"Busa or CBR RR ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Busa or CBR RR ?

Re: "Busa or CBR RR ?

Quote Originally Posted by TYBALT71 View Post
    More like apples and hand grenades, new 08 Busa is doing 202 mph with Brock pipe, USB, clutch mod and tie downs thats all!:
    Great Read:

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=3669&z=2

Can you even reach the bars comfortably on the Busa?

On a side note, if you want comfort, seriously consider sitting on a 06 and up Gix600->1000. They are COMFY ergos for shorter folks... FYI.

Ya I like the BUSA too, but I don't ride on the street anymore, so there is no point in looking at it. But make sure the reach isn't too much. You don't want to ride a bike looking like superman....or wonderwoman for that matter.
    Last edited by Metastable; 01-31-2008 at 04:22 PM.

SteveT

Have you considered the GSXR750 2006+ models? I think they are an ideal bike for the street.

Yes, gave much thought to the GSXR, it fits me pretty good. Today, though, weird thing on the way to work. There is a spot on the 401 that is perfect for opening up the bike a wee bit, you know, and I was thinking about doing it on a 'busa, and my heart started to beat faster and my breathe became short...Didn't Woody Allen say " The heart wants what the heart wants" but isn't he kinda a pedophile? Yep, I can reach the bars not to much of a reach. I sat on a lowered one last summer. Funny too, when I was clearing out my emails,I saw on from 06 where I was talking to someone about thiers for sale, been thinking about it for a while obviously, forgotten about that email...Hey, Cromag, remember when we went to the wing shack and you rode dudes 'busa? Did the front wheel touch the ground at all or......LOL

Can't speak for the CBR, but I find the riding position on my busa extremely comfortable...I'm about 6'2" and 200lbs.

As far as riding dynamics, it is a heavy bike, but I don't find it too bad at low speeds. Crawling in traffic sucks, but not much worse than on anything else I've ridden.

It's definitely a fantastic ride on the highway (long distances are a breeze), and although it's no SS in the twisties, you can still have a ton of fun with it!
    "The only way out is through"

There are some great deals on new '07 1000RRs right now. I think they were selling for $10,999 at the bike show earlier this month. I doubt deals like that will come around next year on the '08 (if there are any leftover). I love my '06 but haven't ridden a Busa, so I can't compare the two. Stick with Honda and you won't be disappointed!
    Durk - 1KRR

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowers View Post
    Also, with Bill 203, there's not much you can do with a Busa to exploit its strengths.
    If anything, the Busa becomes more fun with this law...it has the mounds of torque at the bottom that would make it more fun "getting to the speed limit"
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Hey suprphreak, wana sell your 14? or do ya know of anyone selling there's.
    2003 ZX12R---2008 ZX 14---

okay, time to weigh in.

I am a busa-fanatic. I love my busa. it is a big teddy bear, as it's surprisingly rider friendly. The motor is smooth and not twitchy. it's got GOB's of torque which makes riding around the city quite pleasant. You RARELY have to go above 4000 rpm. Above 4000rpm and you better make sure there are no police around...and you better hang on. The acceleration is breath-taking. It's got a hydraulic clutch, so your clutch hand doesn't get tired, even in stop and go traffic. It's friggin' COMFORTABLE, especially with a gel seat.

I disagree with people that say it handles poorly cause of it's size and weight. The Busa actually handles SURPRISINGLY quite well, well enough for the streets, anyways. I had no problems keeping up with several 600cc riders through tight corners. I've dragged my toe and foot peg on some on/off ramps, and that's as low as I dare to go. Sure a 600 or 1000cc supersport may out handle it on a race track, but that's cause they're dedicated for that situation. And personally, i'm not interested in pushing my riding that hard off the track.

The Busa is for (very)sporty touring and drag racing. I'm so used to my busa that 600's and 1000's feel outright flimsy. It's a matter of what you get used to.

I'm 5'6", so i had to lower the busa 1" front and back (which isn't an issue) to get the balls of my feet on the ground. It can be lowered 2" without a problem. The reach to the bars is a TAD long for my arms, but using the GENMAR handle bar risers (ironically, to lower the front) helps a lot. There is quite a bit of storage space in the tail and hump, and side saddle bags area commonly available for it. Suzuki usually has 2 available for test rides during their demo ride events so you should definitely check one out.

I've sat on a ZX-14 and (getting ready to duck blows from fellow busa riders) i dare say that it is somewhat more comfortable than a busa. The reach to the bars not being so far, and the seat not feeling as high in stock form....but it's not a busa...

Hope that helps.

ps....get the busa. you won't regret it....
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    okay, time to weigh in.

I disagree with people that say it handles poorly cause of it's size and weight. The Busa actually handles SURPRISINGLY quite well, well enough for the streets, anyways. I had no problems keeping up with several 600cc riders through tight corners. I've dragged my toe and foot peg on some on/off ramps, and that's as low as I dare to go. Sure a 600 or 1000cc supersport may out handle it on a race track, but that's cause they're dedicated for that situation. And personally, i'm not interested in pushing my riding that hard off the track.

The Busa is for (very)sporty touring and drag racing. I'm so used to my busa that 600's and 1000's feel outright flimsy. It's a matter of what you get used to.

I'm 5'6", so i had to lower the busa 1" front and back (which isn't an issue) to get the balls of my feet on the ground. It can be lowered 2" without a problem. The reach to the bars is a TAD long for my arms, but using the GENMAR handle bar risers (ironically, to lower the front) helps a lot. There is quite a bit of storage space in the tail and hump, and side saddle bags area commonly available for it. Suzuki usually has 2 available for test rides during their demo ride events so you should definitely check one out.

I've sat on a ZX-14 and (getting ready to duck blows from fellow busa riders) i dare say that it is somewhat more comfortable than a busa. The reach to the bars not being so far, and the seat not feeling as high in stock form....but it's not a busa...

Hope that helps.

ps....get the busa. you won't regret it....
    this months Cycle World Mag has the ZX14 beating the Busa, the Busa had more power but weighed more and they where equal in the speed department. they mentioned the zx14 was more comfortable and the busa had some unpleasant vibes.

by lowering your bike you made the handling disadvantage even worse to the SS bikes, and is probably why you were touching down your toes.

it doesnt really matter which one you get, theyre both motorcycles...
    RR

Hey Murf, glad to hear from you again.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ZX-14 is a great bike too. I was actually thinking of picking one up, but went with a zx-636 for the track instead. The reason I talk up the Busa so much is because I just love my Busa, so i'm going to talk about the bike I know and prop it up. It's just my personal preference, and Shizzle was asking why we like the bike we like. As for lowering it, I don't think 1" is a biggie. The bit about touching my toe down wasn't to brag or anything (far from it...i don't get into that kinda thing as I don't consider myself an "expert rider" or anything like that)...i was just saying that if she wants to lean the bike over, it will lean over. There are plenty of busa riders who haven't lowered their bike that are scraping toes, fairings, knees, etc. Having said that, I'm not disagreeing that it is not as nimble as a 600 or 1000 cc supersport...but she did say that she going to save track style riding for the track.

I don't know if you've ridden a busa before, but they do not handle poorly. They actually do handle quite well, more than adequate for what you will be doing on public highways and backroads

cheers,
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    this months Cycle World Mag has the ZX14 beating the Busa, the Busa had more power but weighed more and they where equal in the speed department. they mentioned the zx14 was more comfortable and the busa had some unpleasant vibes.

by lowering your bike you made the handling disadvantage even worse to the SS bikes, and is probably why you were touching down your toes.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    I do plan to keep the cbr, we have had to many adventures together and I would never get rid of my best buddy ever. ..
    So you have your answer. Get the Busa, since it is nothing like another 600 -- and you have the start of a "collection".

If you are interested in track, then you could make a nice track bike from the F4, but my advice would be get a track bike that somebody has already done the work to, it's cheaper that way and saves a lot of time and effort.

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Hey Murf, glad to hear from you again.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ZX-14 is a great bike too. I was actually thinking of picking one up, but went with a zx-636 for the track instead. The reason I talk up the Busa so much is because I just love my Busa, so i'm going to talk about the bike I know and prop it up. It's just my personal preference, and Shizzle was asking why we like the bike we like. As for lowering it, I don't think 1" is a biggie. The bit about touching my toe down wasn't to brag or anything (far from it...i don't get into that kinda thing as I don't consider myself an "expert rider" or anything like that)...i was just saying that if she wants to lean the bike over, it will lean over. There are plenty of busa riders who haven't lowered their bike that are scraping toes, fairings, knees, etc. Having said that, I'm not disagreeing that it is not as nimble as a 600 or 1000 cc supersport...but she did say that she going to save track style riding for the track.

I don't know if you've ridden a busa before, but they do not handle poorly. They actually do handle quite well, more than adequate for what you will be doing on public highways and backroads

cheers,
    B.
    Hey man, yes in all the write ups everyone says that the Busa handles surprisingly well, considering it weighs in at over 550 lbs now for 2008.
    In the end it really depends on the rider and intenstinal fortitude on how fast you go.

Get the Busa.... They can easily be lowered to suit your needs. And regardless of what everyone say's...... It still handles exceptionally well even when lowered, and stretched. It may not be the canyon carver that a RR is. But it is very well suited for everyday riding, with lots of cornering capability. If you required any more ability, you should prob. be on the track instead of the street. In which case the RR would be better suited. You won't regret getting a Busa.....But if you where to get the RR, you would forever be wondering if you should have got the Busa instead.

As far as height, and weight.....I'm 5'9" and approx. 175. I lowered my bike approx. 2" front and back, and I can stand and hover over the seat....

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    If anything, the Busa becomes more fun with this law...it has the mounds of torque at the bottom that would make it more fun "getting to the speed limit"
    I guess it depends what you find fun. I like to be able to bang of the red line in at least one gear without exceeding 150km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    They can easily be lowered to suit your needs. And regardless of what everyone say's...... It still handles exceptionally well even when lowered, and stretched. It may not be the canyon carver that a RR is.
    I have to disagree, choice of words is misleading ~~~ black is black and white is white. Busas are big huge bikes to begin with, when lowered and streched (affecting the geometry) steering is inevitable going to be affected probably for the worse. The 07 600RR is only 408 lbs completely wet down (thats only 1 lb heavier than a yamaha FZR 400), there is nearly a 150 lb difference between these machines. To say that it may not be the canyon carver the RR is implies they are in the same league. They aren't even an earths orbit within each other.

Get what you want but don't kid yourself. Just as the RR's power output is practically half the Busas it can also outmanouever it twice as well. Personally I'd get the RR, but I'm a very biased Honda sportbike guy and 600's are already stupid fast. Its so fun being able to use a large portion of the bikes capabilities without worrying about twisting the throttle too hard and dying. Also, your F4 is a completely different animal, the 07/08RR's gonna make it feel like its got one dead cylinder.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-01-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowers View Post
    I guess it depends what you find fun. I like to be able to bang of the red line in at least one gear without exceeding 150km/h.
    Well, first gear is 145kmh...there ya go!
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km

Quote Originally Posted by Mach12R View Post
    Hey suprphreak, wana sell your 14? or do ya know of anyone selling there's.
    Never selling this thing! Its so all around perfect! Same fuel consumption as my 636, the smoothest engine I have ever felt on anything with 2 wheels or more, and a rideability factor that makes it easier to ride than either of my previous 6's around town, and just smooth everything on the highway, and knee-dragging cornering angles.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Its so fun being able to use a large portion of the bikes capabilities without worrying about twisting the throttle too hard and dying. Also, your F4 is a completely different animal, the 07/08RR's gonna make it feel like its got one dead cylinder.
    could you clarify large portions of the bikes capabilities?