Mexico Road

Thread: Mexico Road

Mexico Road

I need some help. I was having a conversation with this guy last year and he was telling me about this road in Mexico that takes about 6hrs to ride. He claims he has been to the East Coast, West Coast, Cabots Trail, Rockies and nothing touches this road in Mexico. I wrote down where he claimed this road was the same day I talked with him but have lost the peice of paper since then. Has anyone heard of this road? He claims that the corners are banked in so much that his suspension was bottoming out around the corners. He said him and his buddy actually went back and rode it again they were so impressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

a1cycleclassifieds

Re: Mexico Road

Hmmm... with all the tourist killings that have been goin on in Mexico, I don't really think I would like to be biking there. But hey it's a free world... hope you find your road... have you tried searching on Google?

No clue but the best road i have ever ridden was the cherahola hwy and deals gap bar none
    Quote Originally Posted by dan02 View Post
    I need some help. I was having a conversation with this guy last year and he was telling me about this road in Mexico that takes about 6hrs to ride. He claims he has been to the East Coast, West Coast, Cabots Trail, Rockies and nothing touches this road in Mexico. I wrote down where he claimed this road was the same day I talked with him but have lost the peice of paper since then. Has anyone heard of this road? He claims that the corners are banked in so much that his suspension was bottoming out around the corners. He said him and his buddy actually went back and rode it again they were so impressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

He wasn't talking about the road called the Devil's Backbone was he? I think it goes from Durango to Mazatlan.

Quote Originally Posted by dan02 View Post
    Thanks

There are many roads like that in Mexico, with many curves per km, but most don't have a shoulder, any barrier, and are full of potholes, so they are pretty much a write-off... anyway, look up on the internet, many companies organize motorcycle tours in different parts of mexico
    Security transcends technology

Quote Originally Posted by spawnx66 View Post
    He wasn't talking about the road called the Devil's Backbone was he? I think it goes from Durango to Mazatlan.
    +1
    If he was talking about the road being banked, probably that one. Good condition, supposed to be....well.....the best road in the Americas, including The Dragon.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Oh man!!! That does sound familiar.. I think that may be it

Now if I could just find some info on it....

Just do a search for copper canyon and batopilas. Very popular motorcycle destination in Mexico. The devil's backbone starts/ends there in Chihuahua region. The road "Espinazo Del Diablo" is route 40 from Durango to Mazatlan.

Not my photos, but gives you an idea.