Is this insurance rate good? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this insurance rate good?

Re: Is this insurance rate good?

How much did yours go down if you don't mind me asking?

Sadly, State Farm like to play that trick. Bring the car over and the bike will be cheap, but then their car rate is higher what one may be paying. The end result doesn't justify the switch. I tried that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Kellen, I suggest you google a term called coercive tied selling. No company can force you to buy a product you don't want in order to sell you a product you do want.

It would be like the bank saying you can't open a chequing account unless you have a visa card and mortgage with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVFR View Post
    Sadly, State Farm like to play that trick. Bring the car over and the bike will be cheap, but then their car rate is higher what one may be paying. The end result doesn't justify the switch. I tried that already.
    Not in all cases. I currently have my bike with Statefarm and pay $67 per month. My car is with a different company and I pay $99 per month. If I switch the car to Statefarm it will be $65 and the bike will drop down to $45 per month. Over the course of a year, that adds up to some nice extra cash!
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.