2008 Icon Airframe Helmet... any1 own one?

Thread: 2008 Icon Airframe Helmet... any1 own one?

2008 Icon Airframe Helmet... any1 own one?

Just wondering if anyone owns one? The guy at snow city said the only difference between it and the mainframe is the venting and the shell composition.

they apparently encorporated some kevlar into the shell to make the helmet lighter, and the venting is different, but he wouldnt comment on better or worse.

if anyone owns this, or an icon lid in general, could you speak for the quality please?

i was also thinking of getting a mirrored blue visor for it from icon as well, so a mini-review on that would be helpful too.

thanks in advance

donut

Re: 2008 Icon Airframe Helmet... any1 own one?

the icon helmets in general are fairly well built and reasonably quiet.

i havent got in any of the airframes yet but i'd like to check them out too when they get here.

as far as mirror visors go, icons arent really much different from anyone elses. the price is decent but like most mirror visors they will scratch easily so you have to be careful with them.

Re: 2008 Icon Airframe Helmet... any1 own one?

thanks! good news im gonna pick up a lid with the blue mirror then. hopefully it'll be great. its like 50 bux cheaper than the new exo-1000 and i've heard nothing but good reviews about the airframe and nothing but bad reviews about the exo... lol

thanks again