John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

Re: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

When I moved to Toronto (1983), I insured with JRD insurance for my first bike and have been with them for almost 30 years.

I will admit I am a bit lazy and do not actually shop around for the best price too often. When I have done comparisons the prices are usually within $50.00 (yearly) of the lowest quote anyway. Originally dealt with John (passed), Shirley (semi retired), now Brian and Nancy. They insure our two cars, house, motorcycle and business. They have always been uber friendly, prompt with quotes and I like how they always say hi when my wife and I are at the motorcycle shows.

BTW - I have been driving for over 30 years, with no tickets at this time.

I would recommend their service - the prices Brian and Nancy have given us are competitive, but by all means shop around.

Hi Brian, Nancy - how are the kids.

SeaBreez
    Last edited by SeaBreez; 01-16-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

hi guys,

i was wondering if there is any way to get your motorcycle insurance with jevco 1 month earlier than the actual 1 year mark. My friend told me he heard it was possible, but he wasnt sure how valid that was. i am currnetly 20 years old and holdling an m2 . could someone let me know?? thankss in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ramjith View Post
    hi guys,

i was wondering if there is any way to get your motorcycle insurance with jevco 1 month earlier than the actual 1 year mark. My friend told me he heard it was possible, but he wasnt sure how valid that was. i am currnetly 20 years old and holdling an m2 . could someone let me know?? thankss in advance!
    Jevco will provide your next age category 30 days in advance of your birthday. In order to receive their "Preferred" rating you need to be licensed for a full year at the time of application, however your M1 license period will count.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy View Post
    Jevco will provide your next age category 30 days in advance of your birthday. In order to receive their "Preferred" rating you need to be licensed for a full year at the time of application, however your M1 license period will count.
    thanks for the quick reply insurance guy!

Ygpm!

Just got my bike insured through JRD Insurance. Brian and Nancy made the process enjoyable and went out of their to explain everything to me. Couldn't be happier! Thanks guys!

+1 to Brian
    even it seems like I "wasted" his time, he still gave me a good advice about my situation and how to choose another insurance
    friendly guy, too bad I cannot join him

Just a heads up to those of you that have received Jevco quotes but have not yet arranged insurance. Jevco Insurance has a rate increase overall of 7.3% (higher for younger inexperienced riders) going forward effective on May 1st. If you are in a postion to start the coverage it may save you some money to proceed with an application today.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

hey, how accurate are the internet quotes? i assume that they are usually i little bit lower in person? I am 17, have my M2 for like a week now and i got a 211/month quote on a 2007 CBR125R

Banned

How accurate are their online quotes with phone quotes? Are they almost same? or much lower than the ones given on the phone?

Hi there,

I'm looking for insurance quotes. Please PM me for my contact info so we can speak further.

Regards,
    William

you should give them a call or stop by. i don't know why you'd expect/want them to do this over PM

Aww geez. I didn't think of these guys.
    I'm on my M1 but passed the M1 exit and getting the M2 in September. New rider with Yamaha V-Star 950 touring. Quotes hitting around $2000 to $2300 full coverage. Went with Riders Plus at $1500.
    In my late 30's with 20 years driving experience (15 years in Canada), clean licence.

Got a quote $1,200/yr less than anywhere else... Only downside is they require full payment

And almost $4,000 less than Td (basic coverage)... I want some of what those guys are smoking... They offer basic for $4,000 more than what I'd be getting FULL insurance from you guys for... Banks, what're you going to do? :shrugs:

- Randy
    Last edited by ReaImDown; 03-28-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Get me insurance for less than 2.5k. Id love to switch

m2 (1yr)
    clean record
    NO G2
    250cc zzr

Give them a call
    Quote Originally Posted by nanobots View Post
    Get me insurance for less than 2.5k. Id love to switch

m2 (1yr)
    clean record