Black focused Schools? - Page 16

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Black focused Schools?

Re: Black focused Schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Hope you aren't an out-porter then, or the other folks from The Rock are likely prejudiced against you anyway
    Bloody 'townies'...

townie -> <-non-townie

townie -><-non-townie
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    By the way my wife is a black Jamaican with a degree in Biology, earns six figures, Is a leader and mentor to many, comes from a poor upbringing of a single parent with little emotional support and worse, put herself through University, is a fantastic mother and mentors underprivileged kids that are gifted academically. Probably if you saw her on the street with my son you would consider her another single black woman with no education! Don’t paint everyone with the same brush sir.

Of course my wife is never a victim so goes straight up to them for help without a complaint;
    I think you and Rob actually agree on things....

Rob sees the examples from his past of 2 examples of people who decided working hard wasnt for them. That they would rather become the stereotype that keeps getting passed around. They didnt make any effort, and gave up on life.

Simon, your wife is a fine example of a person who didnt take crap, who grew a backbone and spat in the face of stereotypes and difficulty and made something of herself. She made the effort, and got everything that goes along with hard work.

Frankly, I see the above extremes as an issue that goes way beyond race. I dont know many black people, but those who I have known have worked hard and aimed high. I have known many more white people to give up on life and just become baby factories. Whose the daddy? The pothead in the corner.

Bottom line is, no matter what your skin colour is, if you want something, you need to work hard for it. I worked hard to get where I am, and I'm as white as they come. Proud of what I have accomplished, too. My folks didnt pay for my schooling. They didnt buy my cars or bikes. We often skimmed by in any given year. I didnt have name brand anything. My shoes were from BiWay, while other kids had $100 Nikes. Did I demand a special school? Nah. I just worked hard. My parents taught me that. Work hard, and you can achieve whatever you want.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    Work hard, and you can achieve whatever you want.
    Not in those cheap *** biway sneakers you can't

Don't you got any style dog??
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Not in those cheap *** biway sneakers you can't

Don't you got any style dog??
    none at all
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor