Any Street Fighter owners out there? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Street Fighter owners out there?

Smile Re: Any Street Fighter owners out there?

Dont forget the hula girl lolol

Re: Any Street Fighter owners out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    I'm surprised Chris isn't in here already wtih his fightered CBR.
    Here I am!!! :P

'97 cbr f3, 600rr tail, custom solo cover, belly pans, chopped hindle, etc etc...

Still some work to do, but it's finally rideable. More pics and details here http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=72764
    '97 Honda CBR 600 F3
    '04 Ford Mustang Mach 1

here's my ride...

From this:

To this:

To.....(coming soon)

Build thread:
    http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5440.0

not sure (or care) what constitutes a "true streetfighter", so i apologize to the hardcores for classifying my old bike as one. had alot of bent f2 parts lying around. slapped them together. added some f3,cbr9,r6,buick, AND custom fabrication (homemade parts!) and voila. used it as a daily driver,"b" bike,passenger rides,stunting(poor attempts at least),parts donor,....it worked much better than it looked. gotta appreciate the ingenuity people put into custom streetfighters.
    Last edited by sub4; 04-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.
    JUST RIDE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by mydaddy View Post
    Streetfighters are usually crashed and unmangled into streetfighters.

YES!!!

Streetfighters are SuperSport (not cruiser, sport-tourer, etc) bikes that have been crashed and the owner is too cheap to get replacement fairings so takes off the cracked/crushed/scraped/mangled fairings .. PRESTO! a Streetfighter is born!!!

so them z1000's and Speed Triples, etc. are NOT Streetfighers!

noelocol has a streetfighter . .maybe too much plastic remaining but it qualifys.

Just-g

OK Heres mine. And just to clarify...THIS WASN'T "UNMANGLED" INTO A STREETFIGHTER!! Where do you get off sayin somethin like that!?! I have seen SF in mags that would challenge some of the worlds best designers to make something more beautiful and perform as well! Ok ok enough with the rant...heres a pic . I CHOSE to go this route, and it actually cost me MORE to do than stock and ALOT of thinking.

And as nice as the stock "streetfighters" are, I would say they are nakeds, but with a few tweeks here and there, can be transformed into a 'fighter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1120.jpg   StreetfighterR62.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    Streetfighters are built, not bought.
    hell yea!

i streetfighter every bike i own
    Need something welded? Mild or Stainless Steel and Aluminium. PM me for quotes!

People in the UK would laugh at half the so called street fighters people think they have....It takes more then simply removing your bodywork and adding an aftermarket headlight to be considered a street fighter. A street fighter used to be a very customized bike, removing the upper fairing was only part of it....Most that I see look like they were just in a crash, and came straight from the salvage yard as is....

It seems that nowadays people crash remove the upper fairing, and that automatically makes their bike a street fighter? Buy a UK baised "street fighter" mag, and youll find many examples of true custom streetfighters.....

Have you seen this one for sale on Kijji London? Ad# 94610729

While the below is true for the most part it is a little misleading, streetfighters started in europe the same way they are becoming popular here. They weren't always the trailer queen show bikes you see in magazines these days, the scene started in europe in the very same manor as here but unfortunatly we copy everything way later then when thing originate. The origin of a streetfighter is simply what you described, crashed sportbikes that people felt no need to waste money on putting back on huge dollar factory fairings instead they saw it neccessary to improve the bike in better used areas (power, handling, general updates). Just like any other format (choppers, custom spotbikes ect..) it has steamrolled into so many different ideas and styles, for example the german style cocked up tail units. Anyway, I just had to chime in on this one since I was taught by a streetfighter guru unfortunatly he's not around anymore but his bike will leave a mark on alot of people, oh yeah SLIM it was in a magazine (streetfighter Uk I think it was).

People in the UK would laugh at half the so called street fighters people think they have....It takes more then simply removing your bodywork and adding an aftermarket headlight to be considered a street fighter. A street fighter used to be a very customized bike, removing the upper fairing was only part of it....Most that I see look like they were just in a crash, and came straight from the salvage yard as is....

It seems that nowadays people crash remove the upper fairing, and that automatically makes their bike a street fighter? Buy a UK baised "street fighter" mag, and youll find many examples of true custom streetfighters.....
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...

This is the only picture I found on my bucket, I think this is when we were tucking all the wires under the tank still or finishing up the tail we made for it (my bike mid build next to it).

Quote Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
    While the below is true for the most part it is a little misleading, streetfighters started in europe the same way they are becoming popular here. They weren't always the trailer queen show bikes you see in magazines these days, the scene started in europe in the very same manor as here but unfortunatly we copy everything way later then when thing originate. The origin of a streetfighter is simply what you described, crashed sportbikes that people felt no need to waste money on putting back on huge dollar factory fairings instead they saw it neccessary to improve the bike in better used areas (power, handling, general updates). Just like any other format (choppers, custom spotbikes ect..) it has steamrolled into so many different ideas and styles, for example the german style cocked up tail units. Anyway, I just had to chime in on this one since I was taught by a streetfighter guru unfortunatly he's not around anymore but his bike will leave a mark on alot of people, oh yeah SLIM it was in a magazine (streetfighter Uk I think it was).

Yeah well theres a big difference between what you just described, and half the so called street fighters that have nothing more then an aftermarket headlight and a spray bomb paint job....So you just proved my point even more, its not misleading.....

I can go into my shop pull out a bike, crash it destorying the upper and OEM headlight. Then install an aftermarket headlight and hit it with a spray bomb paint job in about 1/2 hr....Thats a POS not a streetfigher IMO....LOL You dont have to spend a million dollars, but you have to "improve the bike in better used areas (power, handling, general updates)" just like you said but Im not seeing in most cases...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-15-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Give it time, well maybe not. Unfortunatly we live in a piece of crap society where people believe keeping a bike completely stock and never riding it is the best way to keep a bike and not to mention buy one. It's to bad most people don't know how to install a friggin' slip-on never mind cutting off a subframe (or unbolting one on a newer bike) and fabbing up a new one to put an aftermarket F/G tail on thier bike. It'll most likely never change but I'll never stop modding my bike. By the way that's a sick little Gixxer you've got for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Yeah well theres a big difference between what you just described, and half the so called street fighters that have nothing more then an aftermarket headlight and a spray bomb paint job....So you just proved my point even more, its not misleading.....

I can go into my shop pull out a bike, crash it destorying the upper and OEM headlight. Then install an aftermarket headlight and hit it with a spray bomb paint job in about 1/2 hr....Thats a POS not a streetfigher IMO....LOL You dont have to spend a million dollars, but you have to "improve the bike in better used areas (power, handling, general updates)" just like you said but Im not seeing in most cases...
    The point I think cagedcbr is trying to make is this is how it started in europe. I good riding buddy of mine grew up in europe during the beginning of the streetfighter days. All the guys spent all the cash they had to buy the bikes. After crashing they didn't have the money to repair them. My friend told me that back in the day if your bike didn't have duct tape holding something to your bike you weren't riding hard enough. It is just like the choppers of the 70's all hacked up and crazy dangerous. That has evolved into Jesse James bikes ect. It is the same thing over here streetfighters are just getting started. I think that is going to replace the chopper over here soon.

Most streetfighters start as a POS then evolve. That is streetfightering.
    Have you seen the steps the red gixxer that cagedcbr posted pics of went through to become the sweet little machine it is today.
    Last edited by ace6061; 01-15-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

Quote Originally Posted by ace6061 View Post
    The point I think cagedcbr is trying to make is this is how it started in europe. I good riding buddy of mine grew up in europe during the beginning of the streetfighter days. All the guys spent all the cash they had to buy the bikes. After crashing they didn't have the money to repair them. My friend told me that back in the day if your bike didn't have duct tape holding something to your bike you weren't riding hard enough. It is just like the choppers of the 70's all hacked up and crazy dangerous. That has evolved into Jesse James bikes ect. It is the same thing over here streetfighters are just getting started. I think that is going to replace the chopper over here soon.

Most streetfighters start as a POS then evolve. That is streetfightering.
    Have you seen the steps the red gixxer that cagedcbr posted pics of went through to become the sweet little machine it is today.
    I understand perfectly, and you guys are kinda saying the same thing I am just differntly....Its not about how much money is spent, or about bling parts, its about working on the bike....Making parts out of other broken parts, or bolting on things you found in your shed if you dont have money for bling stuff...Its about modifying the bike, weather its free parts or big $$$$$ parts...

I just see way too many bikes with just an aftermarket headlight and nothing else being called street fighters...They dont even take the time to trim the side fairings since the upper is gone...

Heres a street fightered stunt bike I help my friend build

I hear you, all in due time though. I saw my buddy go through 4 different headlight set-ups until he was happy. I do think alot of people have the wrong idea, it is a thin line especially the streetfighter/stunt bike line.

Just-g

I agree with cagedcbr also. I hate when people use the "streetfighter" term to describe their crashed,mangled/too-cheap-to-do-it-properly POS!! My paint alone cost me almost a grand(House of Kolors) and I did ALOT of one off items to not only improve appearence but performance also. As with any project, its always on-going....but at least I can say that mine didn't start out as a POS and is even farther from that now. I consider mine a TRUE Streetfighter because every detail had alot of thought put into it and wasn't done merely because it was the cheap way! In most cases, it was the harder, more expensive way, but it all pays off in the end.

Has anyone else "streetfightered" their bike by choice and not due to cost savings?? Would love to see some pics!

The only thing I am up in the air about is the risers/straight bar set-up...not sure how much it will change the ergos, but I will at least try it this year at some point...
    Last edited by Just-g; 01-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
    I hear you, all in due time though. I saw my buddy go through 4 different headlight set-ups until he was happy. I do think alot of people have the wrong idea, it is a thin line especially the streetfighter/stunt bike line.
    Cant remember dudes name, but I sold a member here some parts and when he came to my shop....He had a really cool looking billet headlight bracket/setup, I asked where he bought it and he said "I made it myself" I was impressed! Then the cops rolled up and started hassling us, but thats another story...LOL

i think we scared him away he probly sold his bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    I think I have the coolest...the real streetfighter..lol.`
    Heard the new Buells kick butt.
    Couple of bikes here and there...