Anyone use TD Canada Trust Insurance?

Thread: Anyone use TD Canada Trust Insurance?

Anyone use TD Canada Trust Insurance?

Anyone using TD insurance ? What are you experiences? Their online quote system seems somewhat useful and competitive. I know other insurance companies are shaking in their boots about the thought of banking insurance providers, and I'm wondering if TD's undercutting temporarily. I've found that multi-vehicle policy quotes seem pretty reasonable....for example my recent quote;

2007 BMW F650GS Dakar...full coverage
    2005 Honda CBR1000RR...liability only

$2200 CAD ! That doesn't seem too bad to me. What do you think ?

Re: Anyone use TD Canada Trust Insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
    Anyone using TD insurance ? What are you experiences? Their online quote system seems somewhat useful and competitive. I know other insurance companies are shaking in their boots about the thought of banking insurance providers, and I'm wondering if TD's undercutting temporarily. I've found that multi-vehicle policy quotes seem pretty reasonable....for example my recent quote;

I just left TD back in Oct/07, IMO that doesn't sound too bad. Beware of their online quotes, realistically without exagerration those online quotes are about 3% accurate. Call and be sure to speak with someone and get confirmation, because they can get a little funny over there.
    They had quoted me for my ZX6R $3845 CAD a year lol No accidents, no tickets, clean record and I was 25 at the time. Just giving you heads up, not deterring you, hope that helps in any way.

Good luck
    When you plan your work and work your plan, you find that God is in man.

Quote:
    At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

if you're over 25 and you got multiple vehicles (car & bike) go with Statefarm, rates are REALLY good. the dude i bought my bike from had $80/month for a CBR600

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

on one hand their pro rated system allowed me to get on my bike for less then $300 because i bought in september but on a down note, they were the most expensive in February for my renewal, every one is different. try your best to deal with someone reputable and fair, for me i am switching to Jerry Kaspard and Cornerstone

I'm with TD on a Queen's U alumni plan. $1100 theft/fire/$500 ded on a gs500f. I'm 24/GM2/1 car at fault in 2003.
    I figured that wasn't bad. Just give them a ring, they're pretty helpful

boundless

(Generally) It's not TD that'll do the insurance - they have Primmum do it for you. Or if you're getting the quote via university alumni/professional program, you'll probably get Meloche Monnex.

Yes, they're all owned by the same parent company.

And yes, you'll probably get a better price by calling them. The online quote is notoriously inaccurate.

I agree with certain things said above^^^.... you can't be to sure of what they quote you on the on-line service. My best suggestion is to take a day into calling every insurance company out there and get a one on one quote and find out which one works out for you and that what I did...

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe LE
    2003 Honda CBR600RR
    1996 Honda Prelude SRV
    and house insurance... total...
    $357 monthly

all under Statefarm Insurance... and "no" it was not a group purchase untill months later after my bike was insured, then I broke everything over from Royal Bank to them.

My bike insurance was with John Duffy 2003 was $1710, and then 2004 they went over 200% at $3475... I said "F" that took a day off work and searched the phone book till what I have today.. and my broker... HE'S awesome.. and ironic thing is his name is NEO... hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenese View Post
    if you're over 25 and you got multiple vehicles (car & bike) go with Statefarm, rates are REALLY good. the dude i bought my bike from had $80/month for a CBR600

I will second that.... 06 CBR 1000RR, 33, one 10 km/hr over ticket and I pay 92 a month full coverage.

I'm running away from TD and taking my business to statefarm. TD has my 12 yr old car insured for $2640 (full coverage) and want me to pay $1100 (Liability) for my 2006 GS500F renewal. Tried StateFarm and got a quote which is about $700 cheaper on a bigger and newer SS bike plus i get coverage for the contents of my apartment.

Also Note that TD (meloche monnex) has requirements (Professionally installed alarm, GPS Tracking Device, other things that i don't remember at the moment) before offering/giving you theft coverage on your bike.

From my experience, i can say Statefarm is 1000! times better than TD when getting multiple policies that include a motorcycle.
    Winners don't quit coz quitters don't win!

I left TD last month for State Farm. TD's bike rate they offered to me (38, no tickets at all) was ridiculous and not-negotiable (as per their manager).

I ended up moving all my business to State Farm as it does make sense with the discounts they have in place.

Cheers,

Marek

I am with TD not by choice.
    I started with Liberty Mutual which was bought by TD. They quickly closed all the branches and had me dealing with an area office in Markham. Then they closed that. Now I have an 800 number to Halifax. I suspect next I will be talking to a boiler room in India.
    The other thing they did that ****** me off was they decided that certrain brands they own would no longer do certain types and just switched me to Primmum (which they also own) to a tune of 35% increase and didnt even tell me.I HATE TD! Everything I do is a pain in the ***** from adding a coverage to getting liability slips is a marathon call to the nice folks down 'ome.
    I would switch but my gf has an at fault accident that hasnt gone yet and its killing the rates.
    My suggestion is RUN!

I left TD/Primmum a couple years ago for PC insurance, $190/month covers my car the old ladies van our house and my 05 gixxer 1k.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
    I left TD/Primmum a couple years ago for PC insurance, $190/month covers my car the old ladies van our house and my 05 gixxer 1k.....
    I guess North Bay is not as bustling with bike and car thieves as Toronto is. And you'd more than likely get into a fender bender with a moose or a tree than another vehicle up there!

TDCanadaTrust online quoted me $999 for my 2001 Tomos Targa moped. 5 times the cost of my bike lol.

But they have this "Pay-As-You-Ride" program where you spread your premium payments over the riding season.

Does any other insurance provider have this option?

Hey All ! Thanks for the tips ! I've been with Kingsway for the past few seasons. At the time, I didn't want to move all my insurance to SF, so I went with them. I'm 34 with a spottless record, so my premiums are pretty low, just thought I'd get some second opinions on TD ! Thanks for your help. Based on the customer service feedback from TD, I think I'll be steering all my coverage over to StateFarm !

I just got insurace last week for 03 yahama r6. I just turned 25 and through statefarm i got 1225 full coverage for one year. I don't have teh summary on me right now hoever if memory serves me right, below are the breakdown

- 1000 dollars deductible ( my fault then pay first 1000 and rest by insu)
    - 500 stolen (if bike stolen first 500 i pay and rest covered by insurance
    - 1 million dollar liability (incase someone sues my ***)
    - 500 fire (500 i pay and rest by insurace)
    - best party - pay monthly and if you bring your car, house.. as said before u will even land up with a better deal.

Please pm me if you want my brokers info.. he was very pleasant to deal with and covered me right away.

Faisal