Leafs... Too Little Too Late?

Thread: Leafs... Too Little Too Late?

Leafs... Too Little Too Late?

Great game last night, but i believe they have to go 8-3 in the remaining games to have a shot.

They play Philly three times and buffalo twice....

not looking very good..

Re: Leafs... Too Little Too Late?

Just like lastyear and the year before that. Why do they wait until so late to have a surge.
    I stopped watching them earlier this year because well they sucked........
    Watched the last few and their passes are on the money, they are playing more pysical and toskala has been outstanding.
    It will be too late though for these guys yet again.
    Gary

we need to loose all the games so we can get a good draft

even if we make it in, you're out first round, and the organization will pat itself on its back rather than say "we suck"

They aren't going to make it. Sorry im a leaf fan and I want to see a cup here but im a flyer fan and going to the game tues to watch them beat up the leafs. They always seem to play better at the end of the year as gcrouse said, and it just seems to get fans thinking about next year and think they have a shot again. Fingolfin is right and that's what ive been saying. Either you win and get in or you loose to get a good draft pick. There are to many teams just ahead of the leafs that even if they win the majority of their games they need to much help to get in. If the guys who have no trade clauses would have waived them we could have got some good young talent to start our rebuild...which we have to do before it gets better...but it's completly their right not to leave. Stupid management shouldn't have given out so many no trades to average overpaid players. aka mccabe and kubina. both horrible.

Here is hoping the leafs make the playoffs so they can atleast get rid of one of their no trade clause players....

Kubina's no trade clause is null in void if they do not make it to the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Here is hoping the leafs make the playoffs so they can atleast get rid of one of their no trade clause players....

Kubina's no trade clause is null in void if they do not make it to the playoffs...

Isn't it good that they don't make it? Then his no trade clause is waived right or did I get it backwards and you have it right.

If they finish last or close to last they can get into the stamkos lottery which in my opinion is much better then worry about a no trade clause.

I saw a commercial for Gatorade for the first time tonight.
    It had Sid the Kid in a shoot out against the Leafs.
    He scored and it looked like the Pens won.
    The Leafs can't even win in fiction!

Toronto WILL win the Cup this year, guaranteed!

too bad it will require Mike Myers and a multi-million dollar hollywood movie to do it

Andrew - Scarberia

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Isn't it good that they don't make it? Then his no trade clause is waived right or did I get it backwards and you have it right.

If they finish last or close to last they can get into the stamkos lottery which in my opinion is much better then worry about a no trade clause.
    We both have it right... if they do not make the playoffs... Kubina can be traded.

They are too late for the Stamkos lottery, they would have had to start the lossing streak about 5 games ago....

We both have it right... if they do not make the playoffs... Kubina can be traded.

They are too late for the Stamkos lottery, they would have had to start the lossing streak about 5 games ago....

I thought that they were to far away as well with how good they were doing before but with sundin out and antropov for at least tonight (hopefully longer) they are in seventh last. if we loose a lot over the end of the season maybe we can squeak in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    I thought that they were to far away as well with how good they were doing before but with sundin out and antropov for at least tonight (hopefully longer) they are in seventh last. if we loose a lot over the end of the season maybe we can squeak in there.
    Well they won again last night.... thank god for Toskila's sake (man that goal was ugly....)

So no Stamkos for us....

Well they won again last night.... thank god for Toskila's sake (man that goal was ugly....)

So no Stamkos for us....
    I only saw the first two periods and i thought that goal was going to be the only one. what a joke that was.