3500 Charged Under 203 Since Inception. - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 3500 Charged Under 203 Since Inception.

Re: 3500 Charged Under 203 Since Inception.

I wonder if the cops play Highway to Hell when they nab ppl lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    There is no stated time. The conditions for this charge are rather vague. If I had to defend myself against this charge I would indicate that I waited for what I felt was long enough for the opposing driver to react, and begin his move into the intersection, but he failed to do so.

Definition, "stunt"
    3.8 iv. making a left turn where,
    (A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal system in response to a circular red indication;
    (B) at least one vehicle facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication; and
    (C) the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle. O. Reg. 455/07, s. 3.
    Check out the exceptions!

Exceptions

4.(1) Despite section 2, “race” and “contest” do not include,

(b) motor vehicle owners engaged in a tour, scenic drive, treasure hunt or other similar motoring event in which the participants drive responsibly and in a manner that indicates an overall intention to comply with the provisions of the Act; or

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_070455_e.htm
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Check out the exceptions!

Exceptions

4.(1) Despite section 2, “race” and “contest” do not include,

(b) motor vehicle owners engaged in a tour, scenic drive, treasure hunt or other similar motoring event in which the participants drive responsibly and in a manner that indicates an overall intention to comply with the provisions of the Act; or

I'm well aware of the exceptions. They also include events organized by several sanctioned racing organizations. How does this apply in the given situation?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    There is no stated time. The conditions for this charge are rather vague. If I had to defend myself against this charge I would indicate that I waited for what I felt was long enough for the opposing driver to react, and begin his move into the intersection, but he failed to do so.

Definition, "stunt"
    3.8 iv. making a left turn where,
    (A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal system in response to a circular red indication;
    (B) at least one vehicle facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication; and
    (C) the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle. O. Reg. 455/07, s. 3.

Umm...k...now Rob, how do you recover the costs of your impounded vehicle and finding a ride to work for a week? You're guilty...why bother going to court?

I know, you're on our side, just a though that's been touched on a thousand times in this section...let alone thread.

Ian
    Power Corrupts, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...GSXR!

Quote Originally Posted by thislilfishy View Post
    Umm...k...now Rob, how do you recover the costs of your impounded vehicle and finding a ride to work for a week? You're guilty...why bother going to court?

I know, you're on our side, just a though that's been touched on a thousand times in this section...let alone thread.

Ian
    I stated why I go to court; a good faith belief in my innocence of the charge, due to lax wording in the statute, in question. I obviously have difficulty in recovering my impound fees, due to my effectively being found guilty prior to any actual finding of guilt at trial, which is why I'm so vehemently opposed to this law.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post

I hereby proclaim that I am permanently on a tour and scenic drive all at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
    Also heard on the 6:00 news that the trucker's widow stated that she is going to press for even more severe penalties for 'street racing'. Here we go. Can we say potential crusade here ... stay tuned.