John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

We at Duffy Insurance have been supporting the GTA Motorcycle site and community through advertising for several years. Many of the GTA members are already clients. For those that are not yet clients, there are three reasons you should consider insuring your bike with us:

EXPERTISE - We have been insuring bikes all across Ontario since 1963. We insure all bikes and riders and know how to find you the best coverage for the lowest rates, maximizing all available discounts. All of our brokers have a minimum of twenty years experience insuring bikes. We are members of the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO), the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO), and the Insurance Institute of Canada.

CONVENIENCE - You can be assured of fast, friendly service from knowlegeable staff when you call our office. You may receive a quote online or on the telephone. You may insure your bike with us in the office or on telephone utilizing e-mail or fax for your application. We make it as easy as possible to insure your bike and provide convenient payment options.

CHOICE - We are independent insurance brokers and represent several different insurance companies. We will work with you to find the best company for your needs. We will insure your motorcycle as a stand alone policy with absolutely no requirement to insure another piece of business to get our best rate.

We are a full service brokerage. Please inquire about our home, auto, classic auto, watercraft, or business insurance. We're here to help.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Re: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

These folks gave ma a better deal then state farm. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks Guys!
    "To be Old and Wise you must first be Young and Stupid"

Yes, I fully agree. Great company to deal with.
    -> Jeremy W <-
    -Honda CBR250R (MC17) <- Soon to be 'For Sale'
    -Honda VFR400R (NC30)
    -Suzuki GSX-R600 (K7)

FoxHound

Great company to deal with, been with them for the last 2 years, unfortunatly rates to high for a sport bike but they sure did try to find me a good rate.

A+ service

Awesome service and rates. I would highly recommend them and yes i'm a client!

Thumbs down Re: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Gotta_Be_SV View Post
    These folks gave ma a better deal then state farm. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks Guys!
    Sorry have to disagree state farm was cheaper, i got a price from duffy like last week they priced me at 1500 for the year, and im paying 1088 a year with state farm

btw... both prices are full coverage,also when i spoke to the guy there, they dont do monthly plans u have to pay full pop
    Last edited by imported_superhawk996; 04-02-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_superhawk996 View Post
    Sorry have to disagree state farm was cheaper, i got a price from duffy like last week they priced me at 1500 for the year, and im paying 1088 a year with state farm

btw... both prices are full coverage,also when i spoke to the guy there, they dont do monthly plans u have to pay full pop

when i got quoted there I got to pay in 3 payments, so did my buddy who just got insurance threw them.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Hey dont be sorry man. I will jump ship if better quote is sent my way. I have a call into statefarm as we speak. I'm just saying lasytyear there quote was best and has been for 4 years running.
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_superhawk996 View Post

I've been a J.R. Duffy customer for a couple of years, but got a 30% better rate elsewhere this season, so I switched.

As for the service, I don't really see what is there to compare, except for the speed in providing a quote and processing the paperwork. Other than raw price, there is very little difference between brokers/insurance companies. How they handle a claim is a different question, but that one is really hard to answer in advance.

With regards to quotes, there is no consistency whatsoever, neither between different brokers / insurance companies nor with the same broker / company year over year. last year I was with Kingsway, this year Jevco is beating them, next year Primmum might be better for me. The broker I was with last year could not match the rate with the same insurance company. I got it 30+% cheaper with the other broker.

From now on I will always call at least a couple of brokers to compare as soon as I get the renewal notice. It saved me more than $300 this year.

My advice for brokers: Do your own comparison with competition and tell us where you are beating them. Something like "We'll beat any quote for scooter insurance." or "Best rate for riders over 40, guaranteed.". Everything else is just empty talk.
    Last edited by Vlad; 04-03-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

i just got off the phone with them and i was quoted 64 dollars less then statefarm a month on a honda cbr 600. Only thing i didnt like about them is they wanted everything in one payment !! I see a few people on here got to pay in 3 payments but the lady told me they needed it all up front ?

Talking Re: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

Quote Originally Posted by newbieracer View Post
    when i got quoted there I got to pay in 3 payments, so did my buddy who just got insurance threw them.
    very strange indeed,cause they told me i had to pay one time few, anyhow i still gotta better deal threw statefarm as now my insurance drop 10 bucks a month in my new renewal.... hahaha

I've received great service from them over the last 4 years
    My dirtbike has slicks

Yup thats a draw back for sure ...but nobody has touched their rates so they keep my business....
    Quote Originally Posted by jon12001 View Post
    i just got off the phone with them and i was quoted 64 dollars less then statefarm a month on a honda cbr 600. Only thing i didnt like about them is they wanted everything in one payment !! I see a few people on here got to pay in 3 payments but the lady told me they needed it all up front ?

I'd just like to clear up a little confusion concerning different payment plans offered. We are brokers and as such represent several different insurance companies.

The payment plans available come from the specific insurance company quoted. Not all of our insurers offer payment plans. We offer a quote from the insurer that offers the best rate for the required coverage. A payment plan is available for most of our policyholders, however there are some cases where the company with lowest rate doesn't have a pay plan.

If anyone requires more detailed information about their quote please call. We'd be happy to help.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Smokn7RR

Hey Insurance Guy,

Did you get my PM? I called you last week and PM'd you yesterday about getting quotes......could you please get back to me. My number is in the PM.

Thanks

Does anyone know an insurance company that will insure me for a good price?....
    statefarm quoted me for $2,030,
    TD for $12,000 (this is not a typo)

21 year old male
    single
    G licence, no history of accidents/tickets
    just took my course to get my m2
    don't have 5 years driving experience (statefarm never asked me about 5 years driving experience)
    2001 CBR 600 f4i

I've heard horror stories about people getting a call back 3 weeks later from statefarm stating they would no longer insure them without 5 yrs driving experience. Anyone have experiences with this?

Smokn7RR

Still waiting for a phone call...........I think the RR is scaring these insurance guys...........it's only been about 2-3 weeks I been waiting.......lol.......somebody.........anyone... ......hello...........I live in Ontario.......I work in Quebec but live in Ontario.........the bike I want to insure has only an "R" in the title........Am I gonna have to beg to possibly give you guys some business.........hello.........3 cars........1 bike........1 house.............this could almost turn into a country song.........

Ok fine I will just leave my bike in the shed then..........................

Dude just call the place they answered the phone every single time I called.

Why wait, call and ride!
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

They really need to work on their on line quoting system
    Or at least call the person back like it says they will
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Carpe Diem

Dunno about online...but callling these guys and seeing them personally has always been a helpful and learning experience. Been with them for three years and every year they have always called around to get me the best quote on insurance. A+