Last year's qualifying times for RACE. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last year's qualifying times for RACE.

donut

Re: Last year's qualifying times for RACE.

no worries. who is murf?

Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    no worries. who is murf?
    murf is another guy on the board and i remember seeing the pics of your bike last year and i think when i banged my helmet to the ground when i crashed last year the memory got skettchy LOL

ps. u gotta remember flaming me! LOL oh the good ol days of 2007, you and reciprocity pickin on the noobie lol

oh and if you do remember, i'd like a liter bike now! i hate getting passed on the straights LOL
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

donut

Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    murf is another guy on the board and i remember seeing the pics of your bike last year and i think when i banged my helmet to the ground when i crashed last year the memory got skettchy LOL

ps. u gotta remember flaming me! LOL oh the good ol days of 2007, you and reciprocity pickin on the noobie lol

oh and if you do remember, i'd like a liter bike now! i hate getting passed on the straights LOL
    i flame a lot of noob's, i dont really remember.. sorry!! LOL hope you werent offended or anything.

litre bikes are fun, sure makes passing a bit easier but they can be a real handfull when trying to put power down when you're leaned over.. i definately had a few "full-pucker" moments once my pace started pickin up.

donny has a napoleon complex, thats why he's a jerk. im just a jerk, plain and simple.

i flame a lot of noob's, i dont really remember.. sorry!! LOL hope you werent offended or anything.

litre bikes are fun, sure makes passing a bit easier but they can be a real handfull when trying to put power down when you're leaned over.. i definately had a few "full-pucker" moments once my pace started pickin up.

donny has a napoleon complex, thats why he's a jerk. im just a jerk, plain and simple.
    nope wasn't offended at all, you guys made good effort to humble a hot head as for pucker moments...on the track i haven't riddent a liter bike so i can't comment. but on the street, well let's just say i learned a couple things the scarry way. First learning don't twist the throttle open in second gear at highway speeds...u tend to see a lot of blue and need new underwear...but boy oh boy...torque is fun

I like the 600 on the track, its very managable and feels better at turn in.

ps. is ur zx10 geared? ummm...is it a wheelie machine now?
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------

donut

torque is fun

I like the 600 on the track, its very managable and feels better at turn in.

ps. is ur zx10 geared? ummm...is it a wheelie machine now?

yes, torque is fun... lots of fun.

mine is geared, -1+2 but im running a 190/55 rear instead of a 190/50 so the taller tire negates some of the gearing change. it'll still wheelie in 4th gear fairly easily.

yes, torque is fun... lots of fun.

mine is geared, -1+2 but im running a 190/55 rear instead of a 190/50 so the taller tire negates some of the gearing change. it'll still wheelie in 4th gear fairly easily.
    curious, why run the higher profile tire and gear the bike? how does that work?

ps. i dropped 1 up front and i felt the diff, now i want the rear up 2 aswell...

before i did anywork to the bike, i dynoed it, the baby made 104hp at the wheel (it's an 04 with just a slip on) so i was VERY HAPPY. now i want a little more gearing to make better use of that power.
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------

600s will teach you how to corner much better than any litre bike. i used to ride a 929 on the track and was ok-ish fast, but getting a SV and starting to pass litre bikes on the brakes was an eye-opening experience. i started going thru corners much faster b/c i knew that dropping any kind of speed thru there would penalize me heavily on the straights where 600s and 1000s would eat me alive.
    there is no bigger rush than getting passed by a 1000 on the Fabi straight and then getting right back in front on the breaks going into corner 1...
    where's the wind?!

donut

the 50 has a flatter profile than the 55. the taller rear tire helps turn in but doesnt sacrifice contact patch like running a 180/55 rear would.

the 50 has a flatter profile than the 55. the taller rear tire helps turn in but doesnt sacrifice contact patch like running a 180/55 rear would.
    AHHH!! i see
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------

Don't worry so much about lap times. Worry about getting by the guys in front of you and finishing the race. That is where the action and fun is at. I race a beat up, crappy piece of 400cc, junk and have more fun than I've ever had in my life.

G
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Don't worry so much about lap times. Worry about getting by the guys in front of you and finishing the race. That is where the action and fun is at. I race a beat up, crappy piece of 400cc junk and have more fun than I've ever had in my life.

G
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Garyola View Post
    Don't worry so much about lap times. Worry about getting by the guys in front of you and finishing the race. That is where the action and fun is at. I race a beat up, crappy piece of 400cc, junk and have more fun than I've ever had in my life.

G
    thanks i'm quite excited now

BTW. Wat classes can i or should i enter with my 2004 gixxer 600 other than Novice 600.
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------

thanks i'm quite excited now

BTW. Wat classes can i or should i enter with my 2004 gixxer 600 other than Novice 600.
    Novice Open as well, and when you are up to it you go into Amateur 600 and Amateur Superbike.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Novice Open as well, and when you are up to it you go into Amateur 600 and Amateur Superbike.
    does that mean if your at the top novice 600 you won't become an amature?

another kidna dumb question. when u have a license you seem to get access to the track cheaper, (practicee days and even qualifying) do racers get any sort of cheaper pricing on tires?
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------

depends how well you get to know the vendors and how nicely you treat them!

There is a set of criteria for getting out of Novice and into Amateur but since I stay the heck away from the 600 mayhem, I don't know what that criteria is.

400cc gives enough power for ME on the track ...

does that mean if your at the top novice 600 you won't become an amature?

another kidna dumb question. when u have a license you seem to get access to the track cheaper, (practicee days and even qualifying) do racers get any sort of cheaper pricing on tires?
    I currently in Nov.600 & Nov.Open. You can actually sign up and go right into Amateur currently the way things are set-up. I believe that all new 600 riders should start in Novice and advance when their ready. You can be moved up when you win races or when your lap times would put you in the top group in amatuer. This decision is based on the organizer and/or the starter. I should have been bumped last year but a broken wrist ended my season early..maybe this year. The more tires you buy the better the price per tire.
    You May Wheelie Me Down The Road....But I'll Stuff Ya In That Corner Every Time.......

R.A.C.E. AM #16
    S.O.A.R. Nov #16

www.puretrackdays.com

A big thanks to my sponsors: Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd., Brooklin Cycle Racing, Pure Trackdays Inc., Z1 Cycletech, Bickle Racing, Hindle Exhaust Systems, Armour Bodies, Accelerated Technologies., Don Butt Autobody, North American Decal.