North Shore Car company

Thread: North Shore Car company

North Shore Car company

Has anybody dealt with these guys? Friend of mine is looking into buying a 600-1000cc sports bike and found link to their site. They seem to have a lot used items in stock, but I just never heard of them.

http://www.northshorecarcompany.com/

Thanks,

Marek

Re: North Shore Car company

Looks like they have some decent bikes. That CBR 1000RR is calling my name I will definitey check them out when I upgrade to a litre bike.
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager

Yes, I purchased my latest ride through them.

They are a small family company outside of London, ON. You'll generally speak to one of two people - Jeff is the owner, Rod is his father and both are great to deal with. Their firm specializes in importing US bikes into Ontario. Traditionally they focused on Harleys and ATVs, but with the US economy the way it is, they've expanded into sportsbikes.

My experience with them was as follows. I spent most of 2007 looking for my dream bike, which has always been the 2005 Honda 600 RR - Tribal Black edition. Like your friend, one day I noticed North Shore's listings on trader.ca and decided to check them out. In speaking with Jeff, he mentioned that he sees more than 60 bikes a month and that even if I was looking for something rare, he could likely find it. That was in early December of 2007. By mid-January of 2008, he called to say that he had found an 05 Tribal Black and he was giving me first dibs; that is, he wouldn't list it publicly until I had a chance to see it in person and potentially buy it.

As I'm sure you've seen from their site, they diligently photograph each bike they have in stock. Since the pictures of the bike looked great, I took a friend with me one chilly Saturday in January and made the trek up to Dutton, ON where North Shore is located. The bike was in great shape, had less than 4500 kms on it and I was pleasantly surprised that I was going to be getting a few nice upgrades (full Yosh exhaust, new tires, PC III) courtesy of the previous owner...more accurately, courtesy of the previous owner's inability to pay for his house and bike!

Paperwork was handled quickly and efficiently and before departing I inquired about the security of their storage facility, as my new ride was going to be there for the better part of three or four months. The bikes are stored in a warehouse that has full alarms and cameras. Moreover, they park industrial vehicles in front of the warehouse door, making removal of bikes very difficult. If all that weren't enough, the owner and his relatives live across the street from the facility and the OPP detachment is down the block! Needless to say, I had no concern about leaving my new bike in their care for several months.

I wholeheartedly recommend North Shore and strongly encourage you and your friend to consider them. They did a great job finding exactly what I was looking for and they buy only the cleanest low-mileage rides out there.

A few items to note:

1. You ARE purchasing a bike with an Ontario title. They handle all the import paperwork and you buy the bike as an Ontario vehicle as you would from any other Ontario dealership.

2. As they are a dealership, you do pay GST+PST.

3. They are unable to provide warranty coverage, as the bikes are from the US. Now, motorcycle warranties are usually 1-2 years at the most, so if your friend is looking to by an 06 or older, it's a moot point. However, if he's looking to buy an 07 or above, the lack of warranty coverage may be a bargaining point for your friend.

4. They provide storage in their facility and delivery to Toronto free of charge. Their only condition is that the bike has to be sold and you have to have it insured. When you want the bike delivered, simply call them and they'll make the arrangements. You therefore only need to go to their facility once.

If you have any other questions or concerns, reply to this thread.

--DK

2005 Honda CBR 600 RR ( 2008- )
    2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i( 2007-2008 )

DK,

thanks a lot. I am sure my friend will appreciate your post a lot.

Regards,

Marek

Wow .. nice find fellas. I was checking their site out ..

I may be tempted to buy my RR a new friend .. lol ..

Just got back from their shop, I had emailed Jeff a few times regarding a few bikes and received prompt responses. Called his place this morning, spoke to his dad Rod who was very helpful and promised me he wouldn't sell the bike until I got up there (was coming from 2 1/2 hours away). Jumped in the car and went up to take a look at it, 20 minutes after arriving, I was putting down the deposit with Jeff and was out the door shortly after.

Both are very pleasant to deal with and have a great selection of newer bikes all in one area, they also deal in ATV's I believe. I just want to correct the post above, they DO NOT do free shipping.

Picked up a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 (Black on Black), most people can't even find one of these around, Rod and Jeff had 2! Can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday, it hasn't even sunk in yet!

Talking Re: North Shore Car company

I'm picking up my white 07 CBR 600RR on Thurs!
    2009 YZF-R1
    2008 CRF 250X
    http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4458/rd23bfa8.jpg

cbr

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a bike from them also. They have a lot of bikes in stock.

Can you tell me how much I can take of the asking price when I'm negotiating? since these bikes are American. I don't know if this applies to bikes but I know when it comes to cars; American cars are a lot cheaper.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Just Recently Picked up a 07 CBR 1000RR, these guys made the transaction so painless, i bought the bike from them in Dutton, had it shipped for me to halifax. They took care of everything, these guys only buy top notch, ultra clean bikes, zero worries, zero problems. Talk to Jeff he is an ultra nice guy. Thanks.....................Dan O'Keefe
    07 CBR 1000RR

cbr

Hello everyone,

I heard good things about this dealer and I recently purchansed a bike from them, they made everything so easy I will give them credit for that.

I would like everyone that is considering buying a bike from this dealer to be very careful, make sure get the bike inspected fully before you commit to buying.

I learned the hard way, the bike looked to be in good condition, so I ended up buying the bike. Two days later I started noticing small paint bubbles on the tank, I called Jeff to ask him he the bike was involved in an accident or if the bike was repainted and he claimed that the bike is accident free and it was never repainted.

I took the bike to a dealer beside me house and he informed that in fact the bike was repainted and it might've got into an accident, I understand that the bike doesn't come with a warranty but I would like to know I can take an legal actions.

I would appreciate any help or feedback that I can get from anyone.

Thank you in advance,

They look overpriced to me.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

rvj

We have dealt with them also.....STAY AWAY!.....you will not have a good experience and be dissapointed. we sure were.