HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

Re: HoHeyDesigns.com 2 thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    They are very similar in most cases, especially ones that are setup for cutting sheets. The base of the machine woudl be very close, they just bolt on differnt heads to the carrier...Spindles for routing/milling, or plasma cutter, sanders, saw blades, agreagates etc etc..

And the controls are the same, the code varies from machine to machine but alot of high end machines use Fanuc controls...Mine is a little special becasue I upgraded to a Windows interface with touch screen....So instead of just the usual 2 colour screen with letter and numbers, I have Windows XP running in the backround and can do anything right on the machine that an PC can do.....Internte, Email, posting on GTAM...LOL...Im not at the moment but I could be posting this message standing at the machine while it cuts out parts makin it look like Im working....LOL
    I didn't realize they were that similar....

That is quite impresive that you can do all of that with your control unit...

lol posting on GTAM while watching parts run lol that is too funny....

Here is a link to a crazy homemade metal lathe/milling machine/drill press made from an old car engine block, really interesting stuff, don't think it is very precise but it looks like a cool poor man's set up

http://www.urbansurvival.com/multimachine.pdf

Its premise is based on creating a cheap/universally available part(junk car engine) that can be incorporated into a machine style set up for third world countries with limited access to parts and technology that we all take for granted.

damn hey johnny do they take finance for that???
    its funny cause me and greg was talking about buying one of those to make rims and all that stuff.. (straight knock off copy cat style )

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post
    damn hey johnny do they take finance for that???
    its funny cause me and greg was talking about buying one of those to make rims and all that stuff.. (straight knock off copy cat style )
    They sure do, all our machines are/were financed, my 1999 router is payed off and we own it now....Our old press was also but we payed it off and sold it to get our new $800,000 press financed, and so is my new router which cost $250,000. A lein goes on our current machines for the financing of the new ones...Once we payed off the first 2 machines, we are automatically approved for 1mil financing for anything we want to buy.....You do need at least %10 I think it is, deposit for anything thou....

Metal machines are alot cheaper becasuse they are much smaller, but for rims you need a big lathe and mill....A 30" diamter compacity lathe wont be cheap!

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

I gotta ask.........
    What do you make on those machines....
    If it a secret, I undestand....
    Just curious what you could make outta wood to pay for that kinda toy....

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

damn 800 g for a press.... damn...

yo since your working at woodworking place could you build me a table (4 x 8 ) with a frame that sits 6 inch away from the edge of the plywood???

i know its like doin circle on 636 to you
    Last edited by izzo; 02-14-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FearNoSpeed View Post
    I gotta ask.........
    im sure his working on a box to put you in 6 feet under

jkjkjk

I gotta ask.........
    I manufacture thermo foil cabinet doors and accessories, but I also do alot of custom machining. We will take on anything that I can do that wont disrupt our production, and Im looking at doing more of that now that I have the 2 machines...

I can make anything on them really, its just a matter of getting the proper tooling and setup. Anything I can draw in my CAD/CAM I can cut out, just have to get the right tools and set the machine up for the task.....

CNC carving is something new I can do, with my new software package there are some pretty cool things I can do now...Like taking a digital photo running it through vector line software, and turning it into CAD that I can add tool paths too and carve out on my machine....The limmits are up to the programmer/setup persons ability really....

Thats my job the other side of my factory is where the pressing takes place, they take the parts I cut out spray an adheisive and wrap them with differnt PVC coatings. Anything from white, metalic colours, stainless steel, to a million differnt wood grains...
    Pressing side

Sample boards that we are making to show our product in or customers show rooms

And this is our showroom we are working on, this is what 90% of our product ends up being...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I manufacture thermo foil cabinet doors and accessories, but I also do alot of custom machining. We will take on anything that I can do that wont disrupt our production, and Im looking at doing more of that now that I have the 2 machines...

I can make anything on them really, its just a matter of getting the proper tooling and setup. Anything I can draw in my CAD/CAM I can cut out, just have to get the right tools and set the machine up for the task.....

CNC carving is something new I can do, with my new software package there are some pretty cool things I can do now...Like taking a digital photo running it through vector line software, and turning it into CAD that I can add tool paths too and carve out on my machine....The limmits are up to the programmer/setup persons ability really....

Thats my job the other side of my factory is where the pressing takes place, they take the parts I cut out spray an adheisive and wrap them with differnt PVC coatings. Anything from white, metalic colours, stainless steel, to a million differnt wood grains...
    Pressing side

Sample boards that we are making to show our product in or customers show rooms

And this is our showroom we are working on, this is what 90% of our product ends up being...
    Dam i should have come talked to you.... i just re did my entire kitchen and it was not cheap....

I hope my mother never comes across your stuff...........
    I forsee me rebuilding a few rooms for her if so...

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post
    im sure his working on a box to put you in 6 feet under

jkjkjk
    Atleast my "last ride" "wood be in a custom ride"...........
    Better make frame rails and some other pieces for me....
    I'll probably "bin it" on the way to my hole if history has taught me anything...

Atleast my "last ride" "wood be in a custom ride"...........
    Better make frame rails and some other pieces for me....
    I'll probably "bin it" on the way to my hole if history has taught me anything...