Potholes in Toronto

Thread: Potholes in Toronto

Potholes in Toronto

Just a thought,

A lot of people here are really anxious to go out and ride. Many of them are citing either the weather or the salt on the roads as the barrier from going out and riding. What about the potholes? They won't be patched up until June I figure. I'm kind of glad my bike won't be delivered until mid the summer if I'm lucky otherwise I would most likely be out there taking my chances aswell.

Re: Potholes in Toronto

yea the potholes are dirty, and seem to be really bad along the 400-401 this year.......... if the sand and salt is cleared up as long as your alert and ready you can spot them and swerve around.....

A very good point none the less, be safe out there and watch for potholes and trenches in between lanes....

Scotian_Lotion

Go for a drive on the 401 east bound between Cambridge and Milton.

They finally graded it down last week... before that some of them would swallow a semi. Cars were stopping dead on the 401 to drive over them like they were speed bumps in a parking lot.

I know the 403 QEW and the roads in around Burlington atleast have been getting patched, a quick fix until these damn thaw and freeze cycles end :S I hate snow and im so anxious to go out and ride

Quote Originally Posted by DarylMac View Post
    I know the 403 QEW and the roads in around Burlington atleast have been getting patched, a quick fix until these damn thaw and freeze cycles end :S I hate snow and im so anxious to go out and ride
    I'm with you, this is also my area, and these pot holes are my greatest concern now, the ones in the highways are bad 403/QEW, but the ones in the back roads (my favorite route) are even worse, I commute from Mississauga to Burlington and I like to ride along upper middle and then take the 6th or Tremaine rd south to dundas. I will have to be extra careful until they get these ph fixed. Last year I went trough a pretty bad one on upper middle that wasn't there the day before, resulting on a badly sprain wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I commute from Mississauga to Burlington and I like to ride along upper middle and then take the 6th or Tremaine rd south to dundas.
    upper middle is south of dundas so just wondering how you take 6th or tremaine south onto dundas from upper middle? also tremaine doesn't go any further south then dundas.

I went to my dads in kitchener last week and on the 401 west past hwy 6 was crazy. i counted 37 potholes in 6km. just in the slowlane. if your in the fast lane there is non really.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    upper middle is south of dundas so just wondering how you take 6th or tremaine south onto dundas from upper middle? also tremaine doesn't go any further south then dundas.
    ATTS you're absolutly right, I was acctually thinking of Lower Base Line and not upper middle rd, I had the wires baddly crossed when I wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    ATTS you're absolutly right, I was acctually thinking of Lower Base Line and not upper middle rd, I had the wires baddly crossed when I wrote that.
    That's what I thought just wanted to make sure I wasn't reading it right, Lower Base has a couple good spots to ride as long as the potholes aren't that bad once the snows melted

Potholes just add to the early spring excitement

indeed , stay in touch ATTS, I also live in Mississauga/Streetsville area. 100 mts from nofrills creditview/bristol intersection.