Quote Originally Posted by cibber_F4i View Post
about to change my bike insurance to a different company cause its cheaper, recently had one accident in the company's car and fighting it in court, court date is sometime in april, if i go to the insurance company now and get a new bike policy, and i dont tell them about the car accident, would they still find out about the accident by checking my driving record? even though the ticket is still being fought? or so i just be straight up with them and tell them about the accident? also the claim for the accident didnt go through my own insurance it went through the company i used to work for, thanks
It is best to disclose the auto accident. So long as it's being charged against your car policy, you shouldn't be charged twice for the same accident. As far as the court date goes that is you fighting a charge for a violation of the Highway Traffic Act. The fault of the accident is likely placed against you by virtue of you being charged (See Ontario Fault Determination Rules).

Furthermore it doesn't matter who's insurance the claim went through. The question you are being asked is to give all details of all accidents or claims though "ownership, use, or operation..." by any listed operator (that's you).

Tell them what happened. A professional will help you get past it.