Does your trackday need tire service? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your trackday need tire service?

Re: Does your trackday need tire service?

Quote Originally Posted by Bezean View Post
    What do you think you will charge per wheel? Just curious...
    If I'm selling tires (still working on that), then it will be free or included in the price sort of thing. Otherwise, not sure. Probably something like $19/tire or $35/pair. Is that fair?

Not sure how all this will play out. I may just start out doing it for people I know for beer and take it from there as this is not my "job", just a fun little sideline to my own track addiction

Just my $0.02 I can get my tires mounted and rimmed for 40 bux at my local shop if I bring them the rim. Pro6 charges 10 bux a tire I believe. But, I think I would pay 10-15 on site if it meant getting a couple more sessions in.

Quote Originally Posted by TBK View Post
    Just my $0.02 I can get my tires mounted and rimmed for 40 bux at my local shop if I bring them the rim. Pro6 charges 10 bux a tire I believe. But, I think I would pay 10-15 on site if it meant getting a couple more sessions in.
    Yeah, if I am at the track for the whole day just to do tire changes, then the volume alone would hopefully allow me to do it for a bit less and still make it worth my while/gas/time/expenses/etc.

If I am at the track to ride and I bring along the changer "just in case", then I would probably have to charge a bit more especially if I am going to miss a session myelf in oder that someone have safe tires to ride on for the rest of the day. It will all work out as time goes on, but for sure the price will be competitive.