171km/h in a 60km/h limit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 171km/h in a 60km/h limit

171km/h in a 60km/h limit

CP24 is reporting somewhere near Windsor someone went 111km/h over the limit. You guys think he should get double the fines.....it is like going over 50 twice

Re: 171km/h in a 60km/h limit

I wonder how they stopped him?
    Did they chase him,etc.

BLACK_GIXXER

I heard fantino jumped out in a superman suit and arrested the guy

err ummm. So they impound his current bike and the next bike that he buys?
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK_GIXXER View Post
    I heard fantino jumped out in a superman suit and arrested the guy
    I'm picturing Dom DeLuise here.....CannonBall Run maybe?

Well if ur gonna go 50 over at least make it worthwhile
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

fwiw.....going solo, at nearly triple the speed limit in a 60 zone is no way no how "street racing"....this kid should be thanking his lucky stars that's all he's been charged with

further proof that 203 is irresponsible....hear me out

previously well used and deserved charges that would have likely been used woulda been the likes of "dangerous driving" and possibly "criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle".....c'mon folks......almost 180 in a 60!!!!!!!!

BUT.....everyone from lawmakers, to enforcers, to the media, are just chomping at the bit to wave the "street racing" flag whenever some dude drives a fast car in an aggressive manner

they got this one wrong....way wrong

serves them right

but at least the officer got her high-five back at the shop for the 7-day tow....pfft

You guys are telling me that you've never hit those speeds up on the 507?

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    fwiw.....going solo, at nearly triple the speed limit in a 60 zone is no way no how "street racing"....this kid should be thanking his lucky stars that's all he's been charged with

further proof that 203 is irresponsible....hear me out

previously well used and deserved charges that would have likely been used woulda been the likes of "dangerous driving" and possibly "criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle".....c'mon folks......almost 180 in a 60!!!!!!!!

BUT.....everyone from lawmakers, to enforcers, to the media, are just chomping at the bit to wave the "street racing" flag whenever some dude drives a fast car in an aggressive manner

they got this one wrong....way wrong

serves them right

but at least the officer got her high-five back at the shop for the 7-day tow....pfft
    Bang on!

Ftw.

A time and place.
    200 on the 507 at night is completely different from doing it in a 60 zone that is just stupid.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

Quote Originally Posted by ace6061 View Post
    A time and place.
    200 on the 507 at night is completely different from doing it in a 60 zone that is just stupid.
    OK, can you go back and read what you just read?
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

A time and place.
    200 on the 507 at night is just stupid.

A time and place.
    Perhaps you mean 407? Doing 200 on 507 after dark would mean hitting a tree, deer, car..... Light doesn't travel around corners well.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Traian View Post
    You guys are telling me that you've never hit those speeds up on the 507?
    I don't know what the 507 is.......but this kid was in a 60 zone.....and as much as I want 203 scrapped (and I think this kid's charge is further grounds for it to be scrapped).....I'm not overlooking some jerk doing that.....it's pure lunacy

I've never been at all adverse to serious 50km over penalities in residential zones (aka 60kph and under).....I don't want their right to due process stripped....but ramp those fines up into big money category...heck if some lunatic lost it on my street doing 120kph he could end up in my living room...at 170 he'd go right through

not cool.....60kph and under means heavily populated so slow the heck down

it irks me to no end that a kid doing triple the limit in a residential zone gets the same charge as folks brain-cramping at the end of the 410....or the old dude passing the truck....or some guy chirping his tires....this madness has to stop

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    I don't know what the 507 is.......but this kid was in a 60 zone.....and as much as I want 203 scrapped (and I think this kid's charge is further grounds for it to be scrapped).....I'm not overlooking some jerk doing that.....it's pure lunacy

I've never been at all adverse to serious 50km over penalities in residential zones (aka 60kph and under).....I don't want their right to due process stripped....but ramp those fines up into big money category...heck if some lunatic lost it on my street doing 120kph he could end up in my living room...at 170 he'd go right through

not cool.....60kph and under means heavily populated so slow the heck down

it irks me to no end that a kid doing triple the limit in a residential zone gets the same charge as folks brain-cramping at the end of the 410....or the old dude passing the truck....or some guy chirping his tires....this madness has to stop
    507 is a road between Gooderham and Flynn's Corners, in eastern Ontario, with a large number of sweeping corners along its 35-some Km length. Ten, even five years ago it was worth the ride. Now, not so much.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    507 is a road between Gooderham and Flynn's Corners, in eastern Ontario, with a large number of sweeping corners along its 35-some Km length. Ten, even five years ago it was worth the ride. Now, not so much.
    Why isn't it worth the ride now?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Why isn't it worth the ride now?
    Too many riders who can't stay in their own lane, while trying to ride at speeds well above their skill level. Too many cottagers. Occasional police blitzes.

These days I'm more likely to load up the bike and head down to Alabama/Tennessee.

in his defense there are some roads i know that are marked at 60 km/h that I always drive thru at 80. I would easily go thru at 100 km/h but my fear of cops keeps me in check.

I'm sure my bike could easily get up to 171 in some of these areas. Granted, theres no excuse for such a speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    in his defense there are some roads i know that are marked at 60 km/h that I always drive thru at 80. I would easily go thru at 100 km/h but my fear of cops keeps me in check.

I'm sure my bike could easily get up to 171 in some of these areas. Granted, theres no excuse for such a speed.
    as crazy as it sounds....I could almost excuse 100 in a 60 as "I didn't know how fast I was going" in the types of modern machines we have now....my wife's 07 Rabbit with an inline 5cyl boogies pretty quick for not being a powerhouse

however.....171kph = 106mph....and in a full size car....were talking 12-13 second 1/4 speeds.....and you do not unconsciously hit that kinda speed....you have to push a 400hp car to go there