CRG Levers - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CRG Levers

Re: CRG Levers

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    How would you make your levers different?

Did Michelin copy Pirelli with the dual compound tire or is it the other way around?

As a customer it is good to have choices based on your requirements.
    Best of luck to a CANADIAN company.
    You make no sense, tires are all made out of rubber yes but does everyone share the same tread pattern? NO! Do you think a big name like Pirelli or Michelin would dare copy someone elses tread pattern 100%........

All levers are made out of billet aluminum but they dont have to share the exact same design and machining. How make them differnt? Easy dont copy them 100% change something even slightly to give it your own look...

If you actually compare the 2 levers you can tell that Pazzo bought a CRG lever, and copied the design almost to a tee....They didnt even bother to change anything to give it a unique look, instead of 3 pockets they did 3 throguh holes but the numbers, tabs, and overall lever shape is the exact same 100% copy...

Vortex started making these kind of levers too, and they at least designed something totally differnt. They are ****** IMO but I give them respect for not copying and actually comming out with something differnt

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    If you dont push the lever forward everytime before makin an adjustment on the Pazzo, the 2 anodized aluminum surfaces wear away at eachother...Where with the ball bearing its smoother and doesnt wear...Not a biggie but I notice the small things, and can appreciate the thought put into the design. And because of that the slightly higher price is justified....

thanks JohnnyP636. Nice attention to detail. Useful for Pazzo owners and new buyers.

I'd have bought CRG if I'd known about the bearings.
    Last edited by johnp; 02-22-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    You make no sense, tires are all made out of rubber yes but does everyone share the same tread pattern? NO! Do you think a big name like Pirelli or Michelin would dare copy someone elses tread pattern 100%........

All levers are made out of billet aluminum but they dont have to share the exact same design and machining. How make them differnt? Easy dont copy them 100% change something even slightly to give it your own look...

If you actually compare the 2 levers you can tell that Pazzo bought a CRG lever, and copied the design almost to a tee....They didnt even bother to change anything to give it a unique look, instead of 3 pockets they did 3 throguh holes but the numbers, tabs, and overall lever shape is the exact same 100% copy...

Vortex started making these kind of levers too, and they at least designed something totally differnt. They are ****** IMO but I give them respect for not copying and actually comming out with something differnt
    YES! As I was told by the owner of possibly the largest wheel and tire shop in the GTA. I did see the 2 tires side by side also. Pirelli copied Falken's tread pattern for car tires.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    What an ignorant comment. And I guess Japanese manufacturers have been making cheapo reproductions of the 916 for years.

Soooo indignant, (all-the-time).....

As a true Ducatisti you should know that Tamburini was greatly inspired by the Honda NR750, (as previously mentioned), with its single-sided swingarm, distinctive headlights and undertail exhaust.

And other than Suzuki's early TL1000S, I don't think the Japanese ever tried to "copy" the 916's styling, (--unlike Pazzo who so shamelessly & comprehensively copied CRG's design). In fact, today's bikes look utterly different, (ie. current crop of litrebikes). Which is a shame because the original 916 design still looks "fresh" to this day, (-as long as the bike's lucky owner hasn't gooned it up with too many tacky carbon-fiber accents), IMO.

As far as the Pazzo vs. CRG debate goes---> you get what you pay for. Plain and simple.

I have never read such immature delinquency before in my life. I like to remind you I carry both CRG and Pazzo and for the most part my customers want the Pazzo. You’re not insulting me or my business just my customers in fact your comments have generated 5 pazzo set orders for me in the last 24 hour for that I am grateful.

Honestly what have I have got to be to be sour about life is great. the only people that seem sour are you with your constant attacks and passive aggressive behaviour it is rather childish and it doesn't make me look bad at all in fact you are helping me

I have never read such immature delinquency before in my life. I like to remind you I carry both CRG and Pazzo and for the most part my customers want the Pazzo. You’re not insulting me or my business just my customers in fact your comments have generated 5 pazzo set orders for me in the last 24 hour for that I am grateful.

Honestly what have I have got to be to be sour about life is great. the only people that seem sour are you with your constant attacks and passive aggressive behaviour it is rather childish and it doesn't make me look bad at all in fact you are helping me

Amen. Expect an order for PAZZOs very soon. Thanks.
    '05 Z1000

I have never read such immature delinquency before in my life.
    Oh, the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz
    I like to remind you I carry both CRG and Pazzo and for the most part my customers want the Pazzo.
    Couldn't care less. I thought the debate was concerning whether or not Pazzo's were blatant copies of CRG's. I was also addressing your flawed 916 argument.

You’re not insulting me or my business just my customers in fact your comments have generated 5 pazzo set orders for me in the last 24 hour for that I am grateful.
    It's all about you, isn't it? You're the centre of the universe, you are... BTW, no one is insulting your customers, (-where do you come up with this stuff?). Everyone buys what makes them happy.

Whenever someone states a contrary opinion, you consider it an attack. Talk about childish... Instead of trying to debate the issues you start crying.

Whatever, I still contend that Pazzo's are inferior knock-offs of CRGs. Big deal. Get over it, (and yourself).

BTW, congratulations on not editing your post....(that's been a bad habit of yours for a while now).

cant we all just put the differences aside? theres no point in having an argument. everyone has thier own and entitled to opinions so respect it...just agree to disagree...whats the price on the pazzos

Also with the strong dollar I can now offer them for $189.00 a set. For those wanting CRG I would indeed encourage them to go to Riders Choice.
    Here Gixer01,
    I don't know if this includes shipping and tax.You'd have to ask Simon.
    Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo62 View Post
    Here Gixer01,
    I don't know if this includes shipping and tax.You'd have to ask Simon.
    Hope so, I can get 'em for $150 in the US, and most sellers on EBay sell them for $159.99, shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXStone View Post
    Who the hell cares if its a complete copy - buy the more expensive ones if you're so passionate about it. Its called a free market - anyone can make a copy of anything, maybe CRG should have patented their design. I'm getting pazzos myself this year, I could care less if they are a copy because they are a damn good copy and better than stock levers.
    I think there have been plenty of law suits for companies copying other designs. The Chinese do this an amazing amount but they don't play by the rules. Where are these levers made?

Yours To Discover. New Techno Old School Retro. The Yamaha FZ1.

Hey Eguy30,
    If these pics are of your bike then we are a minority as you would know. I'm glad you posted your pics as i am also considering stabalizers. How are the Ohlins? I was offered a set off a 2007 R1 but they're not adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy30 View Post
    The CRG's didn't help with the stiff pull. The problem is the wicked bend that the clutch cable has... the best fix is to buy a new clutch cable every once-and-a-long-while.

BTW, I love my CRG's. I'm not usually into the whole "bling" thing....but for these levers I made an exception.... (cost is about $100.00 per lever-go to Rider's Choice).

Stupid question.......what's the purpose of replacing the levers? And can someone explain how you can make a lever more comfortable? And why does it adjust?, does it change the friction point or something? (I know the stock on does too but if I don't know about it I don't touch it.)
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    Stupid question.......what's the purpose of replacing the levers? And can someone explain how you can make a lever more comfortable? And why does it adjust?, does it change the friction point or something? (I know the stock on does too but if I don't know about it I don't touch it.)
    The pazzo levers and CRG levers are thicker and have a slightly different bend to them. The thickness alone makes them more comfortable on longer rides and during stop and go traffic, and for some reason they make pulling the clutch easier (could be because of the bend, not sure). Given all that, they are an expensive accessory that improves something you normally don't give a second thought to on a GSXR.
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

Quote Originally Posted by GSXStone View Post
    The pazzo levers and CRG levers are thicker and have a slightly different bend to them. The thickness alone makes them more comfortable on longer rides and during stop and go traffic, and for some reason they make pulling the clutch easier (could be because of the bend, not sure). Given all that, they are an expensive accessory that improves something you normally don't give a second thought to on a GSXR.
    ironically enough, i'd change them on a gixxer in a heartbeat. if you want to see the difference, go to RC and take a look. they're much easier to grab and pull, plus the feel is better.
    where's the wind?!

My bike came with adjustable levers.
    It changes the reach and the action point.
    I'm not sure if these are the same principle but if they are it's nice to be able to adjust on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trini2Dbone View Post
    Hey Eguy30,
    If these pics are of your bike then we are a minority as you would know. I'm glad you posted your pics as i am also considering stabalizers. How are the Ohlins? I was offered a set off a 2007 R1 but they're not adjustable.
    Yep, this is my bike--I picked it up new in '02. Other than a rod-bearing failure, the FZ has served me well....

To answer your question, I believe you simply cannot go wrong with Ohlins. I highly recommend their products. I don't think a steering-damper is absolutely necessary with the soft stock suspension for street-riding, but if you increase power and make the suspension a bit stiffer a damper cannot hurt, (--my bike has a full Muzzy system with Ivan's MB jet-kit and I'll be installing ported intake boots for an additional 5hp, too).

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    There are 3 reasons to replace the stock levers with CRG's:

1) Bling-factor, (these things are very nicely made),

2) Crash-worthiness, (CRG's have an indent so that if the bike goes down, only the end of the lever breaks off), and...

3) Adjustability, (ratchet mechanism brings the lever closer to the bar or farther from the bar).

It's also like the original post said - once you try them you'll know that you'll never ride a bike without them. The difference in feel is that much better IMO.
    '05 Z1000

Yeah they're really nice, I got home from work today and what a pleasant surprise my CRG's arrived!! I tried to be somewhat financially responsible about it and left the stock ones on there for a year but I eventually broke down...