Please help me before tomorrow morning - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help me before tomorrow morning

Re: Please help me before tomorrow morning

Thanks for the tip but she only wants to go through her Honda dealership, which I think is going to cost more.

She didn't call back yesterday when she said she would, nor did she call yet this morning. My guess is she just went through insurance.

Good news is that because of the low displacement size of my scooter (49cc), I would only be looking at a $200 increase next year if I were to keep ridding the scoot (and actually save money over paying her in cash) which would be going down over a 3 year span (not 6 years).

However, on a CBR-125R, I would be looking at about $500 increase in the first year alone which would gradually come down over to normal after two years, meaning across a three year span I would be paying about $300 more then if I had given her cash.

I'm trying to be optimistic about it... I just spent about $3,000 on tuition and books for this semester alone + paying off the visa for christmas stuff... not to mention last summer's income/savings was spent buying current bike and all equipment. I can afford an extra $300 over three years, I can't afford $5-- in cash today, so if she did go through the insurance I'm not gonna slit my wrists over it y'know?
    Last edited by adri; 01-30-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    However, on a CBR-125R, I would be looking at about $500 increase in the first year alone which would gradually come down over to normal after two years, meaning across a three year span I would be paying about $300 more then if I had given her cash.

I'm trying to be optimistic about it... I just spent about $3,000 on tuition and books for this semester alone + paying off the visa for christmas stuff... not to mention last summer's income/savings was spent buying current bike and all equipment. I can afford an extra $300 over three years, I can't afford $5-- in cash today, so if she did go through the insurance I'm not gonna slit my wrists over it y'know?
    students with visa's ...... nice

accidents stay with you for like 5 years bro, not 2

Okay, not sure if I am late with a reply or not but if she wants to go through insurance then this will turn out to be a 50% fault for each of you, no matter who did what (according to how insurance estimates fault at parking lots).

Ask for reciept and come up with a cash offer, take her written statement that all paid as agreed and do not touch insurance - they will make you pay no matter what in the longer run! I would consider shelling out as much as I can afford, provided that I want to have decent premiums in the future.

Good luck.

She didn't call back yesterday when she said she would, nor did she call yet this morning. My guess is she just went through insurance.
    Hopefully someone level-headed told her that it doesn't make sense to go through insurance and repair hassle for a negligible scratch. Anyway, don't hold your breath - call her and ask what her plans are. You'll sleep better.

... so if she did go through the insurance I'm not gonna slit my wrists over it y'know?
    Good. You've come to the point when you are informed of all possible consequences and prepared to accept them. That puts you in a much better position to negotiate a fair settlement.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish View Post
    Okay, not sure if I am late with a reply or not but if she wants to go through insurance then this will turn out to be a 50% fault for each of you, no matter who did what (according to how insurance estimates fault at parking lots).

Ask for reciept and come up with a cash offer, take her written statement that all paid as agreed and do not touch insurance - they will make you pay no matter what in the longer run! I would consider shelling out as much as I can afford, provided that I want to have decent premiums in the future.

Good luck.
    This is a 100% At fault loss. The other party's vehicle was not even running! Look up the ontario fault determination rules.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Two visas in fact, the twins, and they pay off tuition and are always payed off on time, and with rewards, I actually get money back each year without paying a dime.

We decided to come to an agreement. How does this sound:
    ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RELEASE

I, ____, of the City of ____, accept the payment of $___ from _____ as full payment for minor damage to the left side of the bumper of my car, a _______, on (DATE) at approximately xx p.m. in the parking lot of the ______ near the _______ store.

In exchange for such payment I release _____ from any responsibility for such damage or any other claims that I may have against him and agree that I will not pursue a claim through our respective insurance companies.

Dated at ____ this _____ day of February, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    This is a 100% At fault loss. The other party's vehicle was not even running! Look up the ontario fault determination rules.
    Thanks, I stand corrected then, thought both behicles were running/moving: should read the whole thing more carefully.

We decided to come to an agreement. How does this sound:
    ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RELEASE
    Sounds good to me, but I'm no legal expert. It's more of a deterrent from further litigation than something that would stand up in court as far as I know.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

I'm not saying she's a witch, I'm not saying I'm a saint. I have disconvenienced her, obviously. I wish I had taken a picture of this tiny little scuff mark you could barely see. The fact is though, her car is white (more like almost brown because it was so dirty... but it was supposed to be white. But man, if I was established, with a career, full time income, a unionized city employee, I like to think I would be a little more generous with how much I asked a kid who rides a scooter around. I could have EASILY rode off. There wasn't a chance in hell she would have ever gotten my plates, but I showed curtesy... and I wish it had been returned

>.<
    Dude, I've just been through this. My car was hit three times with no fault of my own:

June:
    Car's parked in a lot. Someone sideswipes it on the rear bumper and lighting. Some kid with a G1. She called her dad to ask what to do. Dad said leave a note. My wife just happened to find her writing the note. Cut to chase; we got three estimates, including car rental, went with the middle end quote, she paid the 450 bucks it would have cost to fix. This family were honest, good people. We made sure they knew it. But that doesn't mean hitting us is any cheaper.

July:
    Hit from behind while at a red light. Buddy was on his cell phone, thought it was green and hit the gas. I told him to pull into a gas station so we can get a better look and exchange info. I turned into the station, he took off, I gave chase and found him in a parking lot behind a building. Asked why he took off, he says "I thought this would be easier." Okay. 911, report failure to remain. He takes off again. Cops eventually get him at his house and charge him. There was a couple scratches, nothing I'd go through ins. to fix, but he didn't do what a reasonable person would do. He also refused to trade info or even look at the bumpers with me 2x. He fights the charge, it goes to court, he loses: 250 fine, 7 pts.

January:
    Small ding on my rear bumper (on the side). Someone pulled into the spot beside me at work, and cut it too close, probably. I'll never find them. But they're the scum of the earth, and Karma, a lot of the time, is a big fat bitttch.

Better to be an honest person -- most people live happier if they are.

Definitly ask for the bill, and ensure you have her cut a reciept for any funds you give her, noting what it is you're paying for.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

And reporting would have absolutely no negative effect on her?

When my bike was knocked over by that wild wind storm a few weeks ago, I wasn't covered for "freak accidents" (or whatever the insurance term is), and even though I didn't do anything wrong (my bike was parked next to the house where it is somewhat sheltered, in the driveway, where I told the insurance company it would be), I would be raising my costs by reporting the incident.
    Dude, now you're being a bit unreasonable. It's getting a bit annoying, man. I understand it sux; and maybe it's tough for you to come up with the cash. But that's the price we pay for being on the road. Eventually, stuff like this happens. And there's really not a whole lot of understanding from you regarding her.

Bottom line, you hit her. You damaged her vehicle. She's already going to be inconvenienced no matter if you pay in full. So make it as minimal an inconvenience as possible for her, and pay her in full, or go through insurance.

BTW, she wouldn't pay her deductable. YOur company would pay it (again, I've just been through this).
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Wind knocks your bike over = has an effect but rearvew mirror knicking your bumper does not :s What's the diff?
    Diff: When your mirror knicked her bumper it involved another person. PAY THE WOMAN AND STOP LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    If the wind pushed the bike over, it would come under her comprehensive insurance policy, assuming her insurance company did not take the line that it was a collision between two vehicles and put it under her collision, and assuming that you punked out and ran like a little girl.

But we all know the wind did not push the bike over, you let it go and it fell. Now you have two choices, you can either join the adult world, or you can continue to be the little girl.
    If I were the woman, I would be at the collision reporting centre, giving your info to them, then claiming under my insurance. You will end up paying for years, and probably continuing to complain about how hard done by you are.
    Agreed. When in this position, I might give the person an opportunity to pay for it. As soon as they start to backpedal, I'm covering my own arse and going to the reporting centre. Better for me to go through insurance than have to deal with someone who appears slimy.

Easy way to vindicate yourself. Pay up or claim it.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

I never knew asking for help on a matter I know nothing about would merit such rude reponses... and apparently I'm the one being a child :s
    Umm. . .. Children often revert to displacing blame even if their arguments are illogical.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Sorry dude.

Hey dude, so I posted before reading the whole thread -- seems you came to your senses and acted rationally. Props to you. Sorry if my posts appeared brusk. I just can't stand it when people get dishonest.

Peace, brother.

Ride safe.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Re: Sorry dude.

Yeah way to post 6 consecutive replies mostly repeating everything everyone's already flamed me for without first reading til the end, NOOBIE!
    I'm kidding, it's not a problem, I'm here to learn, if I have to take some crap along the way because that's the way you guys teach then so be it

I'm not sure I ever parted from my senses, or was acting dishonestly, I was simply beyond ignorant <-- the sad truth.