Any Street Fighter owners out there? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Street Fighter owners out there?

Re: Any Street Fighter owners out there?

why is everyone so hung-up on the term 'streetfighter'?

it's like asking "Anyone here own a cool motorcycle"?

"Cool motorcycles are made, not bought." ... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    why is everyone so hung-up on the term 'streetfighter'?

it's like asking "Anyone here own a cool motorcycle"?

"Cool motorcycles are made, not bought." ... etc.
    I agree.. I think anyone can call any bike whatever the hell they want. As long as it lets them ride, and looks good to the owner.. who cares!?

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

ok i know im going to get some heat for this one from somebody but im a very big fan of the euro scene
    Cafe racers; usually 50`s european motorcycles stripped to the bare minimums to go as fast as possible fron one point to another (Cafe to Cafe, hence the name) if you could not break the "TON" (100 mph) you were not a cafe racer
    Street fighter; similar to a Cafe race but using modern bike stripper of all but the essentials and to get from one place to another as fast as possible usually without regards to any laws or other raod users, hense the term hoolagans when describing the people who ride these machines.
    also usually made to look as mean as possible to "fight the streets"

in my opinion this does not mean a bike just stripped of a fairing and some dude with a mohawk glued to his lid.... its an attitude not just a look im in the prosess of finishing an 85 rz 350 which will include body parts from honda and from a later model yamaha, usd forks suzuki banana swing arm, ect ect and
    i am also,(just to prove that it dosent have to be an ss) building a custom stunt/street fighter scooter, motor tweeked to the nines, body mods to the point of not even know what brand it is, motocross bars, ect, ect

these vehicles are built with the attitude of the owner deep with in the heart of the bike and every mod is essential signed with the builders blood sweat and tears
    And yes that is Curious George on the fork.... always ride with a buddy

Chach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n120801441_38239640_2933.jpg  
    Last edited by chach; 12-14-2009 at 07:05 PM.

I think bzd owns one.
    Motorcycles... because life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey.

Iv'e got 2 SV650's and one is in the process of becoming a fighter now.
    2004 SV650S
    2005 SV650

Always to be there with us

Just-g

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    ok i know im going to get some heat for this one from somebody but im a very big fan of the euro scene
    Cafe racers; usually 50`s european motorcycles stripped to the bare minimums to go as fast as possible fron one point to another (Cafe to Cafe, hence the name) if you could not break the "TON" (100 mph) you were not a cafe racer
    Street fighter; similar to a Cafe race but using modern bike stripper of all but the essentials and to get from one place to another as fast as possible usually without regards to any laws or other raod users, hense the term hoolagans when describing the people who ride these machines.
    also usually made to look as mean as possible to "fight the streets"

in my opinion this does not mean a bike just stripped of a fairing and some dude with a mohawk glued to his lid.... its an attitude not just a look im in the prosess of finishing an 85 rz 350 which will include body parts from honda and from a later model yamaha, usd forks suzuki banana swing arm, ect ect and
    i am also,(just to prove that it dosent have to be an ss) building a custom stunt/street fighter scooter, motor tweeked to the nines, body mods to the point of not even know what brand it is, motocross bars, ect, ect

these vehicles are built with the attitude of the owner deep with in the heart of the bike and every mod is essential signed with the builders blood sweat and tears
    And yes that is Curious George on the fork.... always ride with a buddy

Chach

Pretty much sums up what I did with mine. Strictly bare minimum. No T/S, no mirrors, no switches on the bars, loud, menacing, straight to the point. To get from point A to point B as fast as possible.

Do you got pics of your scooter? I have seen some sick scooters in a mag and online. Don't know why its not bigger here?

Last edited by Just-g; 01-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Just-g

Just found a pic of my streetfighter pocket bike...thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by Just-g View Post
    Pretty much sums up what I did with mine. Strictly bare minimum. No T/S, no mirrors, no switches on the bars, loud, menacing, straight to the point. To get from point A to point B as fast as possible.

Do you got pics of your scooter? I have seen some sick scooters in a mag and online. Don't know why its not bigger here?
    well as for the bare minimums... i hit a phone pole head on with it (after i street fightered it) and in the process the vinal and fome came of the seat so once i could ride again i started riding it with just a hard plastic seat pan (which is white on a black bike) and i find it quite comfy and i can feel the road under me, and i have probably but on 10,000 km on that seat....

no pics of the scoot yet i have the motor ripped apart to price it out and soon ill be in the process of raping that poor scoot until even the factory cant tell that the at one point had made it

I've got this one

2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR250 - sold
    1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600
    1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
    1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
    1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

this is a cool looking v-max......

That was mine, sold it before the winter hit. Did lots of stuff to it. Here was the "build thread"

That was a picture I took when I thought I was happy and finished, but ended up adding front SS brake lines, removed the spedo and just used my GPS, used a Sapporo beer can as my overflow.

This was all a result of getting hit, but I was happy with the bike. A little less comfy on those longer rides as I am a bigger guy (picture here of rider position) mainly because with the new clipsons I put on it droped the reach about a inch.

Stuff that was done ;
    - new Vortex 46MM clipons.
    - cut down the fairings into the belly pan
    - dual 4" headlight kit with turn signals
    - custom shorty levers
    - removed and replaced the stock rad overflow can
    - CRG LS bar end mirrors
    - CF 1 piece front fender
    - cut the Yosh RS-3 can down.
    - Galfer SS brake lines

gee I miss that bike I still rode it hard and lots
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 12-31-2009 at 07:32 PM.