"Busa or CBR RR ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Busa or CBR RR ?

"Busa or CBR RR ?

Ok, ok, before everyone gets tied up in a knot, I know they are two different bikes with different purposes so please do not point this out. I do a TON of riding, my CBR 600 F4 is my main vehicle, touring, twisties, commuting ect. ect. Intellectually, my brain tells me that a 07 CBR would suit me better, fit and weight-wise,( 5'4, around 115 or so ), but my heart and soul wants a 'busa. Just, I gotta try it, I think, just for a season, maybe....."Busa people, weigh in here, please, I have heard so many things, too heavy(yes,yes, I know ) ( weigh in, get it?) hard to control at low speed, blah, blah, I want to hear from people who bought, tried one and did not like it and why, and what you DO like about them. And don't ask me about what type of riding I do, I just want to have some opinions, thank you. ( My New Years resolution was to be a kinder, gentler me, how am I doing so far ? ) LOL

Re: "Busa or CBR RR ?

Approx. 9,500,00 to 10,000 k in 2 months, on the F4, just figured it out, thanks, Pete, my mechanic, and chief tire changer...

'07 600RR (RIP VFR), sometimes an R6 for gurl rides ;)

As a proud 07RR owner.. I have to say, if you are comparing it to the old 600 or any of the current 600 gixxer, kawi, or R6... no comparison!

The power starts are 0 RPM and flows right through to the end. The bike is light, agile, and has the balls to prove it. Very enjoyable ride.

That being said, I've never been on a Busa... anyone want to loan me one so I can help with the comparison
    Practise is everything... Get out there and ride.

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Ok, ok, before everyone gets tied up in a knot, I know they are two different bikes with different purposes so please do not point this out. I do a TON of riding, my CBR 600 F4 is my main vehicle, touring, twisties, commuting ect. ect. Intellectually, my brain tells me that a 07 CBR would suit me better, fit and weight-wise,( 5'4, around 115 or so ), but my heart and soul wants a 'busa. Just, I gotta try it, I think, just for a season, maybe....."Busa people, weigh in here, please, I have heard so many things, too heavy(yes,yes, I know ) ( weigh in, get it?) hard to control at low speed, blah, blah, I want to hear from people who bought, tried one and did not like it and why, and what you DO like about them. And don't ask me about what type of riding I do, I just want to have some opinions, thank you. ( My New Years resolution was to be a kinder, gentler me, how am I doing so far ? ) LOL
    Are you trying to compare the Busa agaisnt the 600 or 1000 RR?
    Havind ridden both the Busa and 1000 RR. Personally speaking I would go with the Busa. I found the Busa more fit for my frame at 6'4" and 275. I just found the 1000RR to cramped.

My $0.02

You're really trying to compare apples and oranges here. Both the 600RR and the 1000RR are both full on sport bikes so comfort was not on the top of the list when being designed. If you do long hauls which are mostly out of the city I would say you go with the Busa. That being said the Busa is a big bike and not as nimble as the CBR so at the end of the day it may take more out of you to push it around. It all comes down to your riding style and what the bike will be used for, only you can answer that question.
    Look, lean, believe!

Quote Originally Posted by u_slo View Post
    The power starts are 0 RPM and flows right through to the end. The bike is light, agile, and has the balls to prove it. Very enjoyable ride.

D
    Don't get to carried away there, the 600RR is no litre bike. It makes power earlier than before (8000 rpm vs 10000rpm), but I think a 636 is comparable to it.

For that kind of mileage, go for the Busa. Or ZX-14.

Comfortable bikes, with smooth, manageable power. Roughly the same fuel consumption as their smaller bretheren, but like I said..COMFORTABLE.

If your comparison is 1000RR vs. then the good news is insurance will be about the same.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

oh: I have ridden the previous gen Busa, and it was quite comfortable and cornerd with aplomb, despite its noticeable girth. I own a ZX-14, and as well, it enjoys the twisties despite its husk.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by TheGradyTrain View Post
    Are you trying to compare the Busa agaisnt the 600 or 1000 RR?
    Havind ridden both the Busa and 1000 RR. Personally speaking I would go with the Busa. I found the Busa more fit for my frame at 6'4" and 275. I just found the 1000RR to cramped.

My $0.02
    But the OP is a foot shorter and 160lbs lighter than you, so I doubt if he would have the same cramped feeling...
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

BBK has a busa and swears by it.

Also the busa is more a sports tourer, so its probably going to be more comfortable

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-D View Post
    But the OP is a foot shorter and 160lbs lighter than you, so I doubt if he would have the same cramped feeling...
    I know. It was also asked "WHY?" we felt the way we did of either bike.

Mmmmm, girl on a Busa… HAWT!!!
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Keep the F4 and add the Busa.

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

i had an 05 600rr and switched to an 07 zx14. im 5'7" 140lbs.
    loved the rr but the comfort and power of the 14 is great.
    handling is fine. my size and weight doesnt affect anything except the launch at the dragstrip where i dont get enough weight up front.

I do plan to keep the cbr, we have had to many adventures together and I would never get rid of my best buddy ever. My cbr changed my life. Perhaps put it back to stock and make it my track bike....I don't like to go crazy on the street on a bike, to many risks and too much to lose, that is what track is for, no? Even twisties i approch with a level head, i don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone, just enjoy the ride and at whatever level i am feeling that day. One guy i ride with has done all levels of FAST and Keith Codes Superbike school and he is always the slowest in the group, good on ya, dude. I like to keep it in my pants, you know? So my riding style is pretty laid back ( dare I say slow...) with the occasional death-defying freak out where i throw saftey and caution out the window and let it schwingggg outta my pants. I KNOW the bikes are completley different, I KNOW, I KNOW, just feeling it out, you know...

You really have to ride the '07 CBR600RR to believe how much torque this bike spits out. Very city/commuter friendly.

Also, with Bill 203, there's not much you can do with a Busa to exploit its strengths.

I say you have to go with what your heart and soul says..

Anyone who says the busa is a big pig hasn't ridden one... They are very comfortable and handle suprisingly well. Lori get the busa, I think you already made that choice

Why does P.I.G turn into police????
    Never allow yourself to outrun your guardian angel

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowers View Post
    You really have to ride the '07 CBR600RR to believe how much torque this bike spits out. Very city/commuter friendly.

Also, with Bill 203, there's not much you can do with a Busa to exploit its strengths.

the same can be said for any ss bike, since first gear is good for over 100 km/hr vs. something like an SV650

Quote Originally Posted by 954RR View Post
    You're really trying to compare apples and oranges here. Both the 600RR and the 1000RR are both full on sport bikes so comfort was not on the top of the list when being designed. If you do long hauls which are mostly out of the city I would say you go with the Busa. That being said the Busa is a big bike and not as nimble as the CBR so at the end of the day it may take more out of you to push it around. It all comes down to your riding style and what the bike will be used for, only you can answer that question.
    More like apples and hand grenades, new 08 Busa is doing 202 mph with Brock pipe, USB, clutch mod and tie downs thats all!: