Barber Motorsport Park...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barber Motorsport Park...

Barber Motorsport Park...

Just wanted to give a heads up to my trackjunkies that a bunch of us are heading down to do Barber and possibly Jennings after were done there... mid April is when we are going... can't wait!!!!! Anyone here done the Barber track?

Re: Barber Motorsport Park...

I missed the Jennings trip (they're there right now) because I lost my birth cert. but I'll have it by April. Hmmmm.........

I think Jamilrahman did Barber last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arai-ko View Post
    Anyone here done the Barber track?
    Once or twice

Quote Originally Posted by sevenfiddy23 View Post
    I missed the Jennings trip (they're there right now) because I lost my birth cert. but I'll have it by April. Hmmmm.........

I think Jamilrahman did Barber last year.
    Jamil... will be coming with us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Once or twice
    nice pic Martin... so you've been there I see... bery Noice! I can't wait just a few more weeks!!!

You're gonna love it !!

RR Rudebwoy

Once or twice

Spoke with Dan, says if you guys score the HRC bike, it's going to Barber.

We're gonna need a bigger convoy, my trailer only takes two bikes !!

Add: Dan was talking about taking a pimped out CBR125 down as well.

RR Rudebwoy

Yes, he did mention that as well as him jumping on a plane to come down and ride both bikes! I was there on Sat btw to help a friend deliver his 125 to its new owner in Newmarket.

FYI, I just sent MC division a sample suit for the 125 series, very nice!

Its all good Ray!

Anyways sorry to threadjack - Arai Ko I can go on and on about Barber, between there several times but I'll just give you a few tips: Turn 5 is highside city if you're wreckless with it so be cautious till you get it familiar with it. Its three apexes but it gets very fast once you're past 5B. And try to keep your eye on the track, its hard to stay focused when you're riding around a golf green groomed 100 million dollar track

hmm I should be able to get the bike back together by then. What dates are you thinking of Marlon?
    "There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated"
    -NOFX 'the idiots are taking over'

I've gone to Barber for the last couple of years, but looks like I'll have to pass up this year, I have too many other things going on at about the same time. You guys will love it but watch out for a couple tricky corners! There are a few blind entrances - nothing like Calabogie, though. Turn one off the front straight is a blind downhill left then there is a *looooong* right. The corner coming onto the second front straight is interesting ... full acceleration up a hill while the track aims right, you aim for the scoring tower (veering right) until the track comes into view.

Short gearing will work, it is not a high speed track. Shannonville long track gearing should be OK, Calabogie gearing will be OK for sure.

Marlon I'll phone you later this week ...

RR Rudebwoy

Its all good Ray!

Anyways sorry to threadjack -
    Marlon, should have PM'd Martin, my apologies for the threadjack.

Its all good Ray!

Anyways sorry to threadjack - Arai Ko I can go on and on about Barber, between there several times but I'll just give you a few tips: Turn 5 is highside city if you're wreckless with it so be cautious till you get it familiar with it. Its three apexes but it gets very fast once you're past 5B. And try to keep your eye on the track, its hard to stay focused when you're riding around a golf green groomed 100 million dollar track
    lol thanks Martin... I saw this vid that my buddy Addy posted up on FB and it gave pointers on entering, breaking, lines to take, etc... but a well known Porsche racer... very informative... I was soooo stoked when I saw the vid!!!
    I'll have to see it again the check out the turn you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    hmm I should be able to get the bike back together by then. What dates are you thinking of Marlon?
    we're think of going April 12-13 weekend. Leave Thurdsay evening... STRAIGHT driving to the track (alternating drivers) get there on the Friday... chillout and ride the track Saturday and Sunday...leave Monday and back to work by Tuesday some of us will head down to Jennings but not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I've gone to Barber for the last couple of years, but looks like I'll have to pass up this year, I have too many other things going on at about the same time. You guys will love it but watch out for a couple tricky corners! There are a few blind entrances - nothing like Calabogie, though. Turn one off the front straight is a blind downhill left then there is a *looooong* right. The corner coming onto the second front straight is interesting ... full acceleration up a hill while the track aims right, you aim for the scoring tower (veering right) until the track comes into view.

Short gearing will work, it is not a high speed track. Shannonville long track gearing should be OK, Calabogie gearing will be OK for sure.

Marlon I'll phone you later this week ...
    thanks Brian for the tips... whats up with you? long time no see! Give me a shout on my cell when you get a chance... you got it right? if not I can PM it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by RR Rudebwoy View Post
    Marlon, should have PM'd Martin, my apologies for the threadjack.
    no worries Ray.. I know you booth... soooo its all good! How's the 07' CBR.. she still sleeping or did you give her a roar yet through the winter.. lol

Martin and Brian P have said all that has to be said. There's nothing more that I can add. I was there last year and had a blast. Be sure to have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul900rr View Post
    Martin and Brian P have said all that has to be said. There's nothing more that I can add. I was there last year and had a blast. Be sure to have a great time.
    bro? you were there last year and I wasn't invited lol
    for sure I'll have a blast... can't wait! If things pan out the way it should as planned... mid April... Barber here I come!