ARC 1 vs Phase 1

Thread: ARC 1 vs Phase 1

MTL_Rider

ARC 1 vs Phase 1

Hi,

I've been riding on the streets for about 5 years and now find its time to try the track. After speaking, with some fellow riders I have decided that my first step. Should going to riding school before signing myself up for any track days.

But I don’t know which school to attend. What is the difference between going to FAST school or Turn2?

FAST has Phase 1 and Turn2 has ARC 1. Is there any difference between the two?

Does anyone have any recommendations which school I should attend?

I do not plan on doing any competitive racing. But I have decided to stop riding on the streets and start and stick with the track.

Any advice would much appreciate.

Merci

Re: ARC 1 vs Phase 1

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Rider View Post
    Hi,

I've been riding on the streets for about 5 years and now find its time to try the track. After speaking, with some fellow riders I have decided that my first step. Should going to riding school before signing myself up for any track days.
    But I don’t know which school to attend. What is the difference between going to FAST school or Turn2?
    Turn 2's ARC is held at a variety of race tracks throughout Ontario, as where FAST is held only at Shannonville. The course curriculum are similar, which are emphasis on basic riding techniques, confidence inspiring practice and basic track riding. The theories of motorcycle physics are usually covered to touch on how it all comes together. FAST has been doing it longer, so it might be fairly polished as a course vs ARC which has only been offered for a year now - but TURN2 has some great people for instructors and I expect the course to be very we laid out.

Yes - see above.

Either or both. Whatever works for your schedule or budget.

I do not plan on doing any competitive racing. But I have decided to stop riding on the streets and start and stick with the track.
    Even more reason to do a school.

Merci
    No prob.

all the important things have been said but a couple small points if i may. i said i'd never want to do racing. so much for that, i got my race license and cant wait for my first race season. do fast! if you decide to apply for a race license it's all you need.

good luck

Hi,

Merci
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    do fast! if you decide to apply for a race license it's all you need. good luck
    Same applies with Turn2's ARC 1:

"Upon successful completion of our one day course, you will receive an ARC Level 1 certificate. For those riders wishing to go further and possibly get into racing, the certificate is recognized by R.A.C.E. Inc. and may be used when applying for a race license."
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    Same applies with Turn2's ARC 1:

"Upon successful completion of our one day course, you will receive an ARC Level 1 certificate. For those riders wishing to go further and possibly get into racing, the certificate is recognized by R.A.C.E. Inc. and may be used when applying for a race license."
    I stand corrected, my apologies, i thought they weren't recognized by RACE
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

One of the differences that ARC claims is to give you a hands on approach to bike setup, (although I think that is their phase 2). I have done Phase 1 and 2, twice at FAST, and they do not touch on suspension adjustments, unless you ask an instructor directly.

The number of riders per instructor are a lot better with TURN2 ARC

BigFuZz

Do we have to pay for the track day on top of the $315?

BigFuZz

Has anyone sign up for this? I faxed my form in 2 weeks ago and received no reply. I always get a message on their phone. Where is that George?

George is a hard guy to get a hold of, so keep trying. I had the pleasure of participating in a Turn2 track day at Cayuga last year which was awesome. But I had the same problem, when I faxed in my registration, there was no response or confirmation. Also, I've signed up for FAST on May 1; which I'm getting pretty gitty about!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuZz View Post
    Has anyone sign up for this? I faxed my form in 2 weeks ago and received no reply. I always get a message on their phone. Where is that George?
    All confirmations have been made, perhaps we didnt get your fax?
    RIDE LIKE YOU WANNA LEARN