Board Member J2

Thread: Board Member J2

Board Member J2

I’d just like to give a huge thumbs up to a guy on this board that goes by the name of J2.

This guy was a factory Yamaha mechanic, worked for Hailwood, Agostini, Sheen, and Schwantz and also did a lot of the Yamaha Racing Research and Development with Dr. Gordon Blair at Queens University in Belfast.

He just completed rebuilding a TZ350G motor for me from a mangled pile of parts, and machined a lot of new parts like rods, a shift drum and shift forks from scratch. He also replaced all those nasty metal to metal contact points like the shift shaft and shift drum with Blue Nylatrol GSM. The difference is amazing. He’s rebuilding the front forks using the same thing.

He specialized in two strokes, doesn’t deal with 4’s much, so if you have one and need top quality work done PM him.

A word of caution though, he is very very busy. He has clients from the AHRMA, VMCC and VRRA. I had to wait about 4 months to get work done but he works alone and you’re guaranteed that he’s the guy turning the wrench, or the clutch basket, what ever the case may be.

It’s nice to run into guys like this. He’s probably forgotten more that the rest of us on this board will ever know…..
    I'm too old for this

Re: Board Member J2

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    I’d just like to give a huge thumbs up to a guy on this board that goes by the name of J2.

This guy was a factory Yamaha mechanic, worked for Hailwood, Agostini, Sheen, and Schwantz and also did a lot of the Yamaha Racing Research and Development with Dr. Gordon Blair at Queens University in Belfast.

He just completed rebuilding a TZ350G motor for me from a mangled pile of parts, and machined a lot of new parts like rods, a shift drum and shift forks from scratch. He also replaced all those nasty metal to metal contact points like the shift shaft and shift drum with Blue Nylatrol GSM. The difference is amazing. He’s rebuilding the front forks using the same thing.

He specialized in two strokes, doesn’t deal with 4’s much, so if you have one and need top quality work done PM him.

A word of caution though, he is very very busy. He has clients from the AHRMA, VMCC and VRRA. I had to wait about 4 months to get work done but he works alone and you’re guaranteed that he’s the guy turning the wrench, or the clutch basket, what ever the case may be.

It’s nice to run into guys like this. He’s probably forgotten more that the rest of us on this board will ever know…..
    I think this may be more approperiate in the reviews section, perhaps a Mod can move it.

First class guy and he's been around. Will give you straight answers with absoloutly no Bull.

He rebuilt and blueprinted my RZ500 a few years ago - crank, undercut dogs, replaced the shift drum mounts with needle bearings and did a port. Its putting out 17 Hp over stock, and thats dynoed at the rear wheel.

As mention above, he's a busy guy, but thats a good sign.