Just Wondering....

Thread: Just Wondering....

Just Wondering....

say i started of with a kawi 250 2001 and got a quote from insurance company for (xxx) amount now i complete 1 year with them so im assuming the insurance will go down somewhat and now for my second year i bought a gsx-r 600 and (i turn 20) will i get a discounted insurance rate since im with them for over a year?? (btw: im gonna go with statefarm)
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Re: Just Wondering....

call them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be entitled to reduced "rates" but that won't translate into dollars if you're changing the bike. You need to keep all things constant. The comparison doesn't work. If you've been driving a Ford Taurus for one year and then turn 18 and buy a Porsche.... you're premiums are going up. Get quotes on the same bike first, so you're comparing apples to apples.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    You may be entitled to reduced "rates" but that won't translate into dollars if you're changing the bike. You need to keep all things constant. The comparison doesn't work. If you've been driving a Ford Taurus for one year and then turn 18 and buy a Porsche.... you're premiums are going up. Get quotes on the same bike first, so you're comparing apples to apples.
    so ur saying it wont make a difference even though ive been technically been riding for a year?? damn
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by kawi101 View Post
    so ur saying it wont make a difference even though ive been technically been riding for a year?? damn
    That's not what I said. If your rate per $1,000 of insurance may or may not change. But you're looking at changing the nature of the risk entirely. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Do that first, and then look at a different bike.

Statefarm might not insure you under your own name because you have less then 5 years experience (with a G licence). Their rates go all over the place, so you'll have to call them.
    ~Dakota0T7~

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    That's not what I said. If your rate per $1,000 of insurance may or may not change. But you're looking at changing the nature of the risk entirely. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Do that first, and then look at a different bike.
    thnks for clarification, also how much would your company insure me for a 250 kawi 01 im currently a g class holder with my m2 and drivers ed cert.

BeemerD

Quote Originally Posted by kawi101 View Post
    say i started of with a kawi 250 2001 and got a quote from insurance company for (xxx) amount now i complete 1 year with them so im assuming the insurance will go down somewhat and now for my second year i bought a gsx-r 600 and (i turn 20) will i get a discounted insurance rate since im with them for over a year?? (btw: im gonna go with statefarm)
    State Farm looks at the cc's of the machine, not the model, or its class. Going from a 250 to a 600, I would think is going to translate to a big jump in rates.