CAGE accident increase BIKE premiums??!!

Thread: CAGE accident increase BIKE premiums??!!

Post CAGE accident increase BIKE premiums??!!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, i was traveling through a green light at an intersection when someone made a left turn infront of me. It was too late to stop properly so the front of my car hit the side of their car.

this is my 2nd accident in 3 months. I was hoping to switch over to Statefarm from Kaspard. Right now, Kaspard has my bike insurance. Statefarm already has my car insurance.

Do you guys think that my car insurance will increase if the accident isn't my fault??? Should I have made the claim?

Will this affect my bike insurance?? I was thinking of putting both my bike and car with Statefarm to get preferred rates. Do no fault accidents matter?

Any advice/comments is appreciated!!

Re: CAGE accident increase BIKE premiums??!!

call a broker and ask them - otherwise expect to get incorrect information

In general I'd suggest not making a claim if it is under $5000 to get it fixed, otherwise you will just end up paying that back in premiums later

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenese View Post
    Hi everyone,

Yesterday, i was traveling through a green light at an intersection when someone made a left turn infront of me. It was too late to stop properly so the front of my car hit the side of their car.

this is my 2nd accident in 3 months. I was hoping to switch over to Statefarm from Kaspard. Right now, Kaspard has my bike insurance. Statefarm already has my car insurance.

Do you guys think that my car insurance will increase if the accident isn't my fault??? Should I have made the claim?

Will this affect my bike insurance?? I was thinking of putting both my bike and car with Statefarm to get preferred rates. Do no fault accidents matter?

Any advice/comments is appreciated!!
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

if it's not your fault it will be fine

ty and ty!

If it's not your fault, nothing will happen to your insurance. It's the other person's insurance that will be dinged. But again, don't take what's written in this forum as fact. Talk to your agent.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    if it's not your fault it will be fine
    +1.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

As long as you call your adjuster, make it perfectly clear what happened and make a couple of followup calls. In "he said - she said" situations they're just as likely to asign 50/50 blame and raise both of your premiums. If they do find any percentage of liability on your part, you're screwed, because, you see......
    They are really insuring the driver. So your driving record is the driving force behind your premium rates, but...
    When you get more vehicles or that sporty 2-door or that supersport, well then they are really insuring the vehicle and statistics show that people who drive that sporty vehicle are more likely to cause accidents.
    Our illustrious government is allowing the insurance industry to have its cake and eat it too.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

That is false. If it's not your fault, you will not be fine. There are a number of categories they use to evaluate your insurance. One of the big ones is "risk factor". Meaning how prone you are to having an accident. Having an accident that's not your fault still means that there are drivers on your way to work who are prone to causing accidents. Every single claim counts against you, regardless of who's fault it is because it shows you are a higher risk customer. This might not mean increased premiums right away, but it may mean that next year it won't decrease where as it would've otherwise.

There is a reason why insurance companies want to know about all of your accidents, regardless of who's fault it is, but then they ask how many of those were your fault. The at-fault accidents cost you more in a long run and they count against the number of "faults" you can have. Most insurance companies will not insure you if you have more then 3 "faults". A fault can be an accident (usually in the last 6 or 7 years) and it can also be a ticket (less then 3 years old). Some companies also make distinctions about minor and major traffic offenses, but in a long run they reflect the same on your premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by phucyall View Post
    That is false. If it's not your fault, you will not be fine. There are a number of categories they use to evaluate your insurance. One of the big ones is "risk factor". Meaning how prone you are to having an accident. Having an accident that's not your fault still means that there are drivers on your way to work who are prone to causing accidents. Every single claim counts against you, regardless of who's fault it is because it shows you are a higher risk customer. This might not mean increased premiums right away, but it may mean that next year it won't decrease where as it would've otherwise.

There is a reason why insurance companies want to know about all of your accidents, regardless of who's fault it is, but then they ask how many of those were your fault. The at-fault accidents cost you more in a long run and they count against the number of "faults" you can have. Most insurance companies will not insure you if you have more then 3 "faults". A fault can be an accident (usually in the last 6 or 7 years) and it can also be a ticket (less then 3 years old). Some companies also make distinctions about minor and major traffic offenses, but in a long run they reflect the same on your premiums.
    no offense...but this is a perfect example of why we shouldn't even have this forum. between people comparing premiums (which are determined by SO many more factors than just age & model of car/bike) and discussions like this it becomes MISLEADING.

if you were deemed not-at-fault per the fault determination rules (which are the SAME for every company) it WILL NOT affect your rates. you can have 10 DCPD (i.e. not-at-fault) claims and an insurance company cannot raise your rates or refuse to renew you (as much as they might like to!). period.