Looking at getting a suit, some Qs - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at getting a suit, some Qs

Toronto 2007 GSXR 600 (Street) 2004 GSXR 600 (Track)

Re: Looking at getting a suit, some Qs

This might be a stupid question; at a track day what do you guys wear under your 1pc suit? Jogging pants, shorts, jeans?????? I'm planning on getting a 1pc and was wondering what I should wear to try it on for fitment.

depends on the day... sometimes thermal underwear... sometimes shorts or bike shorts... sometimes just boxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaneom View Post
    This might be a stupid question; at a track day what do you guys wear under your 1pc suit? Jogging pants, shorts, jeans?????? I'm planning on getting a 1pc and was wondering what I should wear to try it on for fitment.
    P.U.G. from rider's choice. it's fitted, engineered fabric that keeps you dry and and cool! about a 100 bucks or so but worth every penny!
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Try Nexo they have some good stuff for a fair price imho

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Try Nexo they have some good stuff for a fair price imho
    What's a "Nexo"?
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

RR Rudebwoy

Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    P.U.G. from rider's choice. it's fitted, engineered fabric that keeps you dry and and cool! about a 100 bucks or so but worth every penny!
    +1 on the PUG stuff. Any moisture wicking clothing (Nike dry fit etc) is better than cotton as you will sweat buckets on a hot day and cotton just stays wet. They also help you slide in and out of your leathers which is a blessing you wouldn't believe if you take your suit off between sessions.

To maximize glide and minimize chaffing, go long sleeve and long pants .

Quote Originally Posted by Phaneom View Post

Don't listen to the last guy that posted, he's only interested in feeling sexy in his underwear.

It's definitely a good idea to have a look at the stuff RC sells or walk into any outdoor gear store and pick up some under gear. I use Helly Hansen summer undergear and also have a new set of Under Armour that I may use this year. both do the same thing and that is keep the moisture off your body without feeling overly damp. If you're a fat bastard, get these in black, they slim down your silhouette so the ladies like what they see.. Oooh Yeah..

Helly Top
    Helly Bottom

Under Armour Heat Gear Top
    Under Armour Heat Gear Bottom
    Previous: 93 CBR600, 97 900RR, 01 F4i, 00 RC51, 03 Jazz, 03 ZX6R, 08 600RR
    Current: 03 RC51

I picked up a Moto GP suit for about 812 cdn in the States last year. I thionk it is a great suit. The hump on the back is a considerable difference as far as head shake goes. For me to notice a difference is a big thing.

I do fell a bit stupid riding around on the street and it can get hot in the summer when sitting still but cools off nicely while riding.

This year will be my first trying out the track aside from F.A.S.T last year and I did not have the suit then. On that day I just wore my cycling shorts and a dryfit nike t-shirt.

For my new suit I bought a long sleeve nike dry fit to wear (winners $25) as last year I had trouble getting out of the suit when sweating.

Looking forward to this year already as long as I do not crash my baby my first time on the track. Do not have a lot of spare funds for repairs and the wife already told me if I crash it and that does not kill me she will.
    It's hard to make the turn when your staring at the ditch

i wear my ski sweat wicking under shirt and pants... very thin and work very well. plus, it's waaay cheaper than the motorcycle-only stuff.
    where's the wind?!

Well, I just ordered my A* MX-1 ( I know everyone was at their PC feverishly hitting refresh for this update). Personal preference aside, it was a good deal on close out.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

NICE!!!

:P

how much, if you don't mind asking?
    where's the wind?!

I have seen a guy with just a thong under his suit at our days (I am NOT naming names!) so maybe its worth giving a try? lol
    I have a custom Nexo suit on its way and I am really excited about it! Great quality for a very reasonable price.

$801 Can to my door. Factor that I sold a bunch of spare Fiat parts on ebay, and I'm only out of pocket $425 It's a little more than say the Vector which can be had for $630 shipped, but at the same time I was considering something from Komodo, but they were pricier(sp) and looked bulky, although there's no denying their protection. Maybe next time.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Very true - an example that the argument that "all suits are equal regardless of price" is not valid.

You get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    What's a "Nexo"?
    There brand is being sold out of Pannon moto sports a advertiser on this site, good quility suits ,jackets,etc for very good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    You get what you pay for
    Not always, I bought an off the shelf suit that was complete garbage for a 1000 bucks and you can order a custom suit for a few hundred bucks more than that.

RR Rudebwoy

Quote Originally Posted by chindian View Post
    Don't listen to the last guy that posted, he's only interested in feeling sexy in his underwear.

[/url]
    Whatever dude, I saw you eyein me up in my PUGS when I was changing... Sick bastid!!