CRG Levers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CRG Levers

Smile CRG Levers

Currently running a set of the CRG Roll-A-Click levers I picked up at Rider's Choice on my FZ1. If a year ago someone told me I would spend that kind of money on levers I would have said they were nuts. Have to admit I am totally amazed at the difference they make to comfort and feel over the stock levers. The fit and finish are excellent, installation takes minutes and I can ride all day with no hand cramping or fatigue. They look good and are available in different finishes. I totally recommend everybody make the switch and feel a major difference.
    Last edited by dougw; 02-20-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Yours To Discover. New Techno Old School Retro. The Yamaha FZ1.

Re: CRG Levers

Hey dougw,
    what generation FZ1, any pics and how much did it cost you? I might be interested; (I recently commented to a fellow GTAM rider I felt my clutch lever is stiffer than most and today he pointed me to your thread. Thanks DJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougw View Post
    Currently running a set of the CRG Roll-A-Click levers I picked up at Rider's Choice on my FZ1. If a year ago someone told me I would spend that kind of money on levers I would have said they were nuts. Have to admit I am totally amazed at the difference they make to comfort and feel over the stock levers. The fit and finish are excellent, installation takes minutes and I can ride all day with no hand cramping or fatigue. They look good and are available in different finishes. I totally recommend everybody make the switch and feel a major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trini2Dbone View Post
    Hey dougw,
    what generation FZ1, any pics and how much did it cost you? I might be interested; (I recently commented to a fellow GTAM rider I felt my clutch lever is stiffer than most and today he pointed me to your thread. Thanks DJ)
    The CRG's didn't help with the stiff pull. The problem is the wicked bend that the clutch cable has... the best fix is to buy a new clutch cable every once-and-a-long-while.

BTW, I love my CRG's. I'm not usually into the whole "bling" thing....but for these levers I made an exception.... (cost is about $100.00 per lever-go to Rider's Choice).

I saw knockoff CRG levers for $150 at the Indy dealer show - I couldn't tell the difference between them and CRG
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

You mean pazzos, pretty sad isn't it when someone lacks 1 ounce of originality they have to outright steal someone elses ideas.

Toastman you may be refering to a brand called Click-And-Roll,
    original isn't it, they are selling levers almost identical to CRG, They are almost identical but the price point is very close to the Pazzo and CRG. Oh and buy the way I carry Pazzo and also started a dealer account to carry CRG over 2 years ago. I have only ever ordered two pairs of CRG as there is no point the Pazzo levers are just as good and at a better price point. The CRG levers are beautiful and Riders Choice is the place to go for them for sure but the Pazzo product is also comparable.

I have CRG on my Ducati and Pazzo on my KTM. Vortex have a similar product which is terrible.
    Last edited by topendz; 02-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Toastman you may be refering to a brand called Click-And-Roll,
    original isn't it, they are selling levers almost identical to CRG, They are almost identical but the price point is very close to the Pazzo and CRG. Oh and buy the way I carry Pazzo and also started a dealer account to carry CRG over 2 years ago. I have only ever ordered two pairs of CRG as there is no point the Pazzo levers are just as good and at a better price point. The CRG levers are beautiful and Riders Choice is the place to go for them for sure but the Pazzo product is also comparable.

I have CRG on my Ducati and Pazzo on my KTM. Vortex have a similar product which is terrible.
    The Pazzo's are cheaper for a reason! No ball bearing at the contact point like the CRG's have, thats why you save the $20 or so....Ive bought 9 Pazzo levers from you and Ive bought 1 CRG from RC....Sorry to break it to you but the CRG is a nicer lever in many ways....That being said the Pazzo is still a great lever, just not as good as the CRG.......

On side note another reason they are cheap is because they are almost a 100% copy of the CRG, so its alot easier and cheaper to develop and sell a product when you just copy it and dont have to design it yourself from scratch....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-22-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    The Pazzo's are cheaper for a reason! No ball bearing at the contact point like the CRG's have, thats why you save the $20 or so....Ive bought 9 Pazzo levers from you and Ive bought 1 CRG from RC....Sorry to break it to you but the CRG is a nicer lever in many ways....That being said the Pazzo is still a great lever, just not as good as the CRG.......

On side note another reason they are cheap is because they are almost a 100% copy of the CRG, so its alot easier and cheaper to develop and sell a product when you just copy it and dont have to design it yourself from scratch....
    I don't disagree with you Johnny but for many Canadian customers it comes down to price point and in real world situation my Pazzos work just as well as my CRG regardless of the construction.

I don't disagree with you Johnny but for many Canadian customers it comes down to price point and in real world situation my Pazzos work just as well as my CRG regardless of the construction.
    I hear ya Im not knocking them or you(again I bought 9 of them), Im just letting people know things are cheaper for a reason most of the time. The lack of the ball bearing on the contact point where the adjustment is made may not mean anything to the average customer, but it is a better design and does raise the cost of producing the levers.

If you dont push the lever forward everytime before makin an adjustment on the Pazzo, the 2 anodized aluminum surfaces wear away at eachother...Where with the ball bearing its smoother and doesnt wear...Not a biggie but I notice the small things, and can appreciate the thought put into the design. And because of that the slightly higher price is justified....

Its also a plus for the Pazzo that they are made in Canada, and offer more colour choices.....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-22-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I hear ya Im not knocking them or you(again I bought 9 of them), Im just letting people know things are cheaper for a reason most of the time. The lack of the ball bearing on the contact point where the adjustment is made may not mean anything to the average customer, but it is a better design and does raise the cost of producing the levers.

Its also a plus that they are made in Canada and offer more colour choices.....
    I agree with you totally. I'm not biased in this regard as I can sell both. From my prospective nine times out of ten people ask for Pazzo not CRG. If they asked me for CRG I'd be happy to oblige.
    Also from my prospective there are no duties involved with the Pazzo so its better business sense as well as easier availability. Also with the strong dollar I can now offer them for $189.00 a set. For those wanting CRG I would indeed encourage them to go to Riders Choice.

Johnny I've actually sent your comments to Pazzo. Not sure if each application is bespoked for each bike but on my KTM I do not experience what you have described. My KTM actually uses the same lever as the Ducati 999 so I will look into it further.

Fact remains they are a blatant outright cheap copy. If they had some originality they'd make them look different than CRG's but by making them look identical it guarantees sales. Very sad. By the way the CRG rearsets are about to be released so I guess we'll see pazzo rearsets very soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Fact remains they are a blatant outright cheap copy. If they had some originality they'd make them look different than CRG's but by making them look identical it guarantees sales. Very sad. By the way the CRG rearsets are about to be released so I guess we'll see pazzo rearsets very soon too.
    What an ignorant comment. And I guess Japanese manufacturers have been making cheapo reproductions of the 916 for years. It's called a competitive market everyone does it in every industry in gives the customer choice and a better product in the long run.

It's fortunate your opinion is not shared by the majority out there.
    Last edited by topendz; 02-22-2008 at 10:56 AM.

I have Pazzo's, best money I spent, and I am not talking for looks either, they are a comfort item that are used very often

Johnny I've actually sent your comments to Pazzo. Not sure if each application is bespoked for each bike but on my KTM I do not experience what you have described. My KTM actually uses the same lever as the Ducati 999 so I will look into it further.
    Thats kinda useless as I can almost guarntee you they will just tell you a bearing isnt needed there, and its not its just better if you have one. That is how they make them for less money, without the bearing. How else could they produce esentailly a direct copy for less, unless they were made in China...If they added a bearing it would raise their manufacturing cost and thus the retail prices aswell...And then they wouldnt be any cheaper then the CRG and there goes their selling point....

Its no big deal and like I said the average person would never notice, but here is exaclty the "wear" Im talking about.. This lever was on my bike for one season and what used to be very sharpe points are now worn down and rounded...I cant get the camera to focus good enough but the other surface where it rubs is worn through the anodize and wearing away at the aluminum aswell....With a bearing there this does not happen as there less friction because the bearing rotates as adjustment is made, reducing friction between the 2 parts that come in contact with eachother..

Thanks Johnny I will look into this further for my own piece of mind. I don't want this thread turning into a p i s s i ng match by others bashing a company that I feel doesn't deserve a bad rap, it is just not professional. I'm not talking about your constructive input. Cheers.

Thanks Johnny I will look into this further for my own piece of mind. I don't want this thread turning into a p i s s i ng match by others bashing a company that I feel doesn't deserve a bad rap, it is just not professional. I'm not talking about your constructive input. Cheers.
    If it means anything to anyone Id still buy a Pazzo levers, and I actually reccomend them all the time...Like you say most people are lookin for a good price, not the little extras that you have to pay more for....

I assume most people just find their setting they like and leave them there, I tend to adjust that lever alot between 2-3 points. That is why Im getting wear there so early, and if I took the time to push the lever forward before making the adjustment those parts dont even rub but when Im ridin I just use the tab and make adjustments on the fly....A bearing is just a nice thing to have for that reason....

What an ignorant comment. And I guess Japanese manufacturers have been making cheapo reproductions of the 916 for years. It's called a competitive market everyone does it in every industry in gives the customer choice and a better product in the long run.

It's fortunate your opinion is not shared by the majority out there.
    awwww still sour?

Haha!! You're too much. There are two photos below I quickly googled, one is a CRG (original) and the other is a pazzo (copy) If someone can point out to me how and what features do not make the pazo a ripoff I will bow down and call you master. There are plenty of levers out there that all look different from one another only pazzo photocopied the CRG look and they are quite succuessful with it.

916 copied the Honda NR, the designer admits to it. Nevertheless if you can show me another sportbike after the 916 that looks as identical to it as these levers look alike one another.

Who the hell cares if its a complete copy - buy the more expensive ones if you're so passionate about it. Its called a free market - anyone can make a copy of anything, maybe CRG should have patented their design. I'm getting pazzos myself this year, I could care less if they are a copy because they are a damn good copy and better than stock levers.
    Last edited by GSXStone; 02-22-2008 at 03:03 PM.
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    awwww still sour?

Haha!! You're too much. There are two photos below I quickly googled, one is a CRG (original) and the other is a pazzo (copy) If someone can point out to me how and what features do not make the pazo a ripoff I will bow down and call you master. There are plenty of levers out there that all look different from one another only pazzo photocopied the CRG look and they are quite succuessful with it.

916 copied the Honda NR, the designer admits to it. Nevertheless if you can show me another sportbike after the 916 that looks as identical to it as these levers look alike one another.

How would you make your levers different?

Did Michelin copy Pirelli with the dual compound tire or is it the other way around?

As a customer it is good to have choices based on your requirements.
    Best of luck to a CANADIAN company.