1000s as stunt bikes...

Thread: 1000s as stunt bikes...

1000s as stunt bikes...

i was just wondering what people in the know think of thou's as stunt bikes... i would think they would be good... but a person i was talking to in the states said that thousands are sh*t for stunting...

maybe JohnnyP could let me know... or any other serious stunter for that matter...

Re: 1000s as stunt bikes...

Quote Originally Posted by ralentiovossi View Post
    i was just wondering what people in the know think of thou's as stunt bikes... i would think they would be good... but a person i was talking to in the states said that thousands are sh*t for stunting...

maybe JohnnyP could let me know... or any other serious stunter for that matter...
    If by stunting you mean new school slow **** and not high speed power wheelies on the highway, then your buddy in the states is right....1000's arent the best choice for "stunting' you can use them but they are not the best choice....

I've heard a lot of negative responses everytime that was asked..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    If by stunting you mean new school slow **** and not high speed power wheelies on the highway, then your buddy in the states is right....1000's arent the best choice for "stunting' you can use them but they are not the best choice....
    im sorry... i should have been more specific... i did mean the more technical stuff like slow speed wheelies...

why specifically are they not good for that particular application???

Quote Originally Posted by ralentiovossi View Post
    im sorry... i should have been more specific... i did mean the more technical stuff like slow speed wheelies...

why specifically are they not good for that particular application???
    Heavy and the throttle control gets really choppy when you gear them....Its just harder to keep the 1000's in control, and harder to manipulate the bike with your body weight...

I can hop on pretty much any 600cc stuntbike and turn a few circles on it pretty fast, a 1000 Id need alot more time with the bike to be able to do anything on it...Even the 750's are in the middle too, not as good as a 600 but not as bad as a 1000 but still alot of bike for stunting...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Heavy and the throttle control gets really choppy when you gear them....Its just harder to keep the 1000's in control, and harder to manipulate the bike with your body weight...

I can hop on pretty much any 600cc stuntbike and turn a few circles on it pretty fast, a 1000 Id need alot more time with the bike to be able to do anything on it...Even the 750's are in the middle too, not as good as a 600 but not as bad as a 1000 but still alot of bike for stunting...
    i thank you kindly for the explination...