insurance with accident

Thread: insurance with accident

insurance with accident

about to change my bike insurance to a different company cause its cheaper, recently had one accident in the company's car and fighting it in court, court date is sometime in april, if i go to the insurance company now and get a new bike policy, and i dont tell them about the car accident, would they still find out about the accident by checking my driving record? even though the ticket is still being fought? or so i just be straight up with them and tell them about the accident? also the claim for the accident didnt go through my own insurance it went through the company i used to work for, thanks
    Last edited by cibber_F4i; 02-01-2008 at 11:47 PM.

menglor

Re: insurance with accident

the m inute you give them your DL license and the Vin info for the car, they will know all about it.

thats how they keep everyone honest. otherwise it would be just too easy to say " nope, never been in an accident!"

If you lie to your insurance company, and they find out, when you need them most they will tell you, so sorry! your SOL.

your best to just be honest.

You don't want to have a "Failure to Disclose" on your record, it will make it really difficult for you to get insurance with anyone but a facility insurer. If you don't disclose and they check your abstract with MTO they will drop you like a hot potato.

Not worth the risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cibber_F4i View Post
    about to change my bike insurance to a different company cause its cheaper, recently had one accident in the company's car and fighting it in court, court date is sometime in april, if i go to the insurance company now and get a new bike policy, and i dont tell them about the car accident, would they still find out about the accident by checking my driving record? even though the ticket is still being fought? or so i just be straight up with them and tell them about the accident? also the claim for the accident didnt go through my own insurance it went through the company i used to work for, thanks
    It is best to disclose the auto accident. So long as it's being charged against your car policy, you shouldn't be charged twice for the same accident. As far as the court date goes that is you fighting a charge for a violation of the Highway Traffic Act. The fault of the accident is likely placed against you by virtue of you being charged (See Ontario Fault Determination Rules).

Furthermore it doesn't matter who's insurance the claim went through. The question you are being asked is to give all details of all accidents or claims though "ownership, use, or operation..." by any listed operator (that's you).

Tell them what happened. A professional will help you get past it.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com