Ouch!!! - Thanks Canada Border Services

Thread: Ouch!!! - Thanks Canada Border Services

Ouch!!! - Thanks Canada Border Services

<Rant>

I ordered a set of OEM chain adjusters for the Yamaha from CheapCycleParts.com. BTW, these guys are first class and have some of the best prices around.

Canadian they came to $13.72

We get a notice from Canada Post that I have a package to pick up so my wife went last night to picked them up. Canada post told her there was a handling fee of $5 and PST and GST came to $1783.60. She said she wouldn't pay, they wouldn't give the parts to her and she said send them back

Regardless of the fact that they should never have charged anything on $13 they completly screwed up the calculation of the tax....

Hello.... if you want to calculate 13% of something you multiply by 0.13, not 130.

I called Border Services to complain and they said if you don't like it file for an adjustment. They wouldn't even consider the possibility that they had made a mistake. Nice Friendly Customer Service.......

</Rant>
    Last edited by Ulsterman; 03-28-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    I'm too old for this

Re: Ouch!!! - Thanks Canada Border Services

.....yeah...dont bother waiting for the adjustment. In the past, I've filed it twice for small amts (under $20) and never got a reply. You are better off reordering

wow sux man. ur wife is cool to pick up your parts tho

Quote Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
    ....ur wife is cool to pick up your parts tho
    I thought so too. Never made it past that part of the post, actually...
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Hello.... if you want to calculate 14% of something you multiply by 0.13, not 130.

I called Border Services to complain and they said if you don't like it file for an adjustment. They wouldn't even consider the possibility that they had made a mistake. Nice Friendly Customer Service.......

</Rant>[/quote]
    Would you consider the possibility that you made a mistake? My file is not adjustable either, but I dont make a big deal about it. Bahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    Hello.... if you want to calculate 14% of something you multiply by 0.13, not 130.
    ROFL!

Thanks Ministry of Education!
    Last edited by Andrew978; 03-27-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Andrew - Scarberia

Ulster: R U absolutely sure the seller hasn't messed up on the invoice attached to or inside the shipment?
    Got Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    <Rant>

I ordered a set of OEM chain adjusters for the Yamaha from CheapCycleParts.com. BTW, these guys are first class and have some of the best prices around.

Canadian they came to $13.72

We get a notice from Canada Post that I have a package to pick up so my wife went last night to picked them up. Canada post told her there was a handling fee of $5 and PST and GST came to $1783.60. She said she wouldn't pay, they wouldn't give the parts to her and she said send them back

Regardless of the fact that they should never have charged anything on $13 they completly screwed up the calculation of the tax....

Hello.... if you want to calculate 13% of something you multiply by 0.13, not 130.

</Rant>
    This has happened to me a couple of times. You just can't argue with Canada Post or Border Services, its better just sending it back and having them reship.

I think someone in Border Services just make a typo.