Track Day rentals ..

Thread: Track Day rentals ..

Track Day rentals ..

Im looking at a few track days this year .. and was wondering is there anyone else out there who rents track bikes? ( besides turn 2)

Ill be running Shannonville a few times and trying Calabogie at least once.

Re: Track Day rentals ..

go with someone you trust and turn 2 seems to do real well. maybe even treat yourself to their top of the line race bike! i want to do it at least once this year...get a feel for it

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Im looking at a few track days this year .. and was wondering is there anyone else out there who rents track bikes? ( besides turn 2)

Ill be running Shannonville a few times and trying Calabogie at least once.
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Yeah .. im looking for alternatives than just Turn2 ..

It will get really expensive renting out their bikes .. just more than a few times over this season ..

As far as I know, there are NO Canadian alternatives to Turn 2 as they are (again, as far as I know) the first and only trackbike rental company.

Why do you need an alternative to Turn2?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    As far as I know, there are NO Canadian alternatives to Turn 2 as they are (again, as far as I know) the first and only trackbike rental company.

Why do you need an alternative to Turn2?

Just wondering if there were other companies out there that rented bikes ..
    ( for track days) ..

It's $400 ish to rent a track day from T2, .. after a few runs it becomes pretty expensive.

( for track days) ..

It's $400 ish to rent a track day from T2, .. after a few runs it becomes pretty expensive.
    Like I said... I think Turn 2 is the ONLY trackday bike rental company. The only alternative is to rent or borrow a friends track bike.

But... when you consider the fuel to get your bike to the track, the equipment needed to maintain and operate the bike for the day, and 1 set of hot sticky buns for the wheels ($350 or so)... $400 aint bad is it? This is motosports. Track riding aint cheap, but it isn't uber expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Like I said... I think Turn 2 is the ONLY trackday bike rental company. The only alternative is to rent or borrow a friends track bike.

But... when you consider the fuel to get your bike to the track, the equipment needed to maintain and operate the bike for the day, and 1 set of hot sticky buns for the wheels ($350 or so)... $400 aint bad is it? This is motosports. Track riding aint cheap, but it isn't uber expensive either.
    I agree. If you add up how much a good race prepped trackbike, tires, tire warmers, gas, transportation, a trailer, and a ton of time learning how to setup a bike. T2 is actually a fairly good option. If you want to save some dollars, get a couple buddies together and work a package deal with George. My friend rents from T2 and he just shows up, the bike is prepped, gassed, tire warmers on and ready to go. He comes in, hands the bike over, warmers back on, he chills in the shade. If he crashes, they fix the bike he hands over some cash, goes out. No staring at the bike for the rest of the day wondering where his 160 bucks went.

( for track days) ..

How much do you think a fully race prepped supersport motorcycle should cost for a day?

I think $350 - $400 isn't a bad price?

Consider the alternative --> spend $12000 on a new 600 + another $1000 - $2000 getting it race prepped, $1000 + on a trailer and all the other costs that surprise you along they way.

$400 is starting to sound like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by b.burton View Post

Consider the alternative --> spend $12000 on a new 600 + another $1000 - $2000 getting it race prepped,
    Another plug for the low cost rental.

$2000 will barely buy you a new Ohlins Shock

A low budget prep on a new racebike is going to be AT LEAST $3000 and that'll only get you bodywork, an exhaust, some rearsets and maybe a shock.

For a front line amatuer bike, you're looking at $5-$7k,

A pro level bike is going to be $8-$10k in prep work to make it competitive.

Turn 2 provides a top notch service, but if it's outside your budget, take your street bike (on a trailer or van). Ride at 75% (do NOT crash) and enjoy yourself.

After 1 season, you will buy a track bike . . . .

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

It's already been said but I'll just add another +1 for turn 2.

The cost of tires, gas, getting your bike to and form the track, after market suspension, tire warmers, bike set up etc. you're looking at well over 400/ track day when it;s all said and done.

I bought an ex race bike last year, I did just over 10 track days last season. If I were to add in the cost of the bike, cost of transporting the bike to and form the track, cost of fuel, tires, brake pads chain, sprockets etc. Suspension set up etc. It averages out to a lot more then 400/ track day. And then we're not even talking about my time to maintain the bike/ install the parts.

And before I get on the track this year I need to have the rear shock rebuild as well as the front forks.

I know you're looking for a cheaper alternative, but when you really look at the big picture, there is no cheap alternative, unless you rent some old beat up 99 CBR off your buddy for 100.00, But then you're stuck riding an old beat up bike. lol

With Turn 2, you know you're getting a great bike, properly maintianed , set up etc. No worries all day long, just go out and ride.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 03-24-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...