Insurance timing

Thread: Insurance timing

Insurance timing

Hi,
    please advice - I have to renew my insurance in Feb 2008. Got 2 quotes - almost same amount ($600) , but first will expire in Nov 2008, second - in a year (Feb 2009). Both agents say "it does not matter - you pay only for summer months". I like first company more as I can insure my car later with them as well. But do you thing in Nov they keep the price about the same and will not increase it by the reason that before in was 600 for 8 month, and after it would be ~1000 for 12?
    I am confused,
    Thanks,
    Elena
    --
    Ontario bike places - http://thycomp.com/moto

BTW, my current company wants 1500

Re: Insurance timing

i dont think your insurance will increase because of "summer months" (if im understanding correctly)... you pay insurance for a bike for the full year, but obviously you cant ride over the winter months, so thats why they say only "summer months." In the end, just get whatever seems to be the best company...

Somebody please correct me if im wrong?
    RR

boundless

Re: Insurance timing

If the first company is "Primmum", you're last payment will be in November - but you'll have insurance to Feb of the following year. Effectively they charge you extra during the summer months and the give you the winter storage time for free.

I do not believe there's any insurance company left in Ontario that will insure during the summer only.

They don't want to do the paperwork involved to de-register you in the fall and then re-register you again in the spring.