HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

I recently made a product trade with HoHeyDesigns.com. We swapped one of my billet 03/04 636 stunt stays for one of his sponsored riders, for one of his new billet tripple clamps...

Id just like to say that the quality and service it great, and if your looking for any stunt parts for your bike check out his site...Good people making good stuff...They make dual caliper HB brackets, rearset brackets, tripple clamps, and some other little things...

This tripple allows you to run your clipons on top without having to drop your front end. It also has 2 plugs that can be removed to bolt dirt bar risers right onto it...

And here is his sponsored rider(ATLfreestyle) with one of my stunt stays, on his new stuntbike....

Re: HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

^^^ thats a pimp bike and triple looks sick. i got protek triples

Wow, they have some nice stuff! And the prices seem good to. Those "star rotors" are sweet! Too bad they don't make them for my bike.
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

damn look at his bike its alllll bliiiiiiiinged out like M***********

gsxrsrad600

just like to add to this johnny.

there is also a local company in wainfleet ontario-niagara area.
    that makes billet parts for sportbikes.they are called sfbracing.
    i recently bought a starter and ignition cover from them.
    they make all types of very nice billet parts aswell.

dromey&drysdale precision.
    31180 garringer rd.
    wainfleet,ontario.
    l0s 1v0
    canada.

the owners name is mark drysdale.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsrad600 View Post
    just like to add to this johnny.

there is also a local company in wainfleet ontario-niagara area.
    that makes billet parts for sportbikes.they are called sfbracing.
    i recently bought a starter and ignition cover from them.
    they make all types of very nice billet parts aswell.

dromey&drysdale precision.
    31180 garringer rd.
    wainfleet,ontario.
    l0s 1v0
    canada.

the owners name is mark drysdale.

Thats nice and all but do they support stunt riders and the sport/hobby of stunt riding? If they dont then I cant support them, Hohey makes great quality stunt parts and is a stunt rider himself...Thats why he gets 2 thumbs up from me, anyone can make billet parts and I have 100 sources for CNC machining....

gsxrsrad600

they specialize in stronger billet pieces than the factory stuff-their parts are reinforced differently than stock stuff-so it's great for stunting,track,dirtbikes.etc

they have been in business for along time and are featured in many magazines.
    it's just good stuff for a reasonable price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8a_1[1].jpg  
    Last edited by gsxrsrad600; 02-13-2008 at 10:26 AM.

they specialize in stronger billet pieces than the factory stuff-their parts are reinforced differently than stock stuff-so it's great for stunting,track,dirtbikes.etc

they have been in business for along time and are featured in many magazines.
    it's just good stuff for a reasonable price.
    Your missing the point

HoHey Designs not only makes stunt parts, actually stunts himself, but he also supports the community (Stunt Community) by sponsering riders and getting involved in things....

So the question remains.... does the shop you mention support the stunt community.... i believe not.

gsxrsrad600

i am not missing the point-this is a public forum-there are tons of stunt riders out there that may not have the same access to billet parts as johnny or others may have so in that case-i am making it public knowledge to all about this local company that makes very good billet pieces for all makes/models.

i am sure these guys don't stunt ride but does it really matter?-they are highly skilled machinests that make a top notch part for any bike out there that will be much stronger than the stock stuff-is that a bad thing?

it's cool to me that one member here is happy with hoheydesigns stuff-i think it's cool too-but the point i was trying to make is-
    there is a local company right here in ontario that you can get the same stuff for your bike-not everybody wants to do business over the internet-sometimes it's cool to go to the shop yourself-hold the part in your hand-buy it-take it home and put it on your bike the same day.i guess i am old fashioned-trying to help out local riders and supporting our local communities by giving them our business.

i am not missing the point-this is a public forum-there are tons of stunt riders out there that may not have the same access to billet parts as johnny or others may have so in that case-i am making it public knowledge to all about this local company that makes very good billet pieces for all makes/models.

i am sure these guys don't stunt ride but does it really matter?-they are highly skilled machinests that make a top notch part for any bike out there that will be much stronger than the stock stuff-is that a bad thing?

it's cool to me that one member here is happy with hoheydesigns stuff-i think it's cool too-but the point i was trying to make is-
    there is a local company right here in ontario that you can get the same stuff for your bike-not everybody wants to do business over the internet-sometimes it's cool to go to the shop yourself-hold the part in your hand-buy it-take it home and put it on your bike the same day.i guess i am old fashioned-trying to help out local riders and supporting our local communities by giving them our business.
    Supporting local business is great, some of us like to support business that represent the stunt community which is what the point was. To eachs own.

gsxrsrad600

the point was not misunderstood at all what johnny said-i can respect his thoughts.
    now-was my point understood?-i hope so because like i said there are more than one or 2 people here.

Sounds like a good company but my point is if I call up Hohey and talk to him about making a new stunt specific billet part, he will be very interested and happy to work on something like that...

Chances are these guys wont do that, I bet money that any mention of a stunt only related part and they will not be interested to help me.....Maybe not but thats the way it usually goes, some shops dont even want to work on the stuntbikes because they are not familiar with the setups we have...

And then theres what 23 understands, its not just about the parts..Its the support! Giving back and helpin promote stunt riding....Again I doubt that local company is willing to do any of that, its not their market and Im sure they dont give a **** aobut it...

gsxrsrad600

+1-i hear ya-johnny.
    it's important and rare to have somebody to work together with you to make progress/improvements in the sport-i believe it helps being a stunter himself knowing exactly what riders need.

i think sfbracing-just copied the stock design on parts and beefed it up a bit.

Im pretty sure I took a flyer from their booth at the last bike show, someone was there promoting their billet parts and Im pretty sure it was them. Im very interested in this kind of thing being a CNC programmer/setup guy myself(wood industry).....I have 2 $250,000 CNC machines(routers), and I can cut anything I want but metals make a mess for my wood setup. My tools are dimaond tipped and if they even touch metal they are garbage, at $300-1200 each I cant be playing around with them...

I love billet parts, when I look at them I dont just see a part. I see the tool paths and geometry it takes to make that part...One day I will buy a small CNC combo mill/lathe! Then anything I want I can just make myself, Ive already got some of the best software. My software package cost $20,000!

Heres my new machine I just got in Dec

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

DANG !!!
    That thang must be hard to wheelie !!!

You must be good !

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Im pretty sure I took a flyer from their booth at the last bike show, someone was there promoting their billet parts and Im pretty sure it was them. Im very interested in this kind of thing being a CNC programmer/setup guy myself(wood industry).....I have 2 $250,000 CNC machines(routers), and I can cut anything I want but metals make a mess for my wood setup. My tools are dimaond tipped and if they even touch metal they are garbage, at $300-1200 each I cant be playing around with them...

I love billet parts, when I look at them I dont just see a part. I see the tool paths and geometry it takes to make that part...One day I will buy a small CNC combo mill/lathe! Then anything I want I can just make myself, Ive already got some of the best software. My software package cost $20,000!

Heres my new machine I just got in Dec
    Is that a CNC lazer or CNC Plasma cutter?

the point was not misunderstood at all what johnny said-i can respect his thoughts.
    now-was my point understood?-i hope so because like i said there are more than one or 2 people here.
    I think everyones point was understood at this point.

Some choose to support local business (AWESOME) they all need the help.

Some choose to support those that give back 10 fold... we need them the most in the stunt community.

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Is that a CNC lazer or CNC Plasma cutter?
    Its actually a ROUTER, basically the exact same as a MILL just specifically setup for cuttting wood, plastic, composite sheets . 2 High requency 24,000rpm spindles with 12 position tool changers.....Only difference is instead of coolant I have dust collection, and I use vaccumm that sucks right through the table to hold down my parts. That and it has a much larger table (5'x10")......Everything else is basically the same as a CNC milling machine...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Its actually a ROUTER, basically the exact same as a MILL just specifically setup for cuttting wood, plastic, composite sheets . 2 High requency 24,000rpm spindles with 12 position tool changers.....Only difference is instead of coolant I have dust collection, and I use vaccumm that sucks right through the table to hold down my parts. That and it has a much larger table (5'x10")......Everything else is basically the same as a CNC milling machine...
    My ex-brother in law has a CNC Plasma Cutter and the table and control to the right looked the same....

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    My ex-brother in law has a CNC Plasma Cutter and the table and control to the right looked the same....
    They are very similar in most cases, especially ones that are setup for cutting sheets. The base of the machine woudl be very close, they just bolt on differnt heads to the carrier...Spindles for routing/milling, or plasma cutter, sanders, saw blades, agreagates etc etc..

And the controls are the same, the code varies from machine to machine but alot of high end machines use Fanuc controls...Mine is a little special becasue I upgraded to a Windows interface with touch screen....So instead of just the usual 2 colour screen with letter and numbers, I have Windows XP running in the backround and can do anything right on the machine that an PC can do.....Internte, Email, posting on GTAM...LOL...Im not at the moment but I could be posting this message standing at the machine while it cuts out parts makin it look like Im working....LOL