Insuring a bike with no M Licence? Read more... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insuring a bike with no M Licence? Read more...

Re: Insuring a bike with no M Licence? Read more...

To answer your question YES he will be able to insure the bike I had a friend do the same thing last year BUT YOUR GOING TO PAY LARGE because of your record, I'm not sure if this is your first bike or not but I hope you ride safer than you drive judging by your post. If this is your first bike TAKE THE COURSE and RIDE SAFE !!

Good Luck

you can insure under your dad but they take the rate as the highest risk driver, so youll pay alot i tried this befor...now if you where to register the bike at a cottage address or somthing it could bring the price down quite a bit, now secondly and most important, where are the pics of you on a bike? or just you lol

Quote Originally Posted by apstndp View Post
    lol, come on.
    I called them for a quote they never asked me that. but i would have said yes to it. lol
    Does not come up for the Quote. I have a policy with them, and when I was setting it up, they did indeed as me those questions.

It is part of a standard set of questions she told me.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Stephanie_85

Despite what I say in my defense, I will still get negative feedback, I am sure, but here goes nothing…

I was able to get a reasonable quote under my own name for my 2007 CBR600RR. Yes, I did end up buying the bike.

What I failed to mention in my previous posts was that my driver’s abstract will be clear by the end of this year as all of my infractions and accidents happened in my younger, stupider days of driving a ‘supped-up’ civic.

I learned from my mistakes then and sold that car a few years back to get a BMW convertible, which, might I add, I baby and drive like a grandmother… what was most upsetting though, was to see how quick most of you were to judge me and tell me to stay away from the sport based on a few poorly thought out paragraphs. Absolutely awful.

To all of the people that sent me polite, congenial responses in my mailbox – I truly appreciate the support. By no means did I say I WAS going to insure the bike under my father, but rather, said I was considering it. Needless to say, I went a different route in the end anyhow.

For the rest of you, your responses were especially discouraging, and I truly hope that the majority of the riders out there aren’t as hostile as you. That would make for a pretty ****** biker community.

In particular, “rukus”, I’d like to express my absolute DISGUST in one of your posts reading “when is this gonna get moved to the downed riders section?” … as a rider (or rather, previous rider, from what I understand) you should know better than to wish that kind of fate on another rider. That’s totally frowned upon in the rider community where I come from. People have gotten the **** kicked out of them for saying things like that… really. Its bad karma… and I wouldn’t wish poor health, injury or fatality on even my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie_85 View Post
    Despite what I say in my defense, I will still get negative feedback, I am sure, but here goes nothing…

I was able to get a reasonable quote under my own name for my 2007 CBR600RR. Yes, I did end up buying the bike.

What I failed to mention in my previous posts was that my driver’s abstract will be clear by the end of this year as all of my infractions and accidents happened in my younger, stupider days of driving a ‘supped-up’ civic.

I learned from my mistakes then and sold that car a few years back to get a BMW convertible, which, might I add, I baby and drive like a grandmother… what was most upsetting though, was to see how quick most of you were to judge me and tell me to stay away from the sport based on a few poorly thought out paragraphs. Absolutely awful.

To all of the people that sent me polite, congenial responses in my mailbox – I truly appreciate the support. By no means did I say I WAS going to insure the bike under my father, but rather, said I was considering it. Needless to say, I went a different route in the end anyhow.

For the rest of you, your responses were especially discouraging, and I truly hope that the majority of the riders out there aren’t as hostile as you. That would make for a pretty ****** biker community.

In particular, “rukus”, I’d like to express my absolute DISGUST in one of your posts reading “when is this gonna get moved to the downed riders section?” … as a rider (or rather, previous rider, from what I understand) you should know better than to wish that kind of fate on another rider. That’s totally frowned upon in the rider community where I come from. People have gotten the **** kicked out of them for saying things like that… really. Its bad karma… and I wouldn’t wish poor health, injury or fatality on even my worst enemy.
    i responded pretty unkindly i guess, and i do apologize... the riding community isnt a bunch of ********, were pretty good guys/gals... I may have come across as hostile and rude, but given by what you said in your initial post, i thought u were just a ditz girl that didnt care about her actions, and wanted to get a bike... guess that was my bad... sorry for being rude, welcome to the forums...
    RR

Banned

wasnt wishing ill on you, ive seen that sort of thing happen too many times to care if someone is offended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGradyTrain View Post
    Speaking from experience, I don't recommend anyone ride someone else's bike. The consequences of putting the bike down are not worth it. I experienced a four month battle with my insurance company to get a reasonable settlement. After a friend put my bike down for the count. Oh and I thought my rates where bad prior to the accident. With this "At fault" on MY record. My projected rate increase is a whopping 83% for next season.

I would suggest you wait it out for your driving history to clean itself up.

TheGradyTrain, did your friend have his own insurance? just curious....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie_85 View Post

.................... bad karma… and I wouldn’t wish poor health, injury or fatality on even my worst enemy.
    Hmmmm. Sounds like a very different person.

I'd say we got fished-in.

Crashed into two innocent drivers in two years, only reason she's on the road is because daddy is footing the bills, and she wanted advice on how to scam ins companies into setting her up on one of the highest hp/weight vehicles on the planet.

Exactly what kind of responses did she expect?
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Banned

Exactly what kind of responses did she expect?
    bingo. if she's not a troll, then i figure shes trying to cover her arse.

good to see you decided to get your own insurance, this way you don't have to worry about any paperwork and being under your own name will count towards years of experiance which should help your rate eventually.

as to seeing what kind of person someone is, well what i noticed is that it's hard to do so over internet so i just hope you prove everyone wrong.

as to riding if you do a training course it should help you master the basics but the rr is still quite a bike to handle on the first year so take it easy at first and make sure you pick the right group of riders, never try to keep up with someone who has been riding 3x longer remember if you're planning to make this a long term interest you will have plenty of time to join the "fast group" next time/next season when you become comfortable with the pace. ride safe and i hope you like your first season.
    A bike is like a girl friend - expensive and high maintanance but it's all worth the ride...

Sauga area, always up for a ride if i'm not busy. Drop me a pm...