The only good thing about winter

Thread: The only good thing about winter

The only good thing about winter

.. well the end of winter because I've been stranded all winter.. is that I finally got a credit card so I can set my bike up.. I bought a fembo (fake brembo from thailand) which is on the way.. I got an ez pull clutch lever, I've got 15 / 53 gearing on the way.. and i'll probably be painting my bike and hopefully throwing my dented tank on ASAP. the bikes gonna be set up decently this season so I can step my game up.. anyone else blowing tons of cash this winter on bike parts?

EDIT:
    also GP tech adapter so i can run my HB lol
    Last edited by Adam134; 03-05-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Re: The only good thing about winter

brembo 16x18 300
    brembo 19x20 ??? present
    probably 200 dollars worth of braided line and fittings
    New Cage 400
    100 for plastics
    around 100 for paint and clear coat
    and a few hours
    so yeah i could say i spent a bit this winter

ah yeah
    i also changed my throttle cables, and did a kleen air mod but that didnt cost much

For the HB why dont u grab the adapter from Johnny?

if i had of known he made adapters i would have but my GP tech is already in the mail

What bike is the adaptor for? I make adaptors that have to be welded on, I dont trust the adaptors that bolt on wiht one bolt. Those leak under pressure and then your HB is constantly going soft on you as air gets in through the leaky adaptor...

I cant believe you actully bought a "bait and switch" knock off Brembo product, I know I wouldnt trust that as my HB. Id rather have a OEM master, at least you know the quailty if proven and its not going to crap out on you when you need it...Let us know how that works out thou, Ive only heard bad things....Someone on Stuntlife said they bought one unknowingly and it didnt even work at all...

Fembo =

ya I guess we'll see how it works out I was told by people on stuntlife that they had them and they werent too bad so I figured I would risk it, I'm on a budget for the F4 unfortunately being a student doesnt give me much budget for the best ****

Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    ya I guess we'll see how it works out I was told by people on stuntlife that they had them and they werent too bad so I figured I would risk it, I'm on a budget for the F4 unfortunately being a student doesnt give me much budget for the best ****
    I hear ya but the worst thing for someone on a budget, is to waste money on crappy stuff. So I hope those are decent and work well for you, but the bait and switch tactic of selling them as Brembo makes me think bad thoughts

im gonna do alot of testing on 2 wheels with it before i go up on 1 with it cause thats the last thing i need is it failing when I'm tryin to get used to using it. If all else fails and its bad I'll cut my losses and pick up a 636 radial or something.. better to be safe with lighter pockets as opposed to cheap and in the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    im gonna do alot of testing on 2 wheels with it before i go up on 1 with it cause thats the last thing i need is it failing when I'm tryin to get used to using it. If all else fails and its bad I'll cut my losses and pick up a 636 radial or something.. better to be safe with lighter pockets as opposed to cheap and in the hospital
    Post some feedback when you get it set up....