Nexo Leather Jackets? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexo Leather Jackets?

Re: Nexo Leather Jackets?

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    I have one, the quality seems ok but as someone else mentioned the fit seems a little off. However due to the boots being absolute garbage and nexo refusing to hear anything of it I will not spend a cent with them again.
    i also think the boots are crap, i like the jacket though...dont remember which one i have
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Quote Originally Posted by PannonSports View Post
    The new Cobra jackets come with that soft (forgot what it's called) material, like a gel, that kinda molds around your neck. I have the jackets in stock now.

R.
    Thank you Robert.
    It was only a very,very minor problem.
    Love the jacket.
    Feels good,fits really nice.
    That will be my next choice of jacket.
    (I think it`s call "Thingy-a-me-jig)

I have the Cobra jacket, pants, and gloves. All are holding up very well although I haven't been down in them. Seem good quality.

I have the boots also and they are complete garbage. Like others have said I've also reported this to Nexo and gotten no reply.
    PM'd Robert at Pannon where I bought it all about the boots falling apart and also got no reply.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

Thumbs down Re: Nexo Leather Jackets?

I would also like to say Nexo Cobra gloves are GARBAGE!!!!!!! started tearing and coming apart after very short use, one season i have Alpinestars gloves in use for six years that are in better shape and got NO HELP for PannonSports with the gloves must say i feel tricked about the quality of the gloves .

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrkr13 View Post
    I have the Cobra jacket, pants, and gloves. All are holding up very well although I haven't been down in them. Seem good quality.

I have the boots also and they are complete garbage. Like others have said I've also reported this to Nexo and gotten no reply.
    PM'd Robert at Pannon where I bought it all about the boots falling apart and also got no reply.
    I'm seeing a trend here.

I have a nexo cobra jacket and cobra gloves ( short ones ) and FOR THE PRICE they are great. I dont think anyone here will say that nexo is of the same quality as the higher model garments from the bigger name companies. I think for your day to day commute nexo is just fine but I dont think I would trust it on a track day or if I was planning on taking a "spirited " ride. The only complaints I have is the strap to tighten the gloves is WAY too small and totally useless so I cant even tighten my gloves, but they fit snug, and the jacket with the inside liner removed is VERY uncomfertable the edging from the mesh internal of the jacket always pricks me it's just a pain... but then again FOR THE PRICE, it's hard to beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by type_s kid View Post
    I think for your day to day commute nexo is just fine but I dont think I would trust it on a track day or if I was planning on taking a "spirited " ride.
    If I can't trust a product on the track, I can't trust it on the street. Asphalt is asphalt.

No offence but if your pushing your bike the same on the street as you would on the track then your pretty foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    If I can't trust a product on the track, I can't trust it on the street. Asphalt is asphalt.
    Last edited by type_s kid; 09-29-2009 at 09:25 PM.

No offence but if your pushing your bike the same on the street as you would on the track then your pretty foolish.
    no offence taken, I ride my SV on the track as hard as I can and my busa on the street like it's a gold wing (and a slow one at that). But no offence to you...if you think that the asphalt on the track is more abrasive than the asphalt on the street, you're pretty foolish.

I crashed twice on the track this year, both at speeds lower than some posted speed limits. Good gear needs to hold up well in any crash whether it be on the street or on the track.
    Last edited by chinto; 09-29-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    no offence taken, I ride my SV on the track as hard as I can and my busa on the street like it's a gold wing (and a slow one at that). But no offence to you...if you think that the asphalt on the track is more abrasive than the asphalt on the street, you're pretty foolish.

I crashed twice on the track this year, both at speeds lower than some posted speed limits. Good gear needs to hold up well in any crash whether it be on the street or on the track.

No I'm not saying the pavement is any different, I'm just saying that MOST people who ride dont ride the street with the same aggression as they would on the track. Yes street riding there are more obsticles to watch for ( curbs, other cars etc..) that you dont see on the track, but again the speeds are usually much slower.

I totally understand your point and in now way am I saying your right or wrong. I just think that for the money these garments are hard to beat. No they are not of the best quality but they are not the worst either. I have seen JR and A* jackets that are just garbage after a good season of riding.

So I guess I should clear this up, if your looking for bargin gear that will provide you with fair protection and a discount price Nexo is a good choice. But if you have the extra funds purchase gear of a higher quality

Crashed wearing nexo cobra jacket, nexo cobra gloves, nexo boots, speed was about 60km/h, not a scratch on me, even though like others said, the quality of the gloves and the boots asks for more, the glove strap base ripped off, which means that one glove was loose, the leather started wearing off from 2 month normal use... Yet Im still happy with the product, and Ill be coming back to rob for a new set of jacket and gloves...
    My top 5 iPhone apps:

#1. Amoveo #2. Angry birds #3. PS Photoshop #4. Real Racing #5. Cut The Rope

2008 Yamaha R6 - CE - SOLD

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic21557_1.gif

I just wish the jacket liner was a full liner instead of just covering the chest. Too much airflow in the arms at this time in the season.

Exclamation Re: Nexo Leather Jackets?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrkr13 View Post

Could you resend your PM, because I didn't get anything from you. I get at least 1 or 2 PMs a day, yours is not there in my inbox. Sorry, I can't reply to messages I don't get into my "inbox".

Robert
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Mississauga (Streetsville), ON L5M 1H7
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

Quote Originally Posted by PannonSports View Post
    Could you resend your PM, because I didn't get anything from you. I get at least 1 or 2 PMs a day, yours is not there in my inbox. Sorry, I can't reply to messages I don't get into my "inbox".

Robert
    PM sent.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

I think for your day to day commute nexo is just fine but I dont think I would trust it on a track day or if I was planning on taking a "spirited " ride. <snip>
    Nothing wrong with Nexo on the track....

"My Scorpion helmet did its job (scuffed and cracked, it's done, but I didn't even have a headache), the Nexo leathers might need a couple of stitches here and there but no more, the boots look as good as new, and while I'll replace the Joe Rocket gloves, I've seen people racing with worse. "
    http://www.wheels.ca/newsFeatures/article/782100

Also, can't remember which track/school it is, but they use exclusively all Nexo leathers for their riders and instructors.

Last edited by SunnY S; 10-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    I would also like to say Nexo Cobra gloves are GARBAGE!!!!!!! started tearing and coming apart after very short use, one season i have Alpinestars gloves in use for six years that are in better shape and got NO HELP for PannonSports with the gloves must say i feel tricked about the quality of the gloves .
    My own started to tear with holes starting to appear where velcro was sewn onto the gauntlets......AFTER ONLY 7 RIDES!!!

Just by pulling the gloves onto my hands, I tore the gauntlets. They were never on the ground, never crashed. I literally tore them up by pulling them onto my hands. God forbid if they actually hit the ground in a crash. If I can tear the leather apart withmyhands, I can only imagine the condition they'd be in during a crash. i bought two sets as they seemed nice and comfortable, and well priced. One for street use and one for track. I only wore one set, and retired them after 2 weeks of use. The other pair is new still, and unworn. I am afraid to wear them. To br fair, Robert at Pannon has offered to exchange them for new ones, but I will still be afraid to actually ride in the new ones too, if they are built anything like these ones.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your pair were the last gen Cobra gloves? I understand they weren't the greatest.

But apparently the Cobra Plus gloves, which came out not that long ago are much better and more comfortable.

Apart from some minor wear, no major problems to report with mine so far, and I've used them quite a bit all season last year.

Agreed^^

The new ones are better with the outside stitching, more palm protection and the pinky sewn together (if you prefer that).

That said, Robert is a super nice guy to deal with!!

I hope so. Robert said he will replace the last gen Cobras with the new ones.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

My pair fell apart as well. I've looked at the new gloves and the stitching looks ALOT better. For the price, I'll be trying them out next time I need new gloves.

the jacket is very sturdy though. crash tested by moi on occasions.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!