I must be an anomily?

Thread: I must be an anomily?

I must be an anomily?

Let's start by prefacing this by saying that I dont street ride and havent owned a street bike in over 15 years.
    My girlfriend is interested in street riding so we are looking into insurance for her. She is M2 one year with one at fault in a car. We are already insured with Primum for cars,house,trailer etc.
    She tries the online and gets the RED message to call they cany do it online. So I try.
    The bike we used was a 04 SV650 with basic coverage. My premium was $830/yr. I added her as a second rider and it jumps to $2100/yr.
    Just for laughs and giggles I try an 07 GSXR1000 by myself and it only jumped $90 to $920/yr. I was shocked!
    I didnt feel my rate was too bad. Is it just me?
    Last edited by infernobuster; 02-03-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Re: I must be an anomily?

Insurance for my ZX10R is in that range.

If your birthday predates the invention of the internal combustion engine, they tend to give you a break!

Yes, Ken you are an anomaly.
    The rest of us have known it for years.... you are just coming to that realization?

I'd be paying $900 for any 600cc supersport with SF, and it wouldn't go up by much if I got a 750 or a 1000. I'd get a serious discount if I went multiline, but not enough for me to switch my cage over to them.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Damn y'all are harsh

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Let's start by prefacing this by saying that I dont street ride and havent owned a street bike in over 15 years.
    My girlfriend is interested in street riding so we are looking into insurance for her. She is M2 one year with one at fault in a car. We are already insured with Primum for cars,house,trailer etc.
    She tries the online and gets the RED message to call they cany do it online. So I try.
    The bike we used was a 04 SV650 with basic coverage. My premium was $830/yr. I added her as a second rider and it jumps to $2100/yr.
    Just for laughs and giggles I try an 07 GSXR1000 by myself and it only jumped $90 to $920/yr. I was shocked!
    I didnt feel my rate was too bad. Is it just me?
    Ken, insurance sucks what can you do. I just got quotted $3100/yr on a CBR600, from the same company I had the Ninja500 for $1400/yr. A jump in 100cc costs double the price, that doesn't make sense.
    From my experience with insurance shopping last year, I have to tell you even calling the same number but talking to different agents, gets you a totally diffeent quote. Last year, I had to call the same number 4 times, talked to 4 different agents until I got a quote that made sense. Now I'm on the same boat again, I just hope I can find the same agent I talked to last year.
    My advice to you is just insure the SV under your name but let your girlfriend use it anyway. Your girlfriend is a reasonable person, and on a motorcycle the chances are you'd be the one who gets hit becasue of someone else's stupidity. I don't think your girlfriend is gonna be popping wheelies and crashing into a crowd of people, te be held responsible for injuries hence needing to be insured directly.