For Fred Kilgour

Thread: For Fred Kilgour

BeemerD

For Fred Kilgour

Fred, my Father-in-law didn't die on a motorcycle, which I'm sure he would have rather left the world that way. Instead he died from cancer, smoking will do that. I mention Fred here because he was the real deal, a real biker...that would kick my a** if he knew his daughters husband was a Beemer pilot (LOL). Fred, though rough around the edges to those who didn't know him, was probably the nicest human being I ever had the pleasure to know, and one of the very BIG reasons I ride today and why I ride with my rear pegs down, whenever I know I'm going to be passing his grave. Fred and I had some interesting conversations, he being a Born Again, and me: a Born Again Atheist. We had good times, miss that man.

I ride for your Fred, cause I know you'd do the same for me!

Re: For Fred Kilgour

Knowing from experience..it would be much easier to deal with the loss of a loved one from a moto accident than from cancer. Sure you still have to deal with the loss, but at least it's more quick and relatively less painful. After watchinhg my father slip away from Leukimia i can say that i would much rather run my bike into a brick wall at 180kmph than waste away like that.

R.I.P Fred