... so it begins anew....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ... so it begins anew....

... so it begins anew....

Re: ... so it begins anew....

I suspected that this would happen.

There's a chance that I'd be dead now, because of a crash in which I hit the ground with my head and shoulder hard enough that my collarbone snapped like kindling. Thing is, I don't know. I don't know because I was WEARING A HELMET, and so avoided head injury.

This guy's comments on motorcycling aren't doing us any favours.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

what an idiot !:

""We are confident of winning the battle this time," Badesha said. "We don't believe a helmet is safe. Every day riders with helmets die in accidents. If I'm supposed to die today, I will die and nothing can save me." "

With that logic I'm never going to wear a seatbelt, I guess I can start smoking too with no worries.

"Everyday riders with helmets die in accidents. If I'm supposed to die today, I will die and nothing can save me." Badesha. I say court ordered psychiatric assesment. Good thing he's not running my construction site or an airline. Or driving taxi. Yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I suspected that this would happen.

There's a chance that I'd be dead now, because of a crash in which I hit the ground with my head and shoulder hard enough that my collarbone snapped like kindling. Thing is, I don't know. I don't know because I was WEARING A HELMET, and so avoided head injury.

This guy's comments on motorcycling aren't doing us any favours.
    Wow sounds like this guy really has a death wish, i really hope his appeal is struck down in court ,its not fair for tax payers too pay for his stupidity if he is injured riding without a helmet. Religion is important but come on so is self preservation ,jus don't understand how he can be so selfish too his familly, a very stupid man he is.
    Last edited by moto22; 03-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.

As I said in a previous thread, there are two separate issues here.

The first is a matter of State mandated safety equipment. A law exists that requires the use of a helmet when riding a motorcycle, which is an optional pass-time. If riders' safety is this much at issue, then it trumps the religious consideration in something that is not a requirement to daily life.

The second issue is the helmet law, itself. If the helmet law doesn't appreciably increase riders' safety then he should be attacking it, not trying to do an end run around the law via religious exemption. Unless he can prove #2, he should never prevail in #1.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

bahaha i bet if he rides again with just his turban he will crash and land head 1st ! just like that tool who made noise about not wanting to wear a seatbelt in the states then a month later he dies in a car crash by flying out the window because he wasnt wearing his seat belt hahahaha

Let's just hope that when he rides without the helmet and he goes down or is hit that no one else gets hurt/killed by his flying body.

~~Gray-haired riders don’t get that way from pure luck. And the laugh lines are a bonus~~

I am.
    You are.
    They are.
    We are...
    ...all connected...
    ...as "One"

[quote=Rob MacLennan;546469]
    If riders' safety is this much at issue, then it trumps the religious consideration in something that is not a requirement to daily life.

At the risk of a severe beating, I need to know if this is a fact or an opinion. Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by inreb; 03-15-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spellin

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    At the risk of a severe beating....
    ??? and ???

Maybe the motorcycle community should make their stance know.

Whether it be helmets for all or helmets for none?

BLACK_GIXXER

This guy's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Maybe the motorcycle community should make their stance know.

Whether it be helmets for all or helmets for none?
    Why are there only two options? I'm operating on a need to know basis. Thanks?

If this helmet law is passed,then the law would be discriminating against every other rider that doesn't wear a turban.Sounds like another court case....doesn't it?I for one will NOT ride without a helmet,so it doesn't really bother me too much,but whats fair for one should be fair to all!!!Can't wait to see a Sikh riding around Mosport @ w.o.t. realize he's in too hot and has to bail.Oh ****...I'm not wearing a helmet!!!!!See you at the morgue!!!The government has to grow some balls and realize this is Canada.If you want to live here,live by our rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have a little fun for a long time

Now, we will hear whatever reasoning it will take for HIM to win. "We don't believe a helmet is safe." and "on behalf of the Sikh community" are just statements to garner a broader base of support and sympathy from those who have no real interest in this issue.

It's now the "State vs. the Sikh community" gambit for personal reasons. Enough is enough.

I agree with eastcoast, that the community should take a stand ... i'm pro-helmet which I assume is the stand in general. If he wins, we may end up paying for it eventually thru increased premiums as the insurance companies will say that there is an increased risk now overall.

Somebody should remind him that suicide is also illegal in Canada
    Last edited by moto22; 03-15-2008 at 08:53 PM.

I've said it many times, already. There are only two options because either helmets are a primary safety concern, or they aren't. No one would ever consider removing mandates for helmets or safety harnesses on construction sites, so why motorcycle helmets.

It comes down to just two things; either helmets are a piece of safety equipment that should be mandated for all, or they aren't. No one NEEDS to ride a motorcycle, therefore there is no curtailing of religious freedom by mandating the use of helmets by all.

Sorry, this privileged information is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I've said it many times, already. There are only two options because either helmets are a primary safety concern, or they aren't. No one would ever consider removing mandates for helmets or safety harnesses on construction sites, so why motorcycle helmets.

It comes down to just two things; either helmets are a piece of safety equipment that should be mandated for all, or they aren't. No one NEEDS to ride a motorcycle, therefore there is no curtailing of religious freedom by mandating the use of helmets by all.
    On one hand you have religion, on the other hand you have safety. You're saying safety trumps religion. I think there is a strong arguement to be made that religion trumps safety. I'm not making that arguement. I'm just open to the idea that religion is very powerfull, trumping safety. I'm also open to the idea that safety is not a primary concern. If it were, motorcycles might one day be banned. I've said it many times, already. Slippery slope. Badesha getting his way could possibly help our cause in the future.

I don't think Religon can trump safety.
    The safety aspect is well proven. There has yet to be a study proving religion.