experience there. I however, had a good experience there. So what?

I dont have any problems voicing opinions and will continue to do so. I however, dont think a place of business should get bashed because of an argument that is baseless and didnt have anything to do with a transaction of any sort.

Im glad Jay-D found his bike and will hopefully be happy. Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience and truly hope you enjoy the rest of your season.

I dont have any problems voicing opinions and will continue to do so. I however, dont think a place of business should get bashed because of an argument that is baseless and didnt have anything to do with a transaction of any sort.

Im glad Jay-D found his bike and will hopefully be happy. Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience and truly hope you enjoy the rest of your season.
    Why would I even think about making a transaction when we didn't get along? I agree that some people just don't mix well with others and I clearly said that in the beginning of my experience but experiences or opinions can be expressed without any sort of transaction taking place. Reviews, in my opinion need a transaction as T~Bone and Anna have expressed.

I went to the Lamborghini dealership downtown when I was really young (about 7 years ago) with a bunch of friends.. one sales guy didn't even say hi to us knowing we're just kids checking out the nice rides. He looked at us, said "Don't touch the cars." And went into the back office. Another sales person emerged and when he saw us he said hi and asked us if we'd like to take one for a test drive! We laughed and said sure but we all knew he was joking.. he gave us some pamphlets, popped the "trunk" to let us check out the engine and just stare in awe.. we were there for about 10 minutes and left with the biggest smiles on our face.

Which do you think leaves a bigger impact and impression?

I'm glad I found my bike too, now I wrote my experience, its not a review, let people decide what they want with it. Majority speaks for itself. Now can we all get along and play in the sand box happily??

What kind of bike you get Jay-D anyway?